New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No he doesn’t body surf, but I’m not sure what that has to do with riding PPF with the great grandkids.
That’s the grey area…which is what is why they are changing the policy

He may be entitled to accommodation…

But it falls into a basket under the current system where people can talk their way into the same basket and it’s screwing with genie

It’s unbalanced and getting into genie’s pocket

Jrb1979

That’s a bad position to be in. I started going to Disney as an adult in 1984 and we took my mother (who had osteoarthritis) before any type of fastpass. She ended up not going on many of the rides with longer waits.

Back then we didn’t even think about asking for accommodations. If the lines were too long we just skipped the rides.

Things are so much better now that more people are included and able to enjoy more experiences. It’s hard to believe some people’s attitudes.
To be fair Disney goes above and beyond what most parks do for guests with disabilities. The majority use boarding passes and you walk up the exit and board.

TrainsOfDisney

To be fair Disney goes above and beyond what most parks do for guests with disabilities.
Most parks don’t have long lines for family attractions - the long lines are for more extreme attractions that fewer guests with disabilities want to experience.

This is one of those times that Disney really is unique and can’t easily be compared to other parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What i think you are missing is this. If the lines are all long. You can only book 1 ride at a time. So if i book a 90 minute wait what does one do with a child? Or with anyone? Then wash rinse repeat? Not the best of days… im willingly buying another product to grant me the same access to skip the line. Im not gonna debate or say its not an “advantage” but telling someone they cant buy something is also unfair as well imo. Hence why i keep saying. Get rid of the larger party size get rid of the pre bookings and im all for and i know its illegal getting rid of re rides… or at least only permit th DAS user and 1 other to re ride
But now you’re getting double the rides…meaning you are not waiting 90 minutes with the virtual queue. You can alternate them cutting that wait in half…and since now two are return time windows…you can hop on the teacups or the barnstormer multiple times in between.

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree here.

Happyday

What i think you are missing is this. If the lines are all long. You can only book 1 ride at a time. So if i book a 90 minute wait what does one do with a child? Or with anyone? Then wash rinse repeat? Not the best of days… im willingly buying another product to grant me the same access to skip the line. Im not gonna debate or say its not an “advantage” but telling someone they cant buy something is also unfair as well imo. Hence why i keep saying. Get rid of the larger party size get rid of the pre bookings and im all for and i know its illegal getting rid of re rides… or at least only permit th DAS user and 1 other to re ride
I totally agree except one point I would say 2 other riders as if it is a child both parents may want to ride with them and some DAS riders also need assistance to get on some rides.

bmr1591

That’s a bad position to be in. I started going to Disney as an adult in 1984 and we took my mother (who had osteoarthritis) before any type of fastpass. She ended up not going on many of the rides with longer waits.

Back then we didn’t even think about asking for accommodations. If the lines were too long we just skipped the rides.

Things are so much better now that more people are included and able to enjoy more experiences. It’s hard to believe some people’s attitudes.
I have no issue helping people enjoy the park and experience the magic. I do have an issue with those who don’t need it using the system to the detriment of my experience.

Splash4eva

But now you’re getting double the rides…meaning you are not waiting 90 minutes with the virtual queue. You can alternate them cutting that wait in half…and since now two are return time windows…you can hop on the teacups or the barnstormer multiple times in between.

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree here.
Ive already stated this multiple times what the “advantage” is with DAS and people who are willing to pay for Genie. I just dont see how you can deny someone the ability to pay for something others have as well. Ive basically gave a play by play on how to do it

flynnibus

Premium Member
What if Disney made G+ not limited to a single use?

Do we think that would remove enough incentive? Basically the combination of removing excess DAS people in LL lanes will improve LL .. Disney can manage the LL capacity better (and G+)... It makes G+ more attractive, and they sell more G+ in turn... and many people off put by not being DAS allowed find a G+ that is not throttled an acceptable alternative?

Seems like a win-win... yes there will be people who refuse to pay for G+ still.. but what if this satisfies a bunch, and makes G+ better for all?

Splash4eva

I totally agree except one point I would say 2 other riders as if it is a child both parents may want to ride with them and some DAS riders also need assistance to get on some rides.
Thats fair and i think the reduction from 6 to 4 will help as well for starters but bottom line the 2 pre books need to go asap and this coming from someone who uses DAS

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ive already stated this multiple times what the “advantage” is with DAS and people who are willing to pay for Genie. I just dont see how you can deny someone the ability to pay for something others have as well. Ive basically gave a play by play on how to do it
The others without DAS are paying for the one thing availabile to them. They don’t have access to both. There is a bit of an imbalance there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What if Disney made G+ not limited to a single use?

Do we think that would remove enough incentive? Basically the combination of removing excess DAS people in LL lanes will improve LL .. Disney can manage the LL capacity better (and G+)... It makes G+ more attractive, and they sell more G+ in turn... and many people off put by not being DAS allowed find a G+ that is not throttled an acceptable alternative?

Seems like a win-win... yes there will be people who refuse to pay for G+ still.. but what if this satisfies a bunch, and makes G+ better for all?
You know why

Because genie+ can’t even handle single use…your gonna have even more people lining up at pest services when some get skinky 2-3 times and others never see it pop up once

Trauma

That’s the grey area…which is what is why they are changing the policy

He may be entitled to accommodation…

But it falls into a basket under the current system where people can talk their way into the same basket and it’s screwing with genie

It’s unbalanced and getting into genie’s pocket
But they are still allowing the other basket where people can say they have autism.

That’s why I still maintain the correct solution was to require documentation.

Splash4eva

The others without DAS are paying for the one thing availabile to them. They don’t have access to both. There is a bit of an imbalance there.
But in theory they do… i can only use 1 DAS at a time and use Genie like everyone else…. Now if you want to say i am not allowed to get a Genie while im “in line” virtually with my DAS thats another topic and convo we can have. But then what do we do? Say DAS users are not allowed to ride attractions with no wait times while in their DAS VQ? Its definitely a good debate to have regarding when i can book a genie while holding a das but to say a DAS user cant buy it ill disagree there

Splash4eva

To be fair Disney goes above and beyond what most parks do for guests with disabilities. The majority use boarding passes and you walk up the exit and board.
Altho i think Disney is beyond fair for what they do. Ive been to HP and GA and you literally walk up to the ride and get on basically right away. Kinda like the old way was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But in theory they do… i can only use 1 DAS at a time and use Genie like everyone else…. Now if you want to say i am not allowed to get a Genie while im “in line” virtually with my DAS thats another topic and convo we can have. But then what do we do? Say DAS users are not allowed to ride attractions with no wait times while in their DAS VQ? Its definitely a good debate to have regarding when i can book a genie while holding a das but to say a DAS user cant buy it ill disagree there
It’s an imperfect system for sure. I’m sure the debate won’t end soon. If you have DAS and genie plus and they don’t communicate…you have 2 pre booked times at once without waiting for the window on genie+ to elapse.

Let’s move on. Plenty of other quirks to discuss

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's the part most aren't considering here. Re-rides are usually associated with kids who have (as Disney would put it) "Autism or similar". For the most part these people aren't riding ToT all day every day. My son's fixations are Pooh and SSE. If he rides those 4 times in one day and never goes on a thrill ride, I don't think people like him are what is really causing the backup here.

My daughters fixation is/was Splash, which was never a problem. Our record is six times in a day, and that’s only because i got too nauseous lol. But with the redo that won’t be possible anymore

Waiting for a bus in the morning is usually not the problem. Waiting in the lines at the end of the night could be. That leaves a guest with 2 options…leave the parks earlier before the lines get long, or wait in the parks until the lines lessen. You could use the restroom several times before you get in line.

Also uber

Okay then you can't ride more than once either.

Lol we’re going back to the e-ticket booklet. Purchase an e-ticket booklet for rides on the popular rides!

Section106

How many abusers are going to actually pay for G+? These are people who don't want to pay which is why there was an increase in DAS usage at the same time G+ was implemented.

I imagine that there will be slightly more G+ usage, people will have fights in the standby lines with "leave and return" and the wait times will stay the same.

Florida Man

I feel for Disney's industrial engineering team. Not only do they have to make the system operate smoothly, but they also have to play human psychologist and try to understand human behavior and what loopholes people may find in the next iteration of DAS haha

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My daughters fixation is/was Splash, which was never a problem. Our record is six times in a day, and that’s only because i got too nauseous lol. But with the redo that won’t be possible anymore
I can remember the “wait” on slow days being the time it took to get from the shop dump back around and on again on slower/colder days
Those were simpler/cheaper/better food quality times 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom