New Characters in the parks?

Mandabella

Senderella said:
I wish Disney Channel would start showing the old classics again. I'm still ticked they quit showing.. oh what was it? Ink & Paint Club? (late night black & white was on another channel wasn't it?) It's a shame kids can't grow up watching the old classics anymore. Sorry, but I'm not thrilled about constant Lizzie McGuire & Thats so Raven & all of the other shows constantly shown. I don't get why they took it off their late night line up and show the tweenie shows instead. Adults love Disney too! :fork: :fork:

That's right! Adults love Disney too, we were fans long before the current tweens were born!! And as my mom likes to point out to me, she was a fan back in the 1950s watching the original Mickey Mouse Club with her mousears on before I was born. And then my grandmother was a child and huge of fan of Snow White when it was released in the 1930s. Both my grandmother and I spend out honeymoons at WDW, her in 1976 and me in 2000. So as you can see us Disney fans span many decades!

I think what you are trying to remember was Vault Disney. They showed Zorro, Davy Crocket, Wonderful World of Color, MM Club, etc. I miss it. I used to get such a hoot out of the old shows, shows I've never seen since they were made prior to my birth. It's not this was on during the day. It was on late night, so it didn't interfere with the tween's shows.

I only watch the Disney Channel now to catch Lilo & Stitch: The Series. I love Stitch!
:goodnevil

Senderella

Mandabella said:
That's right! Adults love Disney too, we were fans long before the current tweens were born!! And as my mom likes to point out to me, she was a fan back in the 1950s watching the original Mickey Mouse Club with her mousears on before I was born. And then my grandmother was a child and huge of fan of Snow White when it was released in the 1930s. Both my grandmother and I spend out honeymoons at WDW, her in 1976 and me in 2000. So as you can see us Disney fans span many decades!

I think what you are trying to remember was Vault Disney. They showed Zorro, Davy Crocket, Wonderful World of Color, MM Club, etc. I miss it. I used to get such a hoot out of the old shows, shows I've never seen since they were made prior to my birth. It's not this was on during the day. It was on late night, so it didn't interfere with the tween's shows.

I only watch the Disney Channel now to catch Lilo & Stitch: The Series. I love Stitch!
:goodnevil

:) I'm glad someone agrees with me! Disney is many generations of fans! Isn't that the whole *idea* behind Disney?

Actually, Ink & Paint Club was a lot of the older cartoon shorts like Humphrey & Merry Melodies (unless it was Silly Symphonies... I cant keep them straight) and so many old cartoons. It was on about midnights one day a week if I remember correctly. This was only 3 yrs ago maybe? My dh & I were in our old house. There were 2 shows like that. Ink & Paint club and Late Night Black & White. I believe LNBW was on Cartoon Network? Same idea as I&PC. Vault Disney-like but cartoons only.

Get this.... 1:00am... Monday night.... Disney channel is showing Lilo & Stitch and Toon Disney is showin Garfield & Friends. Sorry, but what tweenie kid is up this late? I know it's summer break for most, but... cmon! LOL I really think Disney ought to start a NEW Disney channel (or at least devote the late night hours to this) that airs nothing but the REAL Disney cartoons (not the new cartoon series stuff) and all of the stuff they used to air when Disney channel first came out for adults & for the younger set to be exposed to the Classics. I was a young kid back then and I remember they had some good programming. Disney wasn't always about Tween Cartoon Series shows. I wish they'd go back to their roots somehow. It's a real shame Disney themselves are allowing the old classics to be forgotten.

Let's get back on topic, please.

With all this discussion of old characters returning to the parks, here's a lengthy list of old characters that I'd like to see in the parks for meet-and-greets again, in addition to the ones that they're already bringing back:

-Roger Rabbit (the most-requested and most-in-demand of all the characters that they currently don't have on hand at the parks, according to several trustworthy CMs)
-Brer Fox (with his rumored redesign)
-Maid Marian (with her rumored redesign)
-The 3 Little Pigs
-Big Bad Wolf
-Jaq & Gus-Gus (and maybe give them redesigns as well)
-Flora, Fauna & Merryweather
-Blue Fairy
-Mowgli
-All 7 of the 7 Dwarfs
-Jose Carioca
-Panchito
-Ludwig Von Drake
-Scrooge McDuck (not just at Halloween and Christmas)
-Horace Horsecollar (to compliment Clarabelle Cow, since Horace is Clarabelle's true love, NOT Goofy)
-Clara Cluck
-Peg-Leg Pete
-Flower (to compliment Thumper)
-The Walrus
-King Leonidas
-The Hunchback characters
-Hades
-Pain & Panic
-Shan-Yu
-Bo Peep
-Jim Hawkins
-B.E.N.
-The Jungle Book Monkeys
-The Gummi Bears
-Gadget
-Monterey Jack
-Fat Cat
-Kit Cloudkicker
-Don Karnage
-Bonkers
-Marsupilami

I can't think of any others right now.

Later.

PhotoDave219

7 dwarves were out a week and a half ago and the Herc characters were out at the studios in the beginning of the summer during F&G time. (I think it was the same weekend as Family weekend at the F&G show, but im not 100% sure)

VillainFan

Launchpad McQuack has been coming out a lot lately. My brother and I spent 2 weeks chasing him down and went to Guest Relations every day asking where he would be and when. Maybe they thought a lot of different people were looking for him so brought him out more often. Hehe.

VillainFan

the last three summers I've gone, it's been the exact same guy playing Hercules at MGM. I wish they'd bring Megara out with him. And what I wouldn't give to meet Jiminy! Me and my brother are character hunters, and we don't waste any time when we see an older character!

VillainFan

Sorry for all these messages in a row!
<br>The Sheriff of Nottingham was out in Town Square, who I'd never seen before. Princess Aurora was in France, who *I* consider pretty rare. I do wish they'd bring out Gus from Cinderelly! "Duhhhh, Happy Birthday". Who else did I meet?.... J. Foulfellow at Epcot with the Characters on Holiday. Never seen him before this year. I think if there's a costume for a character, they should be out walking the park.
<br>Has anyone noticed that Piglet is getting more rare? He's not with Pooh, Eeyore & Tigger at the Character Tent in Toontown, nor is he with them at the Animal Kingdom. We found him and Pooh together at MGM. Sort of strange....

VillainFan

I just remembered some more! Several Mr. Penguins were out with Mary Poppins, which was adorable! However, one of the Mr. Penguins went down the line signing "Mr. Penguien" How embarassing!

VillainFan

rogerrabbitfan9 said:
Love to see DW. Army men would be so cool . I would think Stitch will be out for SGE .
The Army Men come out at MGM. They come in a green army van. They're hilarious. Yes, they do sign and eerything.

Mandabella

disneyphilip said:
Let's get back on topic, please.

With all this discussion of old characters returning to the parks, here's a lengthy list of old characters that I'd like to see in the parks for meet-and-greets again, in addition to the ones that they're already bringing back:

-Roger Rabbit (the most-requested and most-in-demand of all the characters that they currently don't have on hand at the parks, according to several trustworthy CMs)
-Brer Fox (with his rumored redesign)
-The 3 Little Pigs
-Big Bad Wolf
-Jaq & Gus-Gus (and maybe give them redesigns as well)

-Pain & Panic

Saw Brer Fox awhile back in the Animal Kingdom. I got pics of him and Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit.

Big Bad Wolf...saw him at MNSSHP. No pigs to be seen. Is he only around for Halloween?

Agreed on Jaq and Gus-Gus, I've never seen these two...love to see Gus-Gus!!

Would increasing Roger Rabbit's appearance increase Jessica Rabbit's appearances? ;-) I know my husband would love to get his picture with Jessica Rabbit! I've only seen Roger Rabbit once myself and that was in the parade at Disneyland.

Villain_70

I remember seeing Roger Rabbit all the time in 89 and the 90's. When the movie came out. He was all over. I have a lot of pictures on him. But you are right he is AWOL...NEVER saw Jessica.

Would love to more different characters....the villains need to be out more...not just for Halloween.....so many people like the villains...

Mandabella

Villain_70 said:
Would love to more different characters....the villains need to be out more...not just for Halloween.....so many people like the villains...

Agreed! I love the villains. Part of the reason I wanted to visit during Halloween was to see the villains.

After visiting Villains in Vogue, I was expressed my interest that there needs to be more Villains merchandise. The CM gave me a form to fill out, and I have noticed more merchandise lately. I wonder if voicing our opinions about the Villain characters...we could get the Villains out? After dark would be a great time for the Villains to come out!

Between shows, parades, and meet-n-greets I have seen:
Evil Queen/Witch
Maleficent
Cruella
Frollo
Stromboli
J. Worthington Foufellow
Jafar
Hades, Pain, and Panic
Captain Hook
Queen of Hearts
Ursula...not sure she counts. She seems like a disembodied puppet on the back of the Villain's float in the Share a Dream Come True Parade.

Has Lady Tremaine, Gaston, or Izma made appearances in the parks?

P.S. I'm typing this while wearing a black Disney Villains shirt. Ursula, Cruella, Maleficent, and the Evil Queen are on the front. On the back it says "We're not the girls next door!"

disneybuff100

Account Suspended
I'm sure that it's probably not going to happen, because if disney takes something away i'm affraid it's gone, like 20,00 wonderful leagues under the sea

Villain_70

Mandabella said:
After visiting Villains in Vogue, I was expressed my interest that there needs to be more Villains merchandise. The CM gave me a form to fill out, and I have noticed more merchandise lately. I wonder if voicing our opinions about the Villain characters...we could get the Villains out? After dark would be a great time for the Villains to come out![/I]

I only have seen T-Shirts...I really would like to see some new collectibles and not just pins. That is a great idea to have the villains at night...maybe an area near Fantasmic.....or even a House of Villains....

pppapazo

VillainFan said:
Sorry for all these messages in a row!
<br>The Sheriff of Nottingham was out in Town Square, who I'd never seen before. Princess Aurora was in France, who *I* consider pretty rare. I do wish they'd bring out Gus from Cinderelly! "Duhhhh, Happy Birthday". Who else did I meet?.... J. Foulfellow at Epcot with the Characters on Holiday. Never seen him before this year. I think if there's a costume for a character, they should be out walking the park.
<br>Has anyone noticed that Piglet is getting more rare? He's not with Pooh, Eeyore & Tigger at the Character Tent in Toontown, nor is he with them at the Animal Kingdom. We found him and Pooh together at MGM. Sort of strange....

Rare? That Piglet can be found at all in WDW is amazing. It used to be, in the early/mid-90's, you couldn't find him anywhere. Now, Rabbit, Kanga, Owl, etc. They're on my wish list.

Peter

fngoofy

Cynderella said:
I have a picture from about 9 or 10 years ago of me and my brother w/ Robin Hood. I dont think Ive seen him since which is a shame cause that is one of my favorite movies.

We were just down in May and got our pic taken with Robin and Tuck in MK main square.

disney_nutter

Last time i saw jimmeny cricket was last summer at epcot he was on the bus thing, but i would love to see more great mouse detective characters out as it is one of my favourite movies

arizonacolbys

Yes - Piglet is still at the Crystal Palace - we see him every trip. We've also seen him at AK with all the Pooh characters at a meet & greet.

I'd really LOVE to see Pumba! Simba would be cool, too. Never really understood why just Timon & Rafiki, but none of the Lions. Bagheera from Jungle Book would be great, too & what about Rex from Toy Story? There are so many cool characters they could bring out that they don't already have. :)

pppapazo

arizonacolbys said:
Yes - Piglet is still at the Crystal Palace - we see him every trip. We've also seen him at AK with all the Pooh characters at a meet & greet.

I'd really LOVE to see Pumba! Simba would be cool, too. Never really understood why just Timon & Rafiki, but none of the Lions. Bagheera from Jungle Book would be great, too & what about Rex from Toy Story? There are so many cool characters they could bring out that they don't already have. :)

While it's not a rule, four-legged chracters are generally not made into costumed characters. The most prominent exceptions are Pluto and Eeyore, although there are a handful of others, most of which appear very infrequently.

Peter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom