New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

TrainsOfDisney

Realitively slow Monday, Mondays have been quieter but not this quiet.
And today was -
7 dwarves average wait - 55 / peak @ 85
Peter Pan - 46 / peak @ 65
Monday June 17, longest average wait time - 7 dwarves mine train @ 67 / peak @ 85
Peter Pan @ 52 / peak @ 70

Monday june 10 - longest average wait time -
7 dwarves mine train @ 61 / peak @ 75
Peter Pan @ 54 / peak @ 75

Monday June 3 -
7 dwarves @ 59 / peak @ 75
Peter Pan @ 48 / peak @ 80

Gringrinngghost

Why would people flip out about this?
People have recently flipped out for being asked to ask CMs for a return time...
There's nothing at universal that prevents someone with an attractions assistance pass from getting in the standby line for an attraction while waiting for a disability return time. You don't get a return time to enter the standby line.
Same at Disney as well.

Splash4eva

Some require more than one carer not to mention single parents with kids
Why would people flip out about this? It's no different than not being able to get 2 DAS return times at the same time, which isn't possible either. There's nothing at universal that prevents someone with an attractions assistance pass from getting in the standby line for an attraction while waiting for a disability return time. You don't get a return time to enter the standby line.
Some do require more but again 2 is better than none..

Splash4eva

DAS is not genie plus and plus won't work for those that still qualify for various reasons
I know the difference. Im simply saying those who previously had DAS & are now denied to potentially offer it as a courtesy granted i know Disney most likely not giving away anything for free but was just a thought.

Rayne

My husband and I have planned a trip to disney world this September. In all the years we have gone to Disney world he has never been denied a DAS pass. He has heart failure and is diabetic. He takes medication for diabetes as well as pressure medication and diuretic medications as well. Waiting on a line that is longer than 30 minutes, especially when it is in the heat can cause him to pass out. Many of Disney's attractions have outside lines when they are over 1 hour long. Even with a wheelchair he cannot wait for a long time in the heat. When we go to Disney we have to take frequent breaks in air conditioned buildings. In August I am planning to try and register for a DAS pass for him. Because of the new changes to DAS, I am so nervous that his medical condition will no longer qualify him for a return time if he starts to feel ill. This could make our visit this September very physically unsafe.

Dranth

My husband and I have planned a trip to disney world this September. In all the years we have gone to Disney world he has never been denied a DAS pass. He has heart failure and is diabetic. He takes medication for diabetes as well as pressure medication and diuretic medications as well. Waiting on a line that is longer than 30 minutes, especially when it is in the heat can cause him to pass out. Many of Disney's attractions have outside lines when they are over 1 hour long. Even with a wheelchair he cannot wait for a long time in the heat. When we go to Disney we have to take frequent breaks in air conditioned buildings. In August I am planning to try and register for a DAS pass for him. Because of the new changes to DAS, I am so nervous that his medical condition will no longer qualify him for a return time if he starts to feel ill. This could make our visit this September very physically unsafe.
Easier said than done of course but I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

You have some time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the system is tweaked a bit down the line. I also expect that once all the kinks get ironed out the new accommodation will work reasonably well for many people. If he does end up getting denied, there should be plenty of real world reporting out there at that point on what people were able to do, how the new accommodations helped, how they didn't and armed with all of that information hopefully it will make the trip easy, safe and enjoyable for you both.

If you aren't sure you can make it work, call and get a refund for any part of the trip you can.

Also, is there any chance you could push the dates now just in case? Moving the trip to late January for example could make a HUGE difference in temperatures.

Angel Ariel

I know the difference. Im simply saying those who previously had DAS & are now denied to potentially offer it as a courtesy granted i know Disney most likely not giving away anything for free but was just a thought.
What's the point of such speculation at this point? The changes are made. There's no indication Disney is going to give free genie+ to those denied DAS. There have been reports of guest recovery where people have been given 1-3 LL returns, but I expect that is going to be short lived as a transitional recovery option.

Splash4eva

What's the point of such speculation at this point? The changes are made. There's no indication Disney is going to give free genie+ to those denied DAS. There have been reports of guest recovery where people have been given 1-3 LL returns, but I expect that is going to be short lived as a transitional recovery option.
Its simply conversation …

Club Cooloholic

My wife and son really struggle with heat so when I proposed a trip in August she shut me down right away. We are going in November instead. Wouldn't a winter month be better? September can still be very hot, even when not waiting in lines just getting though main Street or from the parking lot could be dangerous for him.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Under those conditions - since you already have a trip planned - can you use Genie+/ILLs if you’re denied? I know it’s expensive but trying to do without it sounds miserable.

Disstevefan1

Under those conditions - since you already have a trip planned - can you use Genie+/ILLs if you’re denied? I know it’s expensive but trying to do without it sounds miserable.
Folks who are denied must purchase G+ and/or ILL

It’s either that or don’t ride any attractions.

There is always plenty of food and merch. 👍 isn’t that what we all mostly do anyway 🤣

Chi84

Premium Member
Folks who are denied must purchase G+ and/or ILL

It’s either that or don’t ride any attractions.

There is always plenty of food and merch. 👍 isn’t that what we all mostly do anyway 🤣
I was just making a suggestion. It was definitely worth it when the osteoarthritis in my hip made long lines in a wheelchair incomprehensible. Although with 2 older people and young grandchildren we would buy it anyway. It makes the trips much more expensive.

Disstevefan1

I was just making a suggestion. It was definitely worth it when the osteoarthritis in my hip made long lines in a wheelchair incomprehensible. Although with 2 older people and young grandchildren we would buy it anyway. It makes the trips much more expensive.
You are correct. If you are denied DAS, you really have no other choice but to purchase G+ and ILL.

Yes, it does get expensive for sure.

Splash4eva

Does genie cost money yes but much more in comparison?!? I would disagree. It was less than 10% of what my Disney portion cost me. To me thats not bad at all especially for what i was able to get out of it

Disstevefan1

It would have been “no other choice” for us but I don’t claim to speak for others.

We always made do just fine with FP+. It’s too bad Disney has gotten so greedy.
FP+ was great.

We actually liked the paper Fastpasses the best! We would walk to the end of the standby line and make magic for folks by giving them Fastpasses.

Ah, the good old days...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom