New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Genie changes, we used to manage my Gfs condition relatively well with FP+ (before we finally caved and got DAS), if we can preselect 3 longer line rides for the early afternoon this could be a game changer for us and allow us to enjoy the parks til 2-3pm instead of leaving by noon like we do now.

Fingers crossed the E-tickets don’t sell out in seconds.

Not thrilled about an extra $40 per person but if we could prebook Big Thunder, Space, and 7 dwarfs, and prebook Tron we can find things to do to fill the rest of the morning and evening, it sucks to essentially pay $190 for a ticket but it beats paying $150 for a ticket and hoping we can get on enough rides to justify the price.

Last edited:

NotTheOne

I’m cautiously optimistic about the Genie changes, we used to manage my Gfs condition relatively well with FP+ (before we finally caved and got DAS), if we can preselect 3 longer line rides for the early afternoon this could be a game changer for us and allow us to enjoy the parks til 2-3pm instead of leaving by noon like we do now.

Not thrilled about an extra $40 per person but if we could prebook Big Thunder, Space, and 7 dwarfs, and prebook Tron we can find things to do to fill the rest of the morning and evening, it sucks to essentially pay $190 for a ticket but it beats paying $150 for a ticket and hoping we can get on enough rides to justify the price.
Looks like Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain are both tier 1, so can only pre-book one, and both Tron & Seven Dwarfs are both single purchase LL.

JoeCamel

I didn’t notice there’s tiers again, might not be the saving grace I was hoping for.

Yeah, I understand why they do the tiers, but I still don't like it.

Looks like HM and PotC will be top tier 2 rides.

They still don't have enough capacity to not tier it

No tiers at DAK, so that's something - even if it's just because that park doesn't have enough to do tiers AND have FoP as an ILL.
And if you can require a person to purchase two days admission it isn't a bad thing right?

DisneyCane

When we go to Vegas we can easily lose $40 per person in 10 minutes playing slots!

Touchdown

So I know I’m an hour late (sorry was getting OBB tickets) but another quieter then normal day. It’s looking like this is having a real impact on lines. With the new changes to G+/MULL? It’ll be harder to say definitely. Hopefully standby stays like this or gets even better.

IMG_5590.jpeg

lazyboy97o

So I know I’m an hour late (sorry was getting OBB tickets) but another quieter then normal day. It’s looking like this is having a real impact on lines. With the new changes to G+/MULL? It’ll be harder to say definitely. Hopefully standby stays like this or gets even better.

View attachment 794786
This also correlates to the solstice. You might as well claim that is having an impact as well.

RSoxNo1

I just had a follow up conversation with the Disneyland disability services team to get a bit more clarity about the 4 person cap. One of the questions they asked me was about the number of guests under the age of 14. I didn't get it clearly defined, but the impression that I'm getting is that if a traveling party includes multiple guests under the age of 14, that's where they would be willing to bend on the 4 person cap.

Many attraction warning signs have the stipulation that children under the age of 7 must have someone 14 years or older accompanying them which makes sense.

Touchdown

Again a quieter Thursday then we have seen in a while and a marked departure from last week. I know some of you don’t want to hear this but the changes to DAS seems to be affecting standby times, the 4th is next week, so let’s see if this continues.
IMG_5593.jpeg

lazyboy97o

No you're not. Granted we travel in one of the lowest wait time weeks of the year, so I understand that and don't take that for granted - but there is pretty much no situation where I'm seeing 60+ minute waits and saying those are low wait times.
The thing about pushing nonsense is to just keep repeating it.

Touchdown

First I feel really bad for everyone visiting the MK today, I was shocked to see how long the TC list was (and how much of it is in MK)

IMG_5595.jpeg
IMG_5596.jpeg

That said, it’s amazing this list is so short and is not made up of mostly MK rides, you can tell the bloggers are out in MK, everyone is live casting from the midway instead of riding rides, just like the 50th.

IMG_5598.jpeg
IMG_5597.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom