New Disney Characters Appearing!!

CamCodey

Original Poster
Hi!

I've heard from a CM that in honor of the release of Finding Nemo, two of the characters from the movie will start greeting guests near Ariel's Grotto in the Magic Kingdom on Friday, May 30th.

Other new or rare character sightings this past week (5/16-5/24):

Rebecca (Becky) Cunningham from TaleSpins was seen at Town Square in Magic Kingdom.

Jiminy Cricket was seen in front of the lagoon in Epcot with the Character Bus.

Stanley was recently added as a regular character in Rafiki's Planet Watch, along with Rafiki and Pocahontas.

Bre'er Rabbit was seen in Camp Minnie-Mickey in Animal Kingdom. (They no longer do appearances in front of Splash Mountain).

Sleeping Beauty was seen not only in Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast, but also several times at Town Square on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

Say goodbye:

Kermit and Miss Piggy greets were discontinued next to Muppet Vision 3D in December.

Please remember that most all characters are unpredictable. Here today, gone tomorrow OR Gone yesterday, here today!!

If you are looking for specific characters don't forget that you could get specific information of who, what time & where by asking a CM to dial the Chip Hotline (this was told to me by several CMs during our stay).

Keep going back to character greeting areas, the characters rotate unpredictably.

One day in Magic Kingdom we met 15 different characters in 1-1/2 hours! And these were in addition to the classic, regular characters. In addition to all of the Star Wars characters we met on Star Wars Weekends in MGM we met a total of 97 characters this past week! I will post a complete list soon.

In the meantime, Happy Disney Character Hunting!! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
welcome to my world... hehe

however, I wouldn't take the Nemo character thing at face value just yet... I think Disney's holding off for a bit on making them Fuzzy and lifelike just yet..

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Frontierland
Why Doesn't Brer Fox, Rabbit and Bear do greetings in front of Splash Mtn anymore? It doesn't make sense:confused:

Probably because that area is already too crowded without the help of a Meet n' Greet...

mkt

Premium Member
It's only a seasonal character location. They open it in the summer when it makes sense to have characters in such an out of the way location

Poncho1973

I can't wait until the new DuckTales meet n' greet opens! I'm so excited to finally meet Gyro Gearloose!

gyro.gif

or maybe even Webbigail

webby.gif

mkt

Premium Member
right....

actually... believe it or not, a Webigail was made for Special Events... but this was years ago

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Poncho1973
No way... that's crazy talk.

seriously...

the ducktales unit was comprised of:

Scrooge, Launchpad, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webigail, the Beagle Boys.

The only one you can even see regularly anymore is Launchpad... over the holidays you can add Scrooge

Maybe CHIP should put in a request line?

as for the CHIP hotline... don't get me started. CM's are told to not tell guests it even exists... ugh!!! but for requests... you get some options. Call special events and PAY for them (gonna be a pretty penny to say the least... think thousands of dollars), or start yet ANOTHER email campaign to Disney to get a character shown

Poncho1973

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
*calls ChiP hotline*

Ponch...is that you?

Yes, thank you for calling. Who would you like to see today? I've got a special on Darkwing Duck... $500. You want more?

We'll work on getting Fluffy, Muffy and Tuffy for you!

Poncho, making the obscure seem witty since 1973!

Cosmo

when we took the MK tour a few months ago, we were told that Jiminy Cricket only appears once a year, on Earth Day and then only at the MK. Does this sighting mean that he will begin making more appearances. My wife and I would love to meet him!:sohappy:

Poncho1973

There's a lady somewhere online that has a HUGE collection of pictures with the characters. I'm talking some of the most obscure characters around. She has some sort of a connection, b/c some of the pictures seem IMPOSSIBLE for a casual guest on a family vacation to arrange.

That would be funny. Maybe I should out character her. I'm sure with all of my connections, I could get a superior stack of character photos.

I can't find her website...

WDWFREAK53

Yes, thank you for calling. Who would you like to see today? I've got a special on Darkwing Duck... $500. You want more?

We'll work on getting Fluffy, Muffy and Tuffy for you!

Poncho, making the obscure seem witty since 1973!

Ummm...how about Dumbo??? Any specials for him???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom