New DAK Continent?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The location for Jim Hill's Night Kingdom is what I assume.

So glad that idea died quickly.

Sigh, it wasn't Jim Hill's Night Kingdom because several other people reported the idea for "Night Kingdom" long before Jim Hill got the info

JustInTime

Sigh, it wasn't Jim Hill's Night Kingdom because several other people reported the idea for "Night Kingdom" long before Jim Hill got the info

And from what I understood, it was to be a separate park. Not a land in Animal Kingdom. And I hated the idea either way. It was planned for one demographic. The wealthy.

RSoxNo1

You can just take that article and add the current year onto the end of it.

The article is also full of personal thoughts and not facts; the area is planned for eventual expansion, but the transit and walking situation is so wrong. As mentioned earlier, that land is what is left of the old tree farm and construction staging from when the park was built, not to mention the mid 90`s plans for Tiger River Run.

It's hard to tell from the aerials of that area what is required to access that land. I think if the outer ring of the Maharajah Jungle Trek is removed (the antelope/deer/cattle behind the Tigers) that would free up some space for a walking path. However realistically, I think the only thing that can take up that spot is a huge nighttime type show where the path to get there is actually the queue.

My answer is the same as Master Yoda's:

This is another case of someone reading a few posts (or ideas) on message boards, believing it is true and running with it. Haven't we had numberous discussions about this on here? I think we know where they are gathing information from. :lol:

I have seen blue sky concepts for that area but it wasn't part of AK. The concept seemed to have been filed away though.

That''s a rather confusing statement...:lol:

The location for Jim Hill's Night Kingdom is what I assume.

So glad that idea died quickly.

Yeah it sounds like this was about Night Kingdom, but as others have said, Jim Hill was one of the more notable people that reported on this, but he wasn't the only one.

There are some people that insist that Jim made this up out of thin air when it's simply not the case. This was the type of project that exemplified what the bean counters are looking for right now: quick return on investment. If you want to attach a name to this project, it's more accurately called Jay Rasulo's Night Kingdom (or Jungle Trek or whatever it was actually going to be called).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is another case of someone reading a few posts (or ideas) on message boards, believing it is true and running with it. Haven't we had numberous discussions about this on here? I think we know where they are gathing information from. :lol:
Yes we have. About every six months or so someone will post that infamous Google maps image and ask what is going to be built on the this newly cleared area.

Atomicmickey

This really makes you wonder more and more about mainstream media.

Who wants to start a thread about how Disney is going to build a rocket pad to Jupiter and see how long it takes to be on the front page of CNN?

I mean, I've gone to CNN.com and seen Miley Cyrus as their lead story. It's not that farfetched.

I'd hope to be pleasantly surprised, and that this blogger person really does have a source that knows something that our insiders don't but I'm not holding my breath.

This will be fun to watch as it gets bigger, then pffft runs out of steam. Sorta.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This really makes you wonder more and more about mainstream media.

Who wants to start a thread about how Disney is going to build a rocket pad to Jupiter and see how long it takes to be on the front page of CNN?

I mean, I've gone to CNN.com and seen Miley Cyrus as their lead story. It's not that farfetched.

I'd hope to be pleasantly surprised, and that this blogger person really does have a source that knows something that our insiders don't but I'm not holding my breath.

This will be fun to watch as it gets bigger, then pffft runs out of steam. Sorta.
I think it is a product of the 24/7 media we have now. News agencies are desperate for content and fact checking has gone out the window for the sake of being first with the breaking news. The missile launch that was nothing more than a con trail from a commercial airline is a perfect example of this.

IWant2GoNow

Yes we have. About every six months or so someone will post that infamous Google maps image and ask what is going to be built on the this newly cleared area.

That was my very first thread/post when I decided to join this site. :lookaroun

Luckily I wasn't flamed and got a very quick concise answer and I appreciated it. But now I understand the slight frustration when the same questions are asked by newcomers after being on here for a while.

I hope DAK gets something soon, but I, like most, feel this is just a fanboy pipe dream and nothing they are going to start on anytime soon (aka before FLE is done).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That was my very first thread/post when I decided to join this site. :lookaroun

Luckily I wasn't flamed and got a very quick concise answer and I appreciated it. But now I understand the slight frustration when the same questions are asked by newcomers after being on here for a while.

I hope DAK gets something soon, but I, like most, feel this is just a fanboy pipe dream and nothing they are going to start on anytime soon (aka before FLE is done).
There is no point in flaming for something like that as it is an obvious question that does not always show up when you search. But.....A professional news agency should know better and do a little fact checking. Quite honestly it would not surprise me if someone a WESH knows someone at the Disney Blog and the article was run as a favor. Of course poor reporting is just as likely.

S

stphnbogert

i think austrailia would be a great idea anyway. me personally i would love to see some expansion/work done at dhs before ak. but anything new is exciting. i'm not holding my breath for this though but i hope its true. =)

IWant2GoNow

There is no point in flaming for something like that as it is an obvious question that does not always show up when you search. But.....A professional news agency should know better and do a little fact checking. Quite honestly it would not surprise me if someone a WESH knows someone at the Disney Blog and the article was run as a favor. Of course poor reporting is just as likely.

Most definitely.

If I were ANY professional news source, I don't think I would EVER reference a blog just to be safe. To me that's like the news agency owning up to their own fail that they weren't able to get the news on their own.

But I guess stranger things have happened and maybe in a year we'll be :brick: because we didn't believe the blog. :lol:

But that has about a 1% chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom