Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I just don’t think the average guest is getting 10 attractions in a day in (or anything close to that) unless we are counting “saw a parade,” “saw a cavalcade,” “waived to Mickey standing in the train station” as an attraction.
Not for years

That’s didn’t mean it’s technically impossible

We saw all the claims of getting 14 fastpasses a day…
But at what cost?

I don’t tolerate that many headaches/work WHEN IM WORKING

The last 2 systems don’t allow enough availability to get much.

The best way was always OG fastpass for 2 or so headliners and standbys around them.

Simpler, better days

Fido Chuckwagon

Not sure what that has to do with anything. You do realize majority of DAS DO need it correct? The ignorance on these boards are beyond at times. Smfh
You complained that you didn’t want to have to sit and people watch while waiting for your DAS return time because that’s “boring.” This poster had a perfectly valid response to you.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Again i am literally on record stating Disney should require proof if they really wanted to eliminate this problem. My Mom & Myself both have documentation if you really need to know… when GA put this into effect the 1st time going i was given access then had to sign up and was approved by that 3rd party. So keep making assumptions.
If you and your mom have documentation, then why are you upset over these changes being made?

Splash4eva

You complained that you didn’t want to have to sit and people watch while waiting for your DAS return time because that’s “boring.” This poster had a perfectly valid response to you.
Not sure how thats the case but okay. I dont go to Disney to people watch. There are plenty of things i can do otherwise if i need to kill some time. All of which involves spending money so Disney loves me lol

TeriofTerror

1. Some people legitimately need DAS.
2. *SOME* of those people unfairly game the system.
3. Even legitimate use of the system can negatively impact other guests on occasion, such as large parties tagging along with the DAS guest.
4. Some people who don't need DAS get it anyway because they are lying, entitled jerks who think the rules shouldn't apply to them.
Disney realizes group one and non DAS-guests are being negatively impacted by groups 2-4 and feel a change is needed, both for the benefit of the non-cheating guests and Disney's bottom line. Disney is a company and their job is to make money; I can't fault them for that. Therefore, Disney is going to try some changes to see if they help. It's in Disney's best interest to try to provide the best experience possible for all guests, so maybe we can wait to see:
A. If anyone with legitimate issues suffers due to the new policies, and
B. If the changes improve the overall situation -
before getting our knickers in a royal twist?

Fido Chuckwagon

Im concerned that my Mom with her condition doesnt pass out and faint in the park again like she did when she was stubborn and refused it ages ago….
Have you considered:
1. Using a mobility device for your mother including in the queue’s?
2. Utilizing Disney’s “return to queue” service to make sure your mother can take frequent breaks;
3. Purchasing Genie+ for your mother and yourself to avoid lines; and
4. Utilizing Rider Switch so that your mother doesn’t have to wait in the longer lines?

It does sound like the new rules will preclude your mother if she doesn’t have a “developmental disability or similar,” however it also sounds like there are other reasonable accommodations that can be made to ensure that you and she still have an enjoyable experience.

Ayla

Have you considered:
2. Utilizing Disney’s “return to queue” service to make sure your mother can take frequent breaks;
4. Utilizing Rider Switch so that your mother doesn’t have to wait in the longer lines?

It does sound like the new rules will preclude your mother if she doesn’t have a “developmental disability or similar,” however it also sounds like there are other reasonable accommodations that can be made to ensure that you and she still have an enjoyable experience.
5. Not going when it is 100+ degrees and high humidity?

Fido Chuckwagon

Not sure how thats the case but okay. I dont go to Disney to people watch. There are plenty of things i can do otherwise if i need to kill some time. All of which involves spending money so Disney loves me lol
Well I don’t go to Disney to stand in line. There are plenty of other things I can do otherwise if I need to kill some time. All of which involves spending money so Disney loves me lol.

Do you see the problem?

Angel Ariel

Then you should be fine under the new system. Your daughter is exactly who DAS is intended for now, and, candidly, you should have a better DAS experience with shorter LL waits (and standby return times!) with other abuse weeded out.
As I said..the issue is the "shoulds" and the "might"...it's the unknown. It causes anxiety, as was the point of my post. I do think she should still qualify, but now it's a question mark vs a known quantity. It won't be a known quantity until our next trip, which we don't have planned yet.

Splash4eva

Have you considered:

Time will tell. Im going in June & honestly not sure how ill proceed. My Mom sadly most likely will not come if there is any uncertainty

Fido Chuckwagon

As I said..the issue is the "shoulds" and the "might"...it's the unknown. It causes anxiety, as was the point of my post. I do think she should still qualify, but now it's a question mark vs a known quantity. It won't be a known quantity until our next trip, which we don't have planned yet.
I really don’t think it should be a question mark and I think this falls into the category of people who keep assuming the worst of Disney despite Disney having a really good track record of being extremely disability friendly. I understand the anxiety, but I really think you’re going to be fine. Like, if I gambled, I’d wager you $100 at pretty good odds that you will be approved. Their website literally carves out developmental disabilities, which is what your daughter suffers from. This does not appear to be targeted at (especially children) with developmental disabilities, nor should it be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom