New Characters in the parks?

DisneyTrip2004

Tinkerbell

I heard from a cast member that Tinkerbell will be in Tokyo Disney and if it works out they will have her here in WDW!

disneymoc

VillainFan said:
Launchpad McQuack has been coming out a lot lately. My brother and I spent 2 weeks chasing him down and went to Guest Relations every day asking where he would be and when. Maybe they thought a lot of different people were looking for him so brought him out more often. Hehe.
When my wife and I went in December, Launchpad was in front of AK gates when we arrived in the morning. Not many people we around him. I went up to him and said something liek "Hey Launchpad." The handler said I was the first person that week that actually knew who he was. Am i showing my age?:lookaroun

arizonacolbys

While it's not a rule, four-legged chracters are generally not made into costumed characters. The most prominent exceptions are Pluto and Eeyore, although there are a handful of others, most of which appear very infrequently.

Peter
I've noticed that, too. Bullseye from Toy Story is the most recent 4-legged character. He's great to meet - I think if they can have Bullseye successfully, maybe they should reconsider & add more 4-legged characters. Probably just wishful thinking...:) <!-- / message -->

MartyMouse

tigsmom said:
We saw Launchpad in Exposition Hall about 2 years ago. Nobody was by him & nobody knew who he was. How sad.

That’s the point I was making in the first place.

Disney forgets characters like Darkwing and Launchpad, and it bothers me. Darkwing launched a little after the Batman cartoons and to this day the legacy of those cartoons still live in Teen Titans and Justice League, but after two years Disney put an end to DW and after five years they put an end to that whole “Duck World” created by Duck Tales, sure they re-run the heck out of them, but in a post-Pokemon world Disney has nothing (unless you count Digimon on ABC Family). To make matters worse Disney has no trace of the characters in any show or attraction, just a few nameless ducks walking the park looking for someone who may remember them from years gone by.

I say YES bring back the characters to the parks but give them an identity and a presence.

Villain_70

arizonacolbys said:
I'd really LOVE to see Pumba! Simba would be cool, too. Never really understood why just Timon & Rafiki, but none of the Lions. Bagheera from Jungle Book would be great, too & what about Rex from Toy Story? There are so many cool characters they could bring out that they don't already have. :)

We saw Piglet in ToonTown....they say they don't do characters that walk on fours....but Eeyore and Pluto are out....that just confuses me....My son would love Dumbo...or even Timothy.....They should have the characters out by their rides in Fantasyland....set up an area near the ride for a meetn'greet...

aimster

I saw Jiminy Cricket with all the other Pinocchio characters (except Stromboli) in Italy at Epcot this past Sunday. Then outside the Imagination pavillion I saw the cat from Pinocchio, a penguin from Mary Poppins, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Chip & Dale, Minnie, Mickey, King Louie & The White Rabbit.

I only got pics with Tigger (my FAVE) and Jiminy (to make my mom jealous) though. But I got hugs from Pooh and Pinocchio. Was kinda disappointed I didn't see Pluto or Goofy (my 2nd fave) though. Maybe next time.

Raven66

Cynderella said:
I have a picture from about 9 or 10 years ago of me and my brother w/ Robin Hood. I dont think Ive seen him since which is a shame cause that is one of my favorite movies.

We got a picture of Robin Hood with my daughter from 2 years ago. We didn't see him this time around tho.

WDWEric

Kim Possible and Lizzie....Are you serious, I like seeing the classic character, Mickey,Donald,Pluto,Goofy Pooh and others. Now they are going to have to many characters, Stick with the Movies when it comes to characters.

All Star Nathan

Just got back from Tokyo Disney. There are rare characters everywhere. Jiminey opened the park. The first time I had ever seen him. Huey Dewey and Luey are in a parade and have their own float. Horace Horsecollar and Clarabell Cow also make it into the 3pm parade. I saw the Fairy Godmother with mask. I thought that she was always a face character. Jose and Panchito are everywhere. Both parks and in the parades. They also have done a really good job with the new MSEP now know as TDL Electrical Parade "Dreamlights."

Number_6

What made me happy when I went down in June looking at houses, was that I went over to MK and finally caught up with Alice. I had tried to catch her the two previous trips because I was wearing my Matrix:Reloaded shirt that says "How Far Down Does the Rabbit Hole Go?" and thought that would be cool. I did get a picture with that shirt on with the White Rabbit, but I didn't have it when I saw Alice. I was just happy to find her. She would always be off getting ready for the "Share A Dream Come True" parade when I looked for her before.

dixiegirl

oh i'd love to see jimimy cricket, he's one of my favs.. i love seeing him at the end of spectromagic just sitting there, its so hard to find anything with him on it just him, i'm has anyone seen a plush jimminy in disney? i'm hoping to get one this year.? :sohappy:

krzy4dzny

My daughters would love to see Rufus. Maybe a meet and greet near the real Naked Mole Rats on the Pangani Forest Exploration trail with the "Naked Mole Rap" playing during appearances.

DaleFan85

A while back, maybe like 6 years ago, I e-mailed Disney World saying how I've been to Disney World a lot but never got all 7 of the dwarfs pictures or autographs. I said that it was nice to see them in the parade, but it would be cool to meet them. Also that Snow White and Dopey are great to see in the parks, but all 7 should be out. Disney wrote a letter, not an e-mail to me, responding that they would take my advice because others have had the same request. Also in this letter they sent me a picture of all 7 dwarfs with their autographs on it. They said here's their autographs for now, but look for all the dwarfs on your next visit. The next time i went to Disney all 7 were always out together. I thought that was cool

DisneyFratboy said:
as an entertainment cast member myself, I can say that Magic Kingdom is testing out the characters. Chip and Dale have been seen lately in their "rescue ranger" cloths, and look adorable.

Darkwing duck has been returned and will be out in the park as staffing allows, the rescuers have or are going to start doing sets within a few days. Stromboli will be seen more. Clarabelle cow might be returning to the park, the locations for all of these characters can change daily. but we're trying to get more characters in the park than ever before

I can't wait to see those characters, along with all the other old characters that they've been bringing back and/or are probably planning to bring back.

I'm also looking forward to meeting the "Oliver and Company" and "Great Mouse Detective" characters, who are also coming back soon (as NightAaron already stated in a previous reply). However, I did get to meet Ratigan at the Magic Kingdom's "This is Love" event this past February.

Kim possible and Ron stoppable should begin doing sets within a few weeks at the Disney-mgm studios

When exactly? It's about time that Kim and Ron started making appearances in the parks. I can't wait to meet them.

Tigsmom already stated in a previous post that she was told that Lizzie McGuire (the "Toon Lizzie", I suppose--it'd make more sense) is also coming to the Studios soon.

In other character news and rumors, I've also heard from several Epcot CMs that Figment is going to start making appearances at the Imagination pavilion sometime soon--can't wait, hope to see Figgy soon!

A couple of character greeters have already told me that Mickey, Donald and Goofy are now making appearances at Epcot in their "Three Musketeers" attire to promote the upcoming direct-to-video movie. Don't know where, though.

DisneyFratboy, Princess Atta, if any of you are here, are there any more old characters are on their way back to the parks that you know of yet...or have they yet to tell you anymore?

I'm still very confident that at least some of the characters that are on my wishlist (which I posted in an earlier reply) will be next in line to come back from retirement.

P.S.: I'm also hoping that they'll get Tinker Bell for meet-and-greets in the U.S. parks soon.

Villain_70

disney_nutter said:
I would love to see more jim henson characters about in mgm, who knows maybe with this new disney and henson deal are dreams might come true

When MGM first opened an they Muppets were introduced, the trailers that are on Mickey Avenue, were over by Al's Toy Barn (that was not there) and the Muppets had a show on the stage there. After the show, Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit, Piggy, Bean Bunny, and a few others would come out of the trailers for pictures and before the movie was done, they moved the stage show into the theater and the Electric Mayheim played on stage. It was cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom