New countries at Epcot?!

mf1972

WOW! I'm sorry but that's an extremely ignorant post.

Brazil is nothing like Argentina that is nothing like Chile, that is nothing like Colombia, etc.

Wow just wow...I'm sorry, you don't know what you are talking about.

it's a small world after all

Pocahontas

Does anybody know what specific country Aladdin actually took place in? It's obviously an Arabic Middle Eastern country, but there are still lots of possibilities. I always thought Saudi Arabia, but I guess it was never said.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does anybody know what specific country Aladdin actually took place in? It's obviously an Arabic Middle Eastern country, but there are still lots of possibilities. I always thought Saudi Arabia, but I guess it was never said.
It is never said in the movie, but considering the story comes from Arabian Nights (Tales of 1001 Nights), I would say it's fair to assume Arabia. However, the costume designs are more Turkish in nature.

ToyStoryMiss

Hmm..this is difficult to choose only 3, but I'd probably pick..
Vietnam
Greece (I'd love to see something about the Greek Gods there!)
and Spain.
I was going to pick Brazil, but I think it'd be better suited in AK. Any South American country. would be, really.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I'm sorry for breaking the unwritten rule that all posters must post their 3 country choices.

1. Again, Greece would be nice, but it is too much like Italy. I know, Hercules M&G herp derp, but c'mon
Having been to both countries I hate to say but your completely wrong on them both being similar while the atmosphere and weather is the same they have a completely different feel and look:
_59167089_italy-venice-getty.jpg

Italy is very majestic and old feeling

While Greece has maintain somewhat of a lively atmosphere.
JMK_01.jpg

While the Greeks influenced Italy we have to remember that Italy followed the western periods and styles while Greece followed the eastern. In fact some areas of Greece remind me more of Israel.

Atlantis/Camelot/etc would be kinda cool as a small pavilion examining the idea of mythology and legends, which is something about each country that is left out.

rct247

World Showcase: Mexico, Norway, China, Russia, Germany, Italy, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, Greece, France, United Kingdom, Canada
--Other Runners Up: Brazil & India

Disney's Animal Kingdom: The Oasis, Discovery Island, South America, Africa (featuring Harambe), Australia, Asia (featuring Anadapour & Serka Zong), North America (featuring Dinoland USA)

jbeechuk

image.jpg
North Korea would be eye-opening. Many people have no idea of what goes on in this country. The EPCOT version would have a huge statue of Kim Jong-Un. North Korean CMs would only let you take pictures of the statue, nothing else. The country itself would be a mini version of Pyongyang. A parade everyday with marching soldiers and nuclear missiles being shown off. At night, the power would dim, as they barely can keep their lights on. All the way in the back, would be a mini-labor camp....you know...like the ones NK says does not exist? The food served would be corn and cabbage only. Enjoy beautiful North Korea!

Last edited:

mf1972

View attachment 44857 North Korea would be eye-opening. Many people have no idea of what goes on in this country. The EPCOT version would have a huge statue of Kim Jong-Un. North Korean CMs would only let you take pictures of the statue, nothing else. The country itself would be a mini version of Pyongyang. A parade everyday with marching soldiers and nuclear missiles being shown off. At night, the power would dim, as they barely can keep their lights on. All the way in the back, would be a mini-labor camp....you know...like the ones NK says does not exist? The food served would be corn and cabbage only. Enjoy beautiful North Korea!

I would think the gift shops would've different too. they'll demand that you give them things instead of buying things.

jbeechuk

Maybe even better, have both North and South Korea....right next to each other. We could even have a DMZ between them. With guards staring at each other....lol.

jw24

Greece, Egypt, India would be my top three because those three stand out with its history, culture and architecture. Other than that, I'll throw in the Netherlands because of the wind mills, art and well, who doesn't like more beer?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
An Irish pavillion would be great, fighting, drunken singing and stew,
Yep, Brazil, which speaks Portuguese, is the same as Argentina, which speaks Spanish, which is the same as French Guiana.

So what you are saying the differentiator is the language imposed by the colonial power that conquered the region? But lets be honest who cares, most folk wouldnt know if you handed them a globe and a map.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
View attachment 44857 North Korea would be eye-opening. Many people have no idea of what goes on in this country. The EPCOT version would have a huge statue of Kim Jong-Un. North Korean CMs would only let you take pictures of the statue, nothing else. The country itself would be a mini version of Pyongyang. A parade everyday with marching soldiers and nuclear missiles being shown off. At night, the power would dim, as they barely can keep their lights on. All the way in the back, would be a mini-labor camp....you know...like the ones NK says does not exist? The food served would be corn and cabbage only. Enjoy beautiful North Korea!

This could be good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom