New country pavilion at Epcot?

which country would you most like to see added to the WS?

• Australia

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Egypt

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Greece

Votes: 42 21.9%
  • India

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Ireland

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Russia

Votes: 30 15.6%
  • Thailand

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimboJones123

I think if they do just add one country, it could cause a problem. 3 in 3 years would be a great plan. '09, '10, '11!

I vote Greece, Egypt, Russia. In that order. We need representation from two of the oldest and greatest civilizations on earth.

Lucky

Original Poster
I see your 500 posts...

and I raise you 5000 posts! :lol: ;)

(boo-yah! :D )
Wow, congratulations on 5000 posts. I'll buy you a vodka and vodka, with a vodka chaser, when the Russia pavilion opens on June 28 2012, on the 250th anniversary of Catherine the Great's coronation.

bigtotoro

1. Israel - Seeing as how 1/5 to 1/4 of the population of the Earth opposes Israel's right to exist, could be bad.

2. Brazil - With all the listed issues with Brazilian tour groups, do we want to encourage more of them to visit?

3. Australia is a great idea, for Animal Kingdom. Too big for such a small space.

4. India...hmm...I love Indian food and the Taj Mahal would be striking provided it had enough space. My only fear is that they go bland with the food to appeal to a larger audience. They have a history of doing that (I am looking at YOU Morocco, Mexico, and China!).

5. Greece - ... is an interesting idea, no shortage of material. Also, my father in law is an ancient history expert so there might be a fair chance of him doing consultant work. This brings me one degree of seperation closer to the inner circle...which is good. Of course, if you do Greece you have to build Turkey next door just to watch them annoy each other. They really, REALLY have a mutual hatred. Pretty funny to watch them, sometimes.

6. Thailand - No. Neat architechture, great food. But the food would be blandanized (I made up a word) and I don't see the pavillion doing that well.

7. Russia - Boy, I can't wait for that great Russian food. Oh wait, I can. Definitely interesting architechture, but no. And this would be the place where drink-around-the-world'ers go to die.

8. Ireland - ...and if they survive there, Ireland finishes them off.

9. Spain - Hmm...excellent food, good wine...only bad thing I can think of is this: Do you really think a majority of park goer's (the ones you read about in the rude threads) would really know the difference between Mexico and Spain?

10. Egypt - Would definitely be the easy choice. Getting approval to build replicas of Egpytian landmarks could be tricky (the Egyptian antiquity council are real jerks about this) but I'm sure enough $ could make that go away. Could be an easy thrill ride except for the fact that The Mummy is already at Universal. Food is...well...unknown to most...could be a negative. It has the ancient history angle, which is good for me maybe. Potential for trouble is higher as this is still a contested area in the Islamic world. Egypt is mostly at peace right now but that could ignite at any minute. I'd have to say not NOW, maybe later.

I gotta say that Greece would be my pick. It has built in character affiliation (Hercules, Meg, Hades), decent food that can be made palatable for the masses, no shortage of culture, not interesting enough for a larger exhibit elsewhere (to most people), and any number of easy rides, attractions, exhibits, or restaurants.

princessmommy

Egypt would be a good choice, but I plumped for Greece as it would be thematically very different to all the other pavilions - and you could have a Herc/Meg/Hades meet n greet! ;)
Great point about the characters!! I am changing my vote!!!!!
I think the Animal kingdom needs Austrailia, with Kangaroos, and wombats, and the whole nine yards.

DisneyMusician2

Greece would probably be the best from a Disney perspective, but I really think that Egypt would be the most interesting.

Brazil would be fun, more Three Caballeros for me! I'm one of the few proud fans left on THAT one....:king:

SnowFire

Wow. Too many good choices. I'd like to see almost all of them.
...but since I have to pick one, I think I'll go with Greece first.

Silvermist

5. Greece - ... is an interesting idea, no shortage of material. Also, my father in law is an ancient history expert so there might be a fair chance of him doing consultant work. This brings me one degree of seperation closer to the inner circle...which is good. Of course, if you do Greece you have to build Turkey next door just to watch them annoy each other.

:eek: :ROFLOL:

Greenlawler

I voted Greece but Ireland would be great too, so would Russia, come to think of it somewhere for the Scots would be nice other than the British pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom