New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

maemae74

Personally i dont know how its possible to only get in 4 good attractions a day. Also define good? You can argue some parks dont have 4 good attractions in total. As ive stated. I literally just came home. I do have DAS i was literally able tobmnude almost everything via Genie+/ILL
4 was just a number I used. I don't know what the average is.

TrojanUSC

Discussing the changes is one thing. Saying that those with Disabilities "expect too much" or "should be fine with what they are given", is not OK. No one can say that everyone will be just fine with the changes because we know that is not possible. And yes, there have been plenty of comments on here that have been very insensitive.

Personally I don't think anyone is saying anything quite so heartless. However, outright abusers aside, it's quite clear that there are a LOT of people with disabilities who are refusing to try the new accommodations because they are not as easy or straight forward to use, or they think they should be entitled to DAS. Were they to try them, some of these people may find the new accommodations simply won't work for their medical needs, which would warrant a second conversation with Disney, but I suspect the vast majority would find they would work just fine, even if they would never publicly admit it.

At the end of the day, there's a reason why the likely majority of DAS users were people abusing the system, either by outright lying or using the service even when their disability didn't require it at that moment in time. It makes a trip to the parks way easier and more enjoyable. Disney had to do something to make it less desirable to these people and unfortunately it means some people with legitimate disabilities that can be serviced in other ways lose their DAS access.

Splash4eva

Personally I don't think anyone is saying anything quite so heartless. However, outright abusers aside, it's quite clear that there are a LOT of people with disabilities who are refusing to try the new accommodations because they are not as easy or straight forward to use, or they think they should be entitled to DAS. Were they to try them, some of these people may find the new accommodations simply won't work for their medical needs, which would warrant a second conversation with Disney, but I suspect the vast majority they would work just fine - even if they don't like them as much.

At the end of the day, there's a reason why the likely majority of DAS users were people abusing the system, either by outright lying or using the service even when their disability didn't require it at that moment in time. It makes a trip to the parks way easier and more enjoyable. Disney had to do something to make it less desirable to these people and unfortunately it means some people with legitimate disabilities that can be serviced in other ways lose their DAS access.
Thats a bold statement to say the majority of DAS users were lying or used the service even tho they probably didnt when you have a thread 500 pages long of which contain people in here who uses and need DaS so by your statement i guess we are mostly all liars….

NotTheOne

Explain to me how a 3rd party is approving someone for theme parks and disney is not… come on.
The third party isn't approving anyone for theme parks, they're just verifying that there is a disability. The theme park still determines whether or not accommodations will be offered, and if offered, what those accommodations might be.

At Universal, if they approve accommodations, you keep those accommodations so long as you keep the IAC up to date (annual).

peter11435

Thats a bold statement to say the majority of DAS users were lying or used the service even tho they probably didnt when you have a thread 500 pages long of which contain people in here who uses and need DaS so by your statement i guess we are mostly all liars….
I think previous DAS users can be lumped into three groups. Those with a disability that truly need DAS, those with a disability that could be accommodated through other methods besides DAS, and those who were lying/cheating/scamming/exaggerating to acquire DAS. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the second two groups make up the majority of former DAS users.

Unfortunately the new process means that many that truly need DAS are being denied because the process to weed others out is flawed. And the process puts unnecessary burden on the second group by subjecting them to inconsistencies and constant difficult discussions about their disabilities.

NotTheOne

I think previous DAS users can be lumped into three groups. Those with a disability that truly need DAS, those with a disability that could be accommodated through other methods besides DAS, and those who were lying/cheating/scamming/exaggerating to acquire DAS. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the second two groups make up the majority of former DAS users.

Unfortunately the new process means that many that truly need DAS are being denied because the process to weed others out is flawed. And the process puts unnecessary burden on the second group by subjecting them to inconsistencies and constant difficult discussions about their disabilities.
There is no need to have constant difficult discussions about their disabilities...if they think they'll need to leave the line, they tell the CM beforehand and ask how it's handled. Since this is open to everyone in the park, there is no need for disability to even be part of the discussion.

DoubleSwitchback

Just a few days ago you were saying many former DAS holders would cheat and leave the line immediately for AQR, rather than try to wait, because they felt entitled. No one else has said anything quite that sweeping and cynical.

peter11435

There is no need to have constant difficult discussions about their disabilities...if they think they'll need to leave the line, they tell the CM beforehand and ask how it's handled. Since this is open to everyone in the park, there is no need for disability to even be part of the discussion.
For most guests you are correct. But not all.

Splash4eva

Just a few days ago you were saying many former DAS holders would cheat and leave the line immediately for AQR, rather than try to wait, because they felt entitled. No one else has said anything quite that sweeping and cynical.
Im from NYC call me cynical i guess….

On a more serious note and not sure Disney would ever go this route. People they are denying that previously had DAS would they consider simply giving them a free version of Genie+ and call it a day if things got
Bad?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Were you provided any advice of accomodations? Was it one ride...all rides?

For WDW... they were less than polite. Not all the way rude, but definitely curt.

For UO, here you go.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 10.17.29 PM.png

C33Mom

I also think the rampant DAS use by groups 2 and 3 pushed some of us who previously (barely) managed to get by with touring strategies and FP/FP+ into group 2, and then that caused a snowball effect leading to more and more use as DAS LL use jammed up park operations. By the time they overhauled it, DAS didn’t even work reliably for those of us who truly couldn’t handle 20m+ waits.

Gringrinngghost

If Disney were to roll a system that mirrors this using the app and making it all digital, I can't tell you how many people would still collectively loose it. Specifically at the if you get a second one, regardless your first one is null and void. Also; little fun tidbit, AAPs are still being scanned at the same frequency as they were in the past... Secondly I have had when I worked in the parks guests call for supervisors for enforcing bullet point three saying they were not told and did not know... when its right in front of them...

how-to-use-the-aap-universal.jpg

Angel Ariel

Specifically at the if you get a second one, regardless your first one is null and void
Why would people flip out about this? It's no different than not being able to get 2 DAS return times at the same time, which isn't possible either. There's nothing at universal that prevents someone with an attractions assistance pass from getting in the standby line for an attraction while waiting for a disability return time. You don't get a return time to enter the standby line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom