New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not sure what that has to do with anything. You do realize majority of DAS DO need it correct? The ignorance on these boards are beyond at times. Smfh
NO ONE is saying that there aren't people who need DAS. We're friends with a family that used the GAC until queues could accommodate a power chair (ventilator-dependent 90% of the time), so they likely used DAS at some point after it was introduced. It's the people who abuse the system who are being called into question.

For someone who says they use DAS, you're rather defensive about it being abused. If I didn't know better, you sound like someone at risk of losing their free lunch.

phillip9698

Not sure what that has to do with anything. You do realize majority of DAS DO need it correct? The ignorance on these boards are beyond at times. Smfh

If one person in a group of 6 actually requires DAS, i wouldnt say the majority of the people using the service need it. So i would be careful there.

And when i saw countless businesses running tours with DAS as the foundation of their business, i also would be careful saying the majority of the people using the service actually needed it.

Splash4eva

If one person in a group of 6 actually requires DAS, i wouldnt say the majority of the people using the service need it. So i would be careful there.

And when i saw countless businesses running tours with DAS as the foundation of their business, i also would be careful saying the majority of the people using the service actually needed it.
Thats a Disney policy which im on record stating that the number needed to be reduced and also have said let people who dont need it in the party go standby

Disstevefan1

No…

It’s the satisfaction/repeat potential/PR buzz from people buying genie or just tickets in general they are concerned with…

…and the money

They aren’t mutually exclusive at all.
No....... Its ALL ABOUT MONEY in their theme park business.

As for their movie business, its not about money, its about the message apparently.

Splash4eva

NO ONE is saying that there aren't people who need DAS. We're friends with a family that used the GAC until queues could accommodate a power chair (ventilator-dependent 90% of the time), so they likely used DAS at some point after it was introduced. It's the people who abuse the system who are being called into question.

For someone who says they use DAS, you're rather defensive about it being abused. If I didn't know better, you sound like someone at risk of losing their free lunch.
Im concerned that my Mom with her condition doesnt pass out and faint in the park again like she did when she was stubborn and refused it ages ago…. And ftr as ive stated i buy Genie as well so nothing free here. But go ahead keep judging others you dont even know. As ive said ignorance is bliss.
Im also on record stating documentation & proof should be required!!!

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Surely they can flag those people in the system and dig deeper, right?

Like I’ve done with the same crew every trip for 7 trips now. One time we added two additional people and had a party of 5, but otherwise it’s just been the 3 of us. The same 3 of us.

That HAS to look different in the system than someone who comes with large groups of different “friends” every trip?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Do you really think people who lied will no longer do so? And if you are talking about “abuse” by following the rules. They really havent done much to curb that in park

You keep saying this. But do you honestly believe that this is s reason not to even try?

“Well, no use trying to fix anything, because people gonna people so all effort is useless”

Fido Chuckwagon

So what do you suggest people to do? Just sit around and do nothing. Im sorry people watching is not fun if you ask me
I mean, I don’t know, but standing in line is not fun either and the current system was clearly unsustainable which is why Disney changed it. Under the new guidelines where only those with developmental disabilities qualify? I don’t think there’s any problem with them doing multiple things at once. They make up a smaller portion of the population and won’t devour so much ride capacity. For everyone else, you can wait in line like everyone else and make use of the return to line passes and rider switch when you need them, or you can purchase genie+ and rope drop and ride rides at the end of the night and learn to enjoy low-wait time attractions like everyone else.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Im concerned that my Mom with her condition doesnt pass out and faint in the park again like she did when she was stubborn and refused it ages ago…. And ftr as ive stated i buy Genie as well so nothing free here. But go ahead keep judging others you dont even know. As ive said ignorance is bliss.

You claim that the same people will still continue to successfully abuse the system even with the changes coming. So why are they making a change at all?

There is no ignorance here, as I've stated. I'm familiar with how the systems have worked. Traveling occasionally with a family that includes a quadriplegic and a ventilator-dependent child assures that. But you use DAS and buy Genie+. And you still don't see the problem with that. I can only lead the horse to water, I cannot make it drink.

Wendy Pleakley

Surely they can flag those people in the system and dig deeper, right?

Like I’ve done with the same crew every trip for 7 trips now. One time we added two additional people and had a party of 5, but otherwise it’s just been the 3 of us. The same 3 of us.

That HAS to look different in the system than someone who comes with large groups of different “friends” every trip?

The notion of treating families differently is problematic.

Why does a biologically related group get to stay together, but a group of close friends who see each other as brothers and sisters do not?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The notion of treating families differently is problematic.

Why does a biologically related group get to stay together, but a group of close friends who see each other as brothers and sisters do not?

That’s why i said flag and dig deeper 🙄

If someone travels one a year to Disney or twice and has different friends groups, fine. But if someone is there every other week with six new friends, that deserves some questions. A review.

ConfettiCupcake

Blame Disney for their policies. Ive already stated countless times as what they should have done to ease alot of this pain and all would take away from what DAS offers now BUT still provides an experience that is more than fair. And ill state this again. If anyone is foolish enough to believe that people who have lied to get DAS is all of a sudden going to have a moral compass you are sadly mistaken. So what happens. People who need it will be turned down. No matter how small that number is. I think we all know this is about money and how Disney can make more of it.

Liars will always lie. That’s why I think these program changes are intended to make it less appealing for anybody whose intention isn’t to gain access to the attraction. They didn’t touch the proof route. If the rider switch concept is what they end up replacing DAS with for certain needs that is definitely much less appealing to use unless you actually need it for its intended purpose.

You’re better off waiting in line as a whole group if you’re able than taking advantage of rider switch, so the appeal is greatly decreased for those who can make do in a line sometimes or who are flat out lying.

Angel Ariel

people who legit qualify for DAS are now concerned they're going to be the baby thrown out with the bathwater - caught up in something unintended, yet bad nonetheless.

Dd has a developmental disability, and yeah is impacted to such a degree we *shouldnt* have an issue. But the unknown leads to anxiety. And tbh, we have enough anxiety and unknowns every day. I can see why anxiety comes across as defensiveness, but it's unnecessary to equate that to these are the people who are abusing it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
You claim that the same people will still continue to successfully abuse the system even with the changes coming. So why are they making a change at all?

There is no ignorance here, as I've stated. I'm familiar with how the systems have worked. Traveling occasionally with a family that includes a quadriplegic and a ventilator-dependent child assures that. But you use DAS and buy Genie+. And you still don't see the problem with that. I can only lead the horse to water, I cannot make it drink.

To be honest, I’ve felt a responsibility to buy Genie+ because without the DAS we totally would. And that brings a guilt associated with not getting Disney the money they expect for the trip. Which I’m sure sounds mad to people.

But we’d been planning on buying it in September, because that seemed like the right thing to do. But reading through this thread is giving me doubts

Splash4eva

I think they are trying to make more money & attempt to put more lipstick on a pig bc they have no capacity. They will not forego any Genie money from anyone that wants to pay. You want to have the debate about whether someone can hold both Genie & DAS at same time go ahead we can and its not a hill ill die on defending it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom