New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Fido Chuckwagon

Do you assume that everyone issued a DAS is lying and running from ride to ride or show to show while waiting for their assigned return times?
There are literally people in this thread who have admitted to “running from ride to ride or show to show” while waiting for their assigned times. One guy very early on bragged about how he strategically makes them so he’s eating dinner and enjoying other attractions while waiting for a return time. The fact that many DAS users don’t recognize that this is a type of “soft abuse” is part of the problem. Disney turned a blind eye to this type of soft abuse for a long time, but clearly they no longer are. Powerusing DAS to avoid all waits, even waits you can do, and effectively placing yourself in multiple standby lines at once is absolutely a form of soft abuse.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not really though. Right now, a DAS user taps into, let’s say ROTR, and immediately can grab another ride. Let’s say MMRR has a 60 minute queue at that point. Right off the top the DAS user is getting around 10 minutes chopped off that wait. The DAS user still needs to wait in the ROTR LL queu, make their way through the pre-shows, and ride the actual ride. Let’s call that process 25 minutes. The DAS user then needs to make their way over to MMRR, maybe they stop for the bathroom on the way over. By the time they get to MMRR their DAS is ready to go.

Years ago I got a bonus 6 anytime fast passes for recovery due to a fairly significant hotel screwup. In a day at the magic kingdom with my family of four including two young children, even with basically unlimited fastpasses, I could not do more than 1 ride every 50 minutes or so. The DAS users are not “waiting” in any kind of real sense for the vast majority of rides under the current system. This is why it needed to change. Even tiny changes like adding a 10 minute cooldown between tapping into a ride and booking the next one are positive steps.
A legit DAS user isn't going to be able to wait 60 minutes in another que. The cheaters can let's just say I'd be banned if I said what I would want to happen to them

Fido Chuckwagon

And it is still the case that nobody has really been able to articulate why a “return to line” pass will not work for the vast majority of non-neurodivergent disabilities. Lots of anger directed towards Disney from those who got very used to DAS and don’t want to lose it without actually seeing what Disney is going to give them in terms of a return to line pass that should let them take unlimited breaks for the issues caused by their disabilities.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pirates especially seems like a ride that would never have a long line. Even on high crowd days with Genie in place that line dies down quick later in the day.
Oh it certainly did

Waited in an hour plus ride many times in the 80s and early 90s…

But that was a full PLAZA. Open both sides and keep em
Moving and it cranks out 2,500 people an hour

That’s what it was built for

Figgy1

Premium Member
And it is still the case that nobody has really been able to articulate why a “return to line” pass will not work for the vast majority of non-neurodivergent disabilities. Lots of anger directed towards Disney from those who got very used to DAS and don’t want to lose it without actually seeing what Disney is going to give them in terms of a return to line pass that should let them take unlimited breaks for the issues caused by their disabilities.
Among the people here I thinks it's more the lack of information especially for those who have trips where it will be to late to cancel when the logistics are known. I hope Disney extends some grace and extends the cancellation policy for those people

Splash4eva

There are literally people in this thread who have admitted to “running from ride to ride or show to show” while waiting for their assigned times. One guy very early on bragged about how he strategically makes them so he’s eating dinner and enjoying other attractions while waiting for a return time. The fact that many DAS users don’t recognize that this is a type of “soft abuse” is part of the problem. Disney turned a blind eye to this type of soft abuse for a long time, but clearly they no longer are. Powerusing DAS to avoid all waits, even waits you can do, and effectively placing yourself in multiple standby lines at once is absolutely a form of soft abuse.
How is following Disney guidelines any type of abuse? I definitely have done what you have save sans the part where if something is around a 15 minute wait i go on standby

Fido Chuckwagon

How is following Disney guidelines any type of abuse? I definitely have done what you have save sans the part where if something is around a 15 minute wait i go on standby
We will have to agree to disagree. Just because you qualify for an accomodation, doesn’t mean you should poweruse it to avoid all waiting to the extent that you are skipping waits you would otherwise be able to do. Part of the problem here is that even if nobody is lying about their disabilities to get DAS, it is being used in such a way that it is sucking up a huge amount of overall ride capacity. It was never designed to do this, it was designed to allow guests with a disability to have the equivalent experience of a guest without, not to have a superior one. This is “soft abuse.” You’re right, it doesn’t technically violate any rules, but it’s absolutely what destroyed the system and forced Disney to change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not abuse…as you say.

It’s a disadvantage based on their policies. Apparently it’s serious enough to THEM that they’re trying to cut it.

We went over this five days ago and I’m
Still confused: so correct me if I’m wrong. You can hold a Das return time and have genie slots booked simultaneously, correct?

The systems don’t talked to each other?

Fido Chuckwagon

They don’t have to

They can go on the teacups…or figment…or eat at any of 5,000 spots
Or watch a show, or go on peoplemover, or go on Carousel of Progress, or go to Tom Sawyer’s Island, or ride the Riverboat, or go on any future world ride after about 3 pm, or view a parade, or watch the fireworks…. It goes on and on and on. I actually suspect that some of the DAS powerusers are shortchanging themselves of trying some of these really great experiences because of the concentration on hitting those Tier 1 & Tier 2 attractions. On my families first few trips back in the FP+ days I never experienced incredible attractions like Tiki Room because I was so buried in my phone trying to grab that next fast pass. That was a real shame.

Fido Chuckwagon

It’s a disadvantage based on their policies. Apparently it’s serious enough to THEM that they’re trying to cut it.

Still confused: so correct me if I’m wrong. You can hold a Das return time and have genie slots booked simultaneously, correct?

Correct. Plus the two prebooks you get from DAS. I mean, realistically, a DAS user does not need G+ unless they’re just trying to have a day of hitting all headliners in one day. It’s completely superfluous. I guess it’s worth it for some DAS users who have short trips and don’t visit that frequently, but otherwise, it’s almost certainly a waste of money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or watch a show, or go on peoplemover, or go on Carousel of Progress, or go to Tom Sawyer’s Island, or ride the Riverboat, or go on any future world ride after about 3 pm, or view a parade, or watch the fireworks…. It goes on and on and on. I actually suspect that some of the DAS powerusers are shortchanging themselves of trying some of these really great experiences because of the concentration on hitting those Tier 1 & Tier 2 attractions. On my families first few trips back in the FP+ days I never experienced incredible attractions like Tiki Room because I was so buried in my phone trying to grab that next fast pass. That was a real shame.

Yes.

But I gotta be honest…I don’t get ride pounders in Disney parks to begin with? You’re missing the point.

It’s also not ACE worthy…like Billy Madison playing dodgeball in kindergarten. If you want to be a “ride warrior”…I’ll meet you in Sandusky and we’ll rock that sucker. No pin lanyards allowed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Correct. Plus the two prebooks you get from DAS. I mean, realistically, a DAS user does not need G+ unless they’re just trying to have a day of hitting all headliners in one day. It’s completely superfluous. I guess it’s worth it for some DAS users who have short trips and don’t visit that frequently, but otherwise, it’s almost certainly a waste of money.
I think it’s reasonable for everyone to ride all the rides they want everyday…but they don’t have the capacity for it so most can’t

This is like a systemic hack/cheatcode

Like when we had unlimited lives in Contra

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes…you have described the rabid warthogs before 🤪

But the point is that they would not in the bendy dark tunnel under space mountain waiting during that time…

Which is the disadvantage and bad for business.
I wish they were only rabid warthogs, being a picky eater is the one thing my ds doesn't have as part of his condition even though it's extremely common
The bendy dark tunnel is a que ds has a problem with even though he loves SM. I would say why he needs a DAS for other peoples comfort as well as his but it would be a roadmap for cheaters

Angel Ariel

Disney actually told people to get food or shop or ride an attraction with a shorter wait. They didn't "turn a blind eye" to it. They encouraged it. In fact it's still on the DAS page now in the FAQ. Abuse is using something in a way that wasn't intended. Disney not only intended, they encouraged it.

Now, yes, people exploited it and Disneys putting measures in place because of people who cheat. I understand that and am not arguing it. But things like having a meal while waiting for Remy or riding tea cups while waiting for SDMT were absolutely intended and encouraged by Disney.

DisneyHead123

I mean, I get that there are people in this thread who really don’t want DAS to change, but this is just burying your head in the sand. There have been repeated posts from trusted members such as Len Testa and other insiders that have led to the conclusion that a very small amount (around 8 percent) of guests are hoovering up a very large (as high as 71 percent) percentage of ride capacity. It is not all just “bunk.”
Respectfully - I keep seeing this claim repeated as if DAS users have some special powers that allow them to eat up line capacity at like 4x the usual rate. In reality all this means (assuming about half of DAS users are in two lines at once) is that about 12% of park goers is all it takes to eat up 71% of park capacity. That is problematic regardless of DAS use (assuming the 8% claim is correct, and not 8% + 5 guests, or 40%).

Splash4eva

That is correct and you can also hold your 2 pre booked attractions as well… this is why i said from the get go. The pre books NEEDED to go immediately once they first started seeing this trend. They are under no obligation to hand them out. Not only did they give 1 they gave 2!!! They cant be that clueless. Can they?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom