New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Fido Chuckwagon

There is no way in hell they can do that now
You think they can’t allow Genie+ rerides on tier 3’s? I’m talking like the future world rides in Epcot or Ariel, IASW, Barnstormer, Aladdin, Teacups & Dumbo in MK. Those things don’t generally run out of LL’s till quite late in the day and it would add value to Genie+. I guess at HS & AK it would really only be shows (or Kali in the winter), so wouldn’t be worth anything there.

TrojanUSC

You're not accounting for the fact that some guides are casual, some tours are not the full day and the guide can sometimes have more than one party per day, they're (Disney) never afraid to pay overtime if it means accommodating demand, and there aren't always 125 tours per day, that's only on the busiest days.

This isn’t true. There’s a minimum of 7 hours to book a tour. Guides never have more than one party per day.

TrojanUSC

Guides will occasionally do 14 hour days for the sake of overtime and the very generous tips they often get.

The group tours such as KTTK are conducted by guest relations. The VIP tours are conducted by Disney Signature Experiences. They only share a costume.

They can not work over 10 hours a day anymore due to DOT rules with driving the vans.

Guest Relations tours wear blue plaid.

TrojanUSC

This would imply they are netting something like 125 million dollars a year on VIP tours.

The tour business has become a massive behemoth. Mid week days they often do less than a hundred but peak times they’re doing well more than 100.

It really exploded during COVID when there was no Fastpass option and Disney really started aggressively marketing the service to travel agents, etc.

RamblinWreck

Im curious to get peoples opinion …. What do you think is going to happen to wait times once this “new” version of DAS comes out to standby lines? I genuinely would like to get everyones thoughts.
From a behavioral vantage point, they would almost certainly go down.

To what degree, I don’t know.

Ride queues without skip the line services are self regulating. Based on how desirable the ride is, everyone has a tipping point on what’s “too long” to wait and the line will fill up to a point where there’s no one else still willing.

With DAS / lightning lane, you’re filling up a lot of slots with people who don’t have to have any tolerance for a wait, so it skews higher. This really can’t be argued.

The question would be, how many people who won’t/can’t wait that long, but do really want to ride certain rides, will actually pay for G+ or ILL’s? How many who now only qualify for rider swap will go through with that process?

It’s going to be fewer than those who were using DAS for free to not have to wait at all. But how many fewer?

RamblinWreck

Standby is going to increase a lot. I could a 60 minute wait becoming 90 minutes easy. IMO that's not they are trying to fix. The point of the changes is to open up more availability for those who purchase Genie+.
Standby times can’t increase by taking away the ability for more people to ride a ride without sacrificing any of their time waiting.

How would that happen?

el_super

With DAS / lightning lane, you’re filling up a lot of slots with people who don’t have to have any tolerance for a wait, so it skews higher. This really can’t be argued.

Guests with DAS still have to wait. Maybe not in a physical queue, but they are still committing time to getting on an attraction. They are still limited to the number of attractions they can get in a day.

The only way anyone with DAS has any advantage over someone in Standby is if they, with an assigned return time, jump into a standby queue for an attraction with a shorter wait time. The scenarios where that makes sense, and the number of people with that opportunity and desire to use it, is probably extremely small.

Joel

The only way anyone with DAS has any advantage over someone in Standby is if they, with an assigned return time, jump into a standby queue for an attraction with a shorter wait time. The scenarios where that makes sense, and the number of people with that opportunity and desire to use it, is probably extremely small.
DAS has a serious abuse problem, and you think people using it to maximize the number of rides they can do is a rare occurrence? Would you be interested in purchasing a bridge?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You think they can’t allow Genie+ rerides on tier 3’s? I’m talking like the future world rides in Epcot or Ariel, IASW, Barnstormer, Aladdin, Teacups & Dumbo in MK. Those things don’t generally run out of LL’s till quite late in the day and it would add value to Genie+. I guess at HS & AK it would really only be shows (or Kali in the winter), so wouldn’t be worth anything there.
As we saw with fastpass+…a multiple booking system just creates more trouble across the board…they just don’t have enough

I think they should have standby only and undo the stupid genie on the lower tier or larger capacity stuff

Put pirates and haunted mansion back the way they found it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom