New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Club Cooloholic

Well we gotta stop calling it Genie + lol. Apparently big changes coming..
Disney Genie+ service will become Lightning Lane Multi Pass, while Individual Lightning Lane will be known as Lightning Lane Single Pass starting July 24, 2024.

Marionnette

Disney Genie+ service will become Lightning Lane Multi Pass, while Individual Lightning Lane will be known as Lightning Lane Single Pass starting July 24, 2024.
Sounds like an improvement over G+ but I'm cautiously optimistic. The real test will be how much (more) they will charge for it.

NickMaio

fp+ with the preplanning was terrible. It didn't work the same way DAS prebooks rarely worked for us. It's just too difficult to predict where in the park we will be at a given time, and we cannot criss cross as so many do.

But it looks like the speculation on adding prebooking to genie+ - now called lightning lane multi pass - was accurate. So I continue to feel that the DAS changes were more about selling more genie+ than anything else.
Damn right they were.
Dis has become real slime balls lately.

Club Cooloholic

Sounds like an improvement over G+ but I'm cautiously optimistic. The real test will be how much (more) they will charge for it.
I think the catch is they will get more people pre buying it if they are staying on site to take advantage of the earlier booking times. So might buy it for their whole vacation...and then learn they really didn't even need it much. I know that happened to me in the last with Uni, getting the hotel for front of the line and it not even being that crowded

Last edited:

haveyoumetmark

Here is your first major impact resulting from the changes implemented to DAS. We can stop attempting to analyze small and inconsistent changes to standby times on random days.

flynnibus

Premium Member
On top of that, it doesn't even mean you're guaranteed to get anything. It's just adding a deterrent step for people to get through before they can talk to the Universal people re: accommodations. People get IBCCES for all kinds of disabilities - deafness, mobility issues, vision issues - many of which wouldn't entitle them line accommodation.
Simply put... it's offloading the 'verification' step before UNI or Six Flags will offer you an accomodation. It's some scheme to shift the conversation to a 3rd party 'expert' to somehow absolve the park operator from having to make the determination of a valid disability or not. The output is just a digital token that you then having to take to the park operator and they then decide what accommodation you should get, within their operations.

The whole thing is scammy from a lot of directions.. depending on what you value.

Splash4eva

fp+ with the preplanning was terrible. It didn't work the same way DAS prebooks rarely worked for us. It's just too difficult to predict where in the park we will be at a given time, and we cannot criss cross as so many do.

But it looks like the speculation on adding prebooking to genie+ - now called lightning lane multi pass - was accurate. So I continue to feel that the DAS changes were more about selling more genie+ than anything else.
Of course it was… which again they can do as a company but lets call the DAS overhaul what it is. Another cash grab that will make no impact on standby lines at all imo

Figgy1

Premium Member
For some. For many with disabilities the whole genie+ as a replacement for DAS concept just got a lot less accessible
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Marionnette

For some. For many with disabilities the whole genie+ as a replacement for DAS concept just got a lot less accessible
I don't think that G+, nor this new system, are good substitutes for how DAS functioned in the past for a lot of people. But the old DAS isn't coming back. For us least, being able to pre-book 3 selections is something that we can work with. It sucks to have to pay for it in order to enjoy a trip. We will just adjust our budget to include it and make spending cuts elsewhere during our trip.

Angel Ariel

I don't think that G+, nor this new system, are good substitutes for how DAS functioned in the past for a lot of people. But the old DAS isn't coming back. For us least, being able to pre-book 3 selections is something that we can work with. It sucks to have to pay for it in order to enjoy a trip. We will just adjust our budget to include it and make spending cuts elsewhere during our trip.
I'm glad it is something your family can work with, truly. Prebooks have never reliably worked for us, whether they were free or paid.

So I will continue to hope that DD's developmental disability will continue to qualify her for DAS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom