News New Crêperie restaurant coming to Epcot's France Pavilion as part of Ratatouille expansion

Kman101

Ummm, welcome to an internet forum? Not trying to be snarky, but isn't "the back and forth" part of discussion? If you don't care for it or would rather not participate, it's simple.....don't.

Eddie Sotto is about as far from a blogger as one can be. Please do research before jumping to such disrespectful conclusions.

This.

"Lecture" is over. :rolleyes:

It's the constant "you need to listen to me because I'm right" (whether you are or not isn't really my point) and you're stupid for not caring. That's how the back and forth comes across.

I've been on message boards a very long time. I know how they work, thanks ;)

It's not about the information being presented. Sometimes it's how some of you go about it ;) like we're all too dumb to get it. And then there's anger because some of us genuinely don't see it like you do. Nothing wrong with that. Not all of us are experts in every field ;)

I very much welcome knowledge and learning about things. One of the best things about this board is how much I've learned :) But some of you (and this goes for "the other side too") develop this attitude of superiority. Sorry but it's just how it comes across. Maybe that's not how it's meant to be presented, but it is. That's why you guys sometimes get pushback ...

Talk TO someone. Not at them.

Missing20K

It's the constant "you need to listen to me because I'm right" (whether you are or not isn't really my point) and you're stupid for not caring. That's how the back and forth comes across.

I've been on message boards a very long time. I know how they work, thanks ;)

It's not about the information being presented. Sometimes it's how some of you go about it ;) like we're all too dumb to get it. And then there's anger because some of us genuinely don't see it like you do. Nothing wrong with that. Not all of us are experts in every field ;)

I very much welcome knowledge and learning about things. One of the best things about this board is how much I've learned :) But some of you (and this goes for "the other side too") develop this attitude of superiority. Sorry but it's just how it comes across. Maybe that's not how it's meant to be presented, but it is. That's why you guys sometimes get pushback ...

Talk TO someone. Not at them.
Was this talking to me.....or at me? ;)

lazyboy97o

In the photo of the two Imagineers, the crêperie should be to the camera’s right, so behind the the theater. This is where the restrooms were located on early water management plans.

Lensman

I'm learning to get over the intellectual snobbery/patronization/condescension and to avoid getting too involved in the meta. Though obviously I still have much to learn about this (this post being a case in point).

I feel that a simple withholding of a "like" has to be enough of a passive-aggressive response to keep the forums on-topic.

ObCrepe: What are the chances that the crepes will be good? Also for the record, I agree with @The Empress Lilly and am unsure whether this building really fits in architecturally with the rest of the permanent buildings in the France pavilion. I mean, do they intend to do the equivalent with the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion? Is it going to look like a suburban building with touches to "remind" us of Japan? I don't think so. So why is this kind of architectural treatment acceptable in the France pavilion? I always thought that the Epcot pavilions were meant to be in the style of some distinctive historical architecture in the sponsor country. The creperie building doesn't transport me back to 19th century France, for that matter. Is it meant to? Should it have been? I'm hoping for some patronizing expert replies here over-analyzing the architecture of the existing buildings in France and contrasting them with the proposed creperie building!

plutofan15

I totally agree but I have to ask, lol, what mall are you guys going to? I gotta get there because I pretty much live in what is the US's largest mall (in leasable space) with the largest area of upscale french stores (King of Prussia) and it's a huge tourist attraction, I gotta say not a darn thing there looks like a Disney cafe.
So please tell me where you shop or eat that when you get there you think "this looks just like that restaurant in Epcot"

just lighting the mood.

For more than six years, my office was across the street from the KoP mall. Absolutely nothing Disney about that mall.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Literally no one is saying that.

We're saying some of you are taking it too far.

You're making a mountain out of a detail on a roof which will not function. The whole thing is a facade - and a small one at that. As long as it blends in and looks like it could be in France and not Miami Beach, they did just fine.

Wow. It's almost like we're on a niche fan forum for detail-obsessed people to discuss Disney theme parks, environments which are known for their obsessive attention to detail. Wild!

Animaniac93-98

You guys are arguing with someone who spent 30k on a timeshare at what they view as a fun amusement park complex. Nothing more. It's not an argument you can win.

This is probably the most bizarre aspect of Disney fandom.

People willing to spend thousands of dollars on a product they love to act indifferent towards and criticize others for caring about. 🤨

ToTBellHop

Amazing - I’m one of those people, and this is still NBD.
To you.

Good for you. Yet you keep clicking on this thread.

It's so 2019 watching people show how much they care about the fact that they don't care about something.

"Dude, this is no big deal. Like, it's a huge deal to me that this is no big deal. And it's a huge deal to me that you are making a big deal out of what I'm making a big deal out of how much it's NOT a big deal. So stop making a big deal about it. And if you do, I'll post in this thread 317 times about how much I don't think this is a big deal.

Also, I'm always right.

Also, you're wrong.

But it's NBD.

sips Starbucks Matcha Green Tea Latte"

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Nope. But the back and forth is tiresome.
It's also just that. A drawing. You've seen the finished product? There's nothing wrong dissecting it and pointing out the flaws, as you see them. But this lecturing some of you do is a bit much.

To be fair, nobody was really lecturing anybody up to a certain point. A group of posters (with a considerable level of expertise in this medium) were laying out their opinion on why the concept art looks off, and even providing detailed reasoning as to why that is. I can't think of any place better to that than this website. Then other posters (one in particular) came in and basically condescendingly told them to shove off because who cares about details (I guess? I never really saw a reasoned argument from the other side).
Then those same original posters again tried to explain why the concept art doesn't make a ton of architectural sense, and were again greeted by a select few basically telling them that they are crazy and that only an Imagineer is allowed to be critical of WDI's work. This, of course, is complete bull lol. And who are they to say that nobody posting here works in Imagineering or a similar design firm? We have plenty of posters who fit that description, and they are under no obligation to disclose that information.

I won't posit that I'm any kind of expert on architecture, but I did feel that the concept art seemed a little off, even if I didn't necessarily know why. I also thought that it was pretty bland and didn't really evoke any sense of place to me. Disney provided a specific region that this is supposed to be based on, but this looks nothing like the typical architecture of that region. I was able to deduce this with a simple Google search.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom