New country pavilion at Epcot?

which country would you most like to see added to the WS?

• Australia

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Egypt

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Greece

Votes: 42 21.9%
  • India

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Ireland

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Russia

Votes: 30 15.6%
  • Thailand

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky

Original Poster
Your chance to vote for a country you'd like to see added to the World Showcase at Epcot. The options were taken from suggestions and rumors in a related thread.

hoppypooh

I think it would be particularly poignant to have Russia - show how far relations have come since the Cold War/Epcot opening era.

col

i think its gunna be spain (thats why i voted for it lol) and its going to be where the outpost is

PeaJay18

Egypt would be a good choice, but I plumped for Greece as it would be thematically very different to all the other pavilions - and you could have a Herc/Meg/Hades meet n greet! ;)

My first choice would be Greece because of the awesome history, architecture and culture. Second would be Russia because I believe it also has a Cyrillic Alphabet based Language that's missing in EPCOT's lineup. The nation that's a no-brainer but missing from WS is INDIA. With a massive population, unique culture and history, and growing economy it should be represented. I realize that it's a choice, but I have the view that it's a no-brainer so I went with Greece as the nation I would like to see most. The real desire would be the addition of a couple of nations to WS!

phenom1307

ok well i picked israel...and right after i was like why the heck did i pick that, all that would do would create bad tensions between israeles(sp?) and the extremeist muslims

BiggerTigger

There are some interesting choices. I thought about how Greece would add some great areas, Russia would be interesting, but I choose Ireland (home of my ancestory). Plus and Irish accent makes me weak in the knees. :lookaroun

Lucky

Original Poster
The Greek pavilion could be a replica of the Parthenon. Not that hard to build: there's already one a few blocks from Vanderbilt University.

Egypt could do the Sphinx instead of a pyramid, to differentiate itself from Mexico. But it might be harder to fit a restaurant and gift shops inside a Sphinx. Maybe just skip the restaurant: is Egyptian food really much different from Moroccan?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom