Ireland or Scotland
Spain or Portugal
Finland or Sweden
Greece
India
Australia
Iceland ( couldn't that be used for a FROZEN exhibit of some sort?):inlove:
Antarctica ( bring on the penguins!);)
Africa ( time to turn that area into a real country/continent, not just a walk through "market"):angelic: ( any country not in turmoil)
Any South American country ( not in turmoil)
Russia ( perhaps)
any Arab country (not in turmoil)
I guess what I'm trying to say is just about any country would be nice.:p

Pocahontas

Scotland!!!! Ireland too! I love the idea of Russia. Just seeing those colorful cone roof's (not sure what else to call them) from Future World would be really cool.

I feel Greece is to much like Morocco and Spain to much like Mexico. Please don't yell and curse at me, I know they are different countries. I just feel the vibes are similar. I could be wrong I've never been to any of them. It's just my opinion. :rolleyes:
Scotland is technically already there. There is a UK pavilion - the UK includes England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. They killed 4 birds with one stone.

Zipadeelady

Scotland is technically already there. There is a UK pavilion - the UK includes England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. They killed 4 birds with one stone.
I understand what your saying but I don't see much Scotland there. I want grumpy old men in Kilt's selling bagpipes :p Technically I guess your right but I'm going to disagree :D

Now that I think about it. I haven't been in the shops in the UK :eek: Maybe there is more Ireland and Scotland covered than I thought.

I will have to say though I still like the idea of Russia and someone mentioned Jamaica. I like that too!!

Last edited:

KCheatle

Okay, don't hate me for this, but I'd like to see a country in between China and Germany - I think Russia would be amazing.

But, otherwise, I'd like to see some rides go into the world showcase for the countries already there instead of new countries. I'd like to see Italy expand into the area between Germany and Italy with an e-ticket ride of some sort. Truthfully, it they could have a "do-over" I think it would have been really cool for Soarin to be in that location with a ride over Italy. It is such a beautiful and diverse country.

I'd also like to see a ride in between Morocco and France. Again, in retrospect, that would have been a much more appropriate location for the flying carpet ride (assuming we needed that ride at all...). It would have put a spinny ride in another park instead of 2 at MK, and "flying carpets" are a part of Moroccan culture. My only hesitation there is that I would prefer for hte rides to be a classy reflection on teh culture, and not a comic-version.

And, I would still love for the train coaster to go in Japan. Maybe now that Kodak's out, those plans can come back to life-doubt it - but who knows...

Worldlover71

Either Brazil or Argentina are desperately needed to represent South America

There is already a lot of Europe but the culture and architecture of Greece make it distinct enough and would make it a great fit

Since Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia are represented well at AK, I'll go with Russia for my 3rd choice just to see the beautiful onion domes

(I would love to see Australia but in AK not Epcot)

Pocahontas

I understand what your saying but I don't see much Scotland there. I want grumpy old men in Kilt's selling bagpipes :p Technically I guess your right but I'm going to disagree :D

Now that I think about it. I haven't been in the shops in the UK :eek: Maybe there is more Ireland and Scotland covered than I thought.

I will have to say though I still like the idea of Russia and someone mentioned Jamaica. I like that too!!
I understand :) Wasn't trying to be rude or anything, sorry if it seemed that way. I agree, it's most English influenced.

aladdin2007

I think a full fledged Ireland pavilion would bring in a lot of people and profit, and they have a pretty large tourism board. The dining alone would be a huge profit, plus a good attraction, and merch etc. I've always said Disney is missing the boat on this one in particular, even with the general UK pavilion already there. But Ireland could be big. We wont see it happen anyway, its all about magic bands and mall-izing the place now.

NYBaloo

Care to elaborate?
Well, let me see what the ride might be.... I'm standing in line with my husband and the Russian police come and whisk me off on a fun filled trip to brutality and isolation in the most dire of prison camps...just because of who I love! Just think of what the Imagineers could do with that! I know, a little heavy on the sarcasm, sorry!

Mukta

Well, let me see what the ride might be.... I'm standing in line with my husband and the Russian police come and whisk me off on a fun filled trip to brutality and isolation in the most dire of prison camps...just because of who I love! Just think of what the Imagineers could do with that! I know, a little heavy on the sarcasm, sorry!
I totally understand. I think Russia has a lot of great architecture and a fascinating history, but their current policies on equality are frightening.

Maelstrom Troll

Definitely would like to see Ireland, Greece, Egypt, and Switzerland. No Brazil though, it would be a Mecca for all singing tour groups. Imagine them all concentrated in one spot.... But maybe that would be a good thing to clear out the park!

Jenna

I think a full fledged Ireland pavilion would bring in a lot of people and profit, and they have a pretty large tourism board. The dining alone would be a huge profit, plus a good attraction, and merch etc. I've always said Disney is missing the boat on this one in particular, even with the general UK pavilion already there. But Ireland could be big. We wont see it happen anyway, its all about magic bands and mall-izing the place now.

They could have an Ireland pavilion, it's not represented in the UK pavilion...Northern Ireland is.

I'd like to see Australia, Peru and Egypt added. Would be amazing to see Uluru, the Inca trail and the pyramids :D

Oriolesmagic

worldshowcase_sites.gif

1: Create some sort of Frozen meet and greet where the Viking ship used to be. Nothing much more needs to be done in that area.

2 and 3: This would obviously be the ideal area for expansion and I think Brazil is the perfect fit for the area. With that said, Brazil is in a fair amount of turmoil right now over spending too much money on the World Cup and the Olympics. So while this may be the perfect time for Disney to get Brazil involved, it may not be the perfect time for Brazil to get involved with Disney. A Brazilian steakhouse and a Rainforest roller coaster (A smaller version of what was originally planned for Future World?) would do wonders for the World Showcase. Ergo, I can only hope that Brazil is given some serious consideration in the future.

4: Three words, Rhine River Cruise. Germany's original attraction that was axed would be a wonderful addition to a pavilion that already has everything but a ride.

5: Don't really have many ideas for this area. Probably too small to have a country here but an attraction for Japan is always a possibility. I don't think the Mt. Fuji roller coaster is really even a possibility anymore with Expedition Everest just a short drive away. What about the Bullet Train idea that was considered for a while?

6: Copying the Ratatouille attraction from Disneyland Paris makes a lot of sense and would make an already popular pavilion the clear-cut powerhouse of the Showcase.

7 and 8: These are both really large areas to work with and either one would be an awesome place for Russia's pavilion to call home. A scaled-down version of Saint Basil's Cathedral would add another gorgeous focal point to the Showcase and would provide a chance for EPCOT visitors to catch a glimpse at Russia's beautiful, unique culture.

What do you guys think? Obviously, this is all blue sky imagining and, financially, it's probably not feasible, at least not all at the same time. Regardless, I think this would be the perfect way for the World Showcase to expand.

steamboatjosh

Australia, Egypt, Jamaica, Peru, and Cambodia would be amazing additions, imo. They would all offer many different new things to WS. In Peru, they could have an Emperor's New Groove tie-in somehow (ride would be awesome :)).​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom