New country pavilion at Epcot?

which country would you most like to see added to the WS?

• Australia

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Egypt

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Greece

Votes: 42 21.9%
  • India

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Ireland

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Russia

Votes: 30 15.6%
  • Thailand

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdunbar

I also choose Ireland because I think the emerald Island would be an exceptional addition to the WS I mean they could have Irish dancers and a restaurant and so many other things....:wave:

SirNim

You will notice the current two leading candidates are Greece and Russia.

But why?

It all comes down to this: It's not between Greece and Russia... this poll is between the Parthenon and St. Basil's Cathedral...

(if you want to include Australia and Egypt, it's also between the Sydney Opera House and the Giza Necropolis)....

Architecture.

k.hunter30

There's quite a few options I would love to see from this poll. Israel would be great - considering it's such an important country to so many ethnic/religous demographics.

I also think Brazil would be a hit. There have been a lot of the brazilian all-you-can-eat-meat restaurants recently. And the culture there is very unique.

India would also be a great, and different country. The food, landmarks, music, etc. would be a wonderful addition.

While I'm VERY proud of my Irish heritage (go redheads!), part of Ireland already fits into the United Kingdom.

k.hunter30

But why?

It all comes down to this: It's not between Greece and Russia... this poll is between the Parthenon and St. Basil's Cathedral...

(if you want to include Australia and Egypt, it's also between the Sydney Opera House and the Giza Necropolis)....

Architecture.
I wonder then why India isn't higher up... its major "architecture" highlight is definitely one of the most famous in the world.

SirNim

I wonder then why India isn't higher up... it's major "architecture" highlight is definitely one of the most famous in the world.
India would have been a great fit for WS—had it not been for Anandapur... and Serka Zong... which have unfortunately usurped any chance that the Taj Mahal nation could become a viable candidate for WS.

tomman710

Greece would be perfect a ton of history almost the start of civilization, GREAT architecture and iconic buildings, ton of attraction ideas or rides based on the ancient titans or gods, and as a side bonus most of the Greek women I know are simply gorgeous ... so you know, there is that.

Lucky

Original Poster

But why?

Architecture.
One bit of trivia: those 2 leaders are the only Eastern Orthodox Christian nations out of the 10 choices.

NewfieFan

I picked Egypt only b/c son would like to see the pyramids and I don't have any future plans to travel to Egypt at the moment. Russia and Greece would make me just as happy to see.

And you're right it's all about the architecture! I would love to see Brasil (yes I spelled it with a "s") but I think it would be hard to represent a country like that. I've been to Brasil (Rio, Sao Paulo, & Recife), it's a very beautiful country but it doesn't have any architecture that would stand out. Unless you're going to recreate Sugarloaf Mountain...

Lucky

Original Poster
I wonder then why India isn't higher up... it's major "architecture" highlight is definitely one of the most famous in the world.
Even a scaled-down Taj Mahal pavilion with cheap modern materials would upstage all others in the WS. I wonder what it would cost to build.

k.hunter30

India would have been a great fit for WS—had it not been for Anandapur... and Serka Zong... which have unfortunately usurped any chance that the Taj Mahal nation could become a viable candidate for WS.
I don't see why... those are in a different park...:shrug:

DisneyBoozer

India!

I say India and Australia are my two I'd like to see most. Not only are they "far away" places that are very unique and culture-rich, there's a few other things that makes me thing these are good choices:

1. Both stable democracies (few political or moral issues representing the countries)
2. Both are friendly to America and Americans (which happens to be where Epcot and Disney execs. are located)
3. Both are spending lots of money to encourage tourism

From what I understand Disney has traditionally gone to the countries looking for money to sponsor these pavilions and they tend to look for stable, America-friendly places (I'm sure Iran and Venezuela are beautiful but I don't expect to see pavilions any time soon). Russia has had lots of political tension lately, though they certainly have a rich history and culture.

Of course if there were enough room I'd love to see ALL these places... but India would be a wonderful start! Imagine all the unique things they could stock the stores with... all the unique architecture... great food... a very respectful and friendly culture... and certainly a large enough population to find people to staff the pavilion!

Silvermist

Egypt - Fascinating ancient culture and architecture
The Nile, Alexandria, Thebes, Sphinx, mummies, tombs...
maybe a small museum with exhibits on loan from The Cairo museum.

A ride... :lookaroun

Close second for me would be Greece. Either one would be a great addition.

jt04

I don't see why... those are in a different park...:shrug:

Because India is already represented at WDW and people want a variety of cultures and environments represented. Please don't be so narrow-minded! There is limited space at WS for new countries.

500 posts! Finally I qualify for the commemorative coin :lol: :lookaroun

Retired for the fiscal year, see you next year...

Goodnight everybody!:snore:

Lucky

Original Poster
Because India is already represented at WDW and people want a variety of cultures and environments represented. Please don't be so narrow-minded! There is limited space at WS for new countries.

500 posts and $14.99 will get you a plate of Pad Thai at the new WS pavilion.

Fun2BFree

Please not Ireland. We're too similar to the UK anyway, and Raglan Road reminds me enough of home.

Now, Egypt would be a welcome change of pace in WS. :)

k.hunter30

Um... :lookaroun... "narrow-minded" :lol: Dude - where are you coming from?

Anyways, taking your logic, India would still be a great bet. The "India" lands/rides in AK are fictional. So let the guests see the real thing! ;)

Fun2BFree

Uh, sorry to spoil your celebrations.... but your post count still reads 499. :lookaroun

Reply to this and you can minimize the embarrassment. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom