New Characters in the parks?

disney_nutter

DivineMadness7 said:
welcome to the boards, disneyfan0505!

You know who I'd like to see as a new meet-and-greet character...

Gonzo.... :lookaroun

Ok, so I KNOW it's not gonna happen, but a girl can dream, right? :hammer:

They have Kermit and Piggy....so why can't the little blue man get some love?

I would love to see more jim henson characters about in mgm, who knows maybe with this new disney and henson deal are dreams might come true

Nicole

tigsmom said:
Mean? How could you call that sweet man mean? I spent a long time talking to him and he is very charming. (or was he on his best behavior?) :wave:

He actually is usually very sweet - but this unexpected mean streak showed up right about the time I wanted to go collect character autographs! It was a shock, let me tell ya!

Atta83

NSCMC said:
He actually is usually very sweet - but this unexpected mean streak showed up right about the time I wanted to go collect character autographs! It was a shock, let me tell ya!

Must I have a talk with him...LOL All ages come for autographs and pics thats what makes it so fun.
Plus, you should of just said hi to the Friar. Nobody ever knows who he is ... :cry:

DisneyFratboy

Character Testings

as an entertainment cast member myself, I can say that Magic Kingdom is testing out the characters. Chip and Dale have been seen lately in their "rescue ranger" cloths, and look adorable.

Darkwing duck has been returned and will be out in the park as staffing allows, the rescuers have or are going to start doing sets within a few days. Stromboli will be seen more. Clarabelle cow might be returning to the park, the locations for all of these characters can change daily. but we're trying to get more characters in the park than ever before

Kim possible and Ron stoppable should begin doing sets within a few weeks at the Disney-mgm studios

Everyone at Disney Entertainment is extremely excited, we've still got plenty of surprises

Villain_70

We saw Mad Hatter this year and Sleeping Beauty. Never saw them during the time I have gone before.

There needs to be VILLAINS. It was great when they were out by the 20K area and when they were in the tent in Toontown. They had a line where the pooh friends line is now. There are so many cool villains they can have out. Or even a Villain Breakfast/Dinner.

Also, what about Gus and Jaq. How come they are never out. Who really remembers Pearl and Suzy. The fairy godmother wasn't out this year when I went down in June/July this year.

Villain_70

tigsmom said:
We saw Jafar the other week in the MK. This was only the second time we've run into him The other was at MGM a couple of years ago.

We saw Jafar too...but when we went to get in line the greeter with him said the line was too long and it was already closed.

We we went in 2002 I saw The Queen from SW, the hag, Jafar, Cruella, Frollo, Prince John, Ratcliff, and Queen of Hearts.

I would like to see, Hades, Headless Horseman, Ratigan, Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters, and Malificient.

Also, why is there no Dumbo and Timothy. Eeyore and Pluto are four legged Characters on 2 legs.

My son LOVES Dumbo......

Villain_70

tigsmom said:
Last year we saw the Queen of Hearts, Cruella & Gov. Ratcliff.

We were on line for Aladdin & Jasmine, but got shut out & ended up with Jafar & the Genie.

We saw Jasmine at a character Breakfast in Norway. There has been more characters in a duo setting. That is Great....

Yenfid

When I went in May I saw some not to offtenseen characters. I had my picture taken with Malificient, at MGM in front of the hat. I also saw Phil from Hercules, Mushu, and Frollo in MGM.

At Mk I saw the three good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty, but it was right after the parade. I also saw the Wicked Queen form Snow White in front of the closed ride, but she left and Snow appeared.

At Animal Kingdom I saw Tarzan walking around. I've never seen him walking around before. And then the two new Dino's in Dino-land.

At Epcot the Beast and Doc.

And my winning sighting Ariel as a human at MGM in 1993!

Nicole

Atta83 said:
Must I have a talk with him...LOL All ages come for autographs and pics thats what makes it so fun.
Plus, you should of just said hi to the Friar. Nobody ever knows who he is ... :cry:

People don't know Friar Tuck?? Robin Hood is my favorite Disney Movie. I can quote pretty much the whole thing.

My favorite line (one we use a lot) is "Seize the fat one!"

Atta83

NSCMC said:
People don't know Friar Tuck?? Robin Hood is my favorite Disney Movie. I can quote pretty much the whole thing.

My favorite line (one we use a lot) is "Seize the fat one!"

Its so sad.....

aimster

If I ever saw any characters from The Fox & the Hound at the parks I'd probably freak as that's my all-time fave Disney film.

I'd love to see Scat Cat and his band (from The Aristocats) out and about again. Been at least 20 years since they've been seen.

I'd personally love to meet Cruella and trade remarks with her. That would be quite amusing as I have as sharp a tongue as she can. :drevil:

I saw Cruella outside of Tony's last September (I have a really good picture of her holding my Stitch plushie. The sneer on her face is priceless! lol) I have pictures with Ariel as a human from when I got to go backstage after Voyage of the Little Mermaid a few years ago. I know they have Stitch in his Elvis outfit, since I've seen the pictures here on WDWMAGIC. I'd sacrifice a week in WDW to meet Stitch as Elvis!!

Night_Aaron

Being in Entertainment I've heard that they are (or are trying to) bringing out a lot of new/old characters. My friend was one of the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers awhile back. Darkwing and Little John have been out. Jiminy's not quite as rare as he used to be. Some others I heard that would be out (and I know I'm forgetting a bunch) are Oliver and Company characters and Great Mouse Detective. The characters are getting a new area for the costumes (I guess I'm allowed to say costumes now, Tigger's costume is all over the news :mad: ) and they'll also have an area only for costume repair so if we're down a King Louie they can replace him with someone else.

Hank Scorpio

I have to say, that with news of all the rehabs, new rides and improvements and now what looks like a fresh breed of characters into the parks (or a resurection of old ones) does anyone feel that Disney are really doubling the efforts to please the guests and boost attendance??

I feel that when Disney do something wrong, everyone is quick to complain but when they do something right, there is very little praise. So I am just saying a big thanks to whoever it is that is responsible and would just like to ask that you keep up the good work. It will all pay off in the end. ;)

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

drew81

I have visited 3 times this year. If they keep bringing new characters out, there will be a 4th trip. I'm so happy they are finally doing this. There is one that I really want to see. Most guests wouldn't recognize him though. I wish Mr. Walrus would come out. That would be awesome.

Senderella

I love the less popular characters.. I LOVE Humphrey & Audoban J Woodlore & Little John & Ludwig von Drake & Flora Fauna & Merriweathre & many more. I wish they still had that Villans character meal. More villans & not so popular characters! Especially Humphrey & Von Drake! I was disappointed when I was checking out the character meals that Donald can usually only be found at the AK one.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
*whistles*

dsc04425_std.jpg

dsc04426_std.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom