New Characters?

Gorjus

(on a separate note) I'd like to say I was correct in posting (before) that Giselle is starting sets. They recently did a test, and I am almost very certain she will be doing the sets in the blue dress she made from the curtains in the movie.

I have heard she will be starting sets soon, but I heard the white dress so as usual with anything, when guests see it, it is happening.

Gorjus

Maybe she'll be out for the P&P party???

Well first, having seen the movie,

***spoiler warning***

she isn't a princess and won't ever be a princess any time soon. But that doesn't stop us from putting Belle out. Although Belle would be a princess if the Beast would ask her to marry him.

***end spoiler warning***

Rumor has it Giselle is headed to the Studios...so I hear. If I had to put her somewhere, I'd put her on New York Street. And apparently Giselle is losing friends left and right for various wonderful life events. So Giselle may need to seek out new friends to assist her in her duties.

drew81

Well first, having seen the movie,

***spoiler warning***

she isn't a princess and won't ever be a princess any time soon. But that doesn't stop us from putting Belle out. Although Belle would be a princess if the Beast would ask her to marry him.

***end spoiler warning***

Rumor has it Giselle is headed to the Studios...so I hear. If I had to put her somewhere, I'd put her on New York Street. And apparently Giselle is losing friends left and right for various wonderful life events. So Giselle may need to seek out new friends to assist her in her duties.

I just meant that they have some rare characters out for the parties and that it would be cool to see her added to the lineup because she is so popular. I think Giselle would fit in fine at the Studios.....I hope she does come out for M&G's

My dream would be to have a night or series of nights at MK devoted to bringing out the rarer characters. It will never happen, but I can dream...

GiveMeTheMusic

The special event parties all ready do this to an extent. The Walrus and the villains like Maleficent at MNSSHP, Scrooge, Abu & the Country Bears at MVMCP, and Flounder & Sebastian at P&P.

col

wilbur, louis and other meet the robinsons characters would be nice to see around the parks like in tomorrowland in MK or in epcot.

other characters like tarzan, quazi and others around the parks would be great.

drew81

The special event parties all ready do this to an extent. The Walrus and the villains like Maleficent at MNSSHP, Scrooge, Abu & the Country Bears at MVMCP, and Flounder & Sebastian at P&P.

Yes they do appear at the parties but a few years ago(2003-2004) there used to be many rare and different characters out and slowly they have taken them out. I remember when MNSSHP had Goliath Gargoyle, Thumper, Stromboli, Darkwing Duck, Quasimodo, Phoebus, Esmereda, Gaston, Snow Hag, Pain, Panic and the Big Bad Wolf. Now they just have the same characters year after year.

drew81

wilbur, louis and other meet the robinsons characters would be nice to see around the parks like in tomorrowland in MK or in epcot.

other characters like tarzan, quazi and others around the parks would be great.

Lewis, Wilbur and Bowler Hat Guy were out for several months during the movie release. They appeared at Animation at the Studios.

kathleena

I love seeing Suzy and Perla, especially when I'm at the MNSSHP in my Fairy Godmother costume (I bear a very strong resemblance....so perfect for me). Late in Oct I found them at the dance party around 11:30pm. I love it when they get all excited to see me...........so thank you friends of Suzy and Perla for making me smile!

But I would love to see Gus and Jaq too.

Lady Tremaine and the girls weren't to be found at the party, but Cinderella and the Prince asked me if I saw them during the day and if they recognized me. I told them no and the Prince said - you must have been in disguise then? :lol: Yes in my shorts and t-shirt! :lol:

I love characters! They are so much fun!

Anyway - I too have seen the Walrus the last two years at MNSSHP along the treat trail between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

There was also a dead woman in front of the Haunted Mansion, sitting on a bench, talking with the guests in line. She was hysterical. OK, so not a character per se, but still a lot of fun.

Mary Poppins can be found in the UK in Epcot.

Yes they do appear at the parties but a few years ago(2003-2004) there used to be many rare and different characters out and slowly they have taken them out. I remember when MNSSHP had Goliath Gargoyle, Thumper, Stromboli, Darkwing Duck, Quasimodo, Phoebus, Esmereda, Gaston, Snow Hag, Pain, Panic and the Big Bad Wolf. Now they just have the same characters year after year.

I kind of scheduled my last WDW vacation so that I could attend MNSSHP, expecting to see the rare characters. I was very surprised by the lack of variety. Someone mentioned bringing out Oswald...while the whole idea probably will never happen...if they bring out a character from the mid-1920s whom only diehard Disney fans would recognize, why not characters from the 90s?

Gorjus

Lady Tremaine and the girls weren't to be found at the party, but Cinderella and the Prince asked me if I saw them during the day and if they recognized me. I told them no and the Prince said - you must have been in disguise then? :lol: Yes in my shorts and t-shirt! :lol:

Actually, this year they were out. They started off with a set in Belle's Fairytale garden. The next set would be wandering all over Fantasyland. Then they would go back to the Fairytale garden again for a few more sets.

Funny story: Lady Tremaine showed up at Cinderella's coach and asked if they could take some photos there. They basically wanted to cut the line and cause trouble. I told them since they owned the pumpkins, why not. At some point Lady Tremaine's friend feared retribution and decided against it. Characters are the most fun when given a bit of roaming leeway.

Snow White occaisionally tries to create magic moments rather than meet and greets. Rather than have everyone wait in line for 20 minutes and spend 2 minutes with her, she will skip the meet and greet and invite all the children to watch the fireworks with her. So they can spend 20 minutes with her. Parents won't allow it. They try to clear everyone out so it is just a photo of their kid and Snow White. I've seen her try to get a bunch of kids to watch the family fun day parade with her from the top of the train station...again, parents don't want magical times with the characters, just a couple of seconds to take a photo....SAD.

drew81

Actually, this year they were out. They started off with a set in Belle's Fairytale garden. The next set would be wandering all over Fantasyland. Then they would go back to the Fairytale garden again for a few more sets.

Funny story: Lady Tremaine showed up at Cinderella's coach and asked if they could take some photos there. They basically wanted to cut the line and cause trouble. I told them since they owned the pumpkins, why not. At some point Lady Tremaine's friend feared retribution and decided against it. Characters are the most fun when given a bit of roaming leeway.

Snow White occaisionally tries to create magic moments rather than meet and greets. Rather than have everyone wait in line for 20 minutes and spend 2 minutes with her, she will skip the meet and greet and invite all the children to watch the fireworks with her. So they can spend 20 minutes with her. Parents won't allow it. They try to clear everyone out so it is just a photo of their kid and Snow White. I've seen her try to get a bunch of kids to watch the family fun day parade with her from the top of the train station...again, parents don't want magical times with the characters, just a couple of seconds to take a photo....SAD.

That's nice of Snow White to do that but that's sad about guests not wanting magical experiences with the characters. That's one of the main reasons I go to WDW.

drew81

I kind of scheduled my last WDW vacation so that I could attend MNSSHP, expecting to see the rare characters. I was very surprised by the lack of variety. Someone mentioned bringing out Oswald...while the whole idea probably will never happen...if they bring out a character from the mid-1920s whom only diehard Disney fans would recognize, why not characters from the 90s?

Nothing has been anounced or said by Disney about Oswald coming to WDW. I think it was more speculative and rumors that it would be nice if he did come to the parks. I hope he does but I think it will be a couple of more years down the road, but who knows?

mousefan1972

I know these 2 aren't "new", by any means, but in many trips to WDW we had never seen them out and about. So we stopped for a pic last Thursday. There line was short, only one family ahead of us, whereas the line for the "fab 5" were each a mile long.... :rolleyes:

And Horace and Clarabelle were great with the kids!

DisneyChristmas07164.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom