New "Caring for Giants" $30.00 Experience Debuts at Animal Kingdom on March 12 2017

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I wasn't remarking that your zoo seemed cheep, it seemed expensive. My zoo is $15 and we pay $150 for a full year of family membership, including two free guests per visit.

same here...for both general admission and a family membership.

Although in the winter, during the week they drop is down to 7 bucks I think.

Lets Respect

$30 per person seems like a lot for this, when you add up the cost for a whole family.

I could see if you had a kid (or an adult) who was really into elephants

rob0519

Yep, just another upcharge. How many people are included in the 60 minute tour? That may make a difference on the perceived value. Still, for WDW, $30 is not all that outrageous. Just buy a less expensive lunch for two days and it's covered.

GeneralZod

It's a truthful comment.
Were these all added to make up for the shortfall too?

"Backstage Magic- MK: Hollywood Studios:$243.89
Backstage Tales:$90
Behind the Seeds:$20
Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains:$52.19
Disney Family Culinary Adventure:$175
Disney's Family Magic Tour:$34
Dolphins In Depth- Living Seas-:$206.61
Dive Quest-Living Seas-:$186.38
Seas Aqua Tour:$149.10
Escape to Walt's Wilderness:$109
Family Magic Tour:$34.00
The Floral Experience:$50
Gardens of the World:$63.90
Holiday D-Lights Tour:$199.00
Keys to the Kingdom- Magic Kingdom:$78.81
Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience:$169
Sense of Africa:$249.99
Starlight Safari -:$70
Star Wars Tour:$129
The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience:$299
The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience:$299
The Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour:$199
The Undiscovered Future World:$58.58
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom:$35
Wanyama Safari:$170
Wild Africa Trek:$189
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour:$95.85
World Showcase DestiNations Discovered:$116.09
Yuletide Fantasy(Seasonal):$79.00

CaptainAmerica

Sounds like a new WDW slogan right there. Good job summarizing their new philosophy.
Smarty pants, it's called the laws of physics. You can't have a savanna uninterrupted by guest paths as well as guest paths that go through the savanna. It's one or the other. That's not a WDW operating philosophy, that's the nature of space-time.

larandtra

Another day another new idea from disney and another day of the typical ( and same worn out boring posters) whining about everything. Again, you must have some pretty miserable lives. Just go crawl in a hole, ignore Disney and dont go. Youd be doing all of us a favor. If you cant have constructive discussion and criticism more than "just another upcharge" or "making up for the shortfall" garbage than just dont post. You waste the rest of our time.

flyerjab

For what it is worth (counter balancing the more negative reviews), I think that the safari is quite possible the best E-Ticket WDW has going. It is a beautiful, ever-changing experience each time I ride it. And the people on rope bridges or whatever don't bother me in the slightest. I have also done the Wild Africa Trek and found it to be worth the money we paid for it (similarly, I also did one in MK that I thought was not worth the money we paid). The Africa Trek was an excellent experience.

We will most likely be doing this in March this year so hopefully I can report back on whether or not we felt it was a good tour and worth the money paid.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For what it is worth (counter balancing the more negative reviews), I think that the safari is quite possible the best E-Ticket WDW has going. It is a beautiful, ever-changing experience each time I ride it. And the people on rope bridges or whatever don't bother me in the slightest. I have also done the Wild Africa Trek and found it to be worth the money we paid for it (similarly, I also did one in MK that I thought was not worth the money we paid). The Africa Trek was an excellent experience.

We will most likely be doing this in March this year so hopefully I can report back on whether or not we felt it was a good tour and worth the money paid.

This is one I would do.

wannabeBelle

Were these all added to make up for the shortfall too?

"Backstage Magic- MK: Hollywood Studios:$243.89
Backstage Tales:$90
Behind the Seeds:$20
Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains:$52.19
Disney Family Culinary Adventure:$175
Disney's Family Magic Tour:$34
Dolphins In Depth- Living Seas-:$206.61
Dive Quest-Living Seas-:$186.38
Seas Aqua Tour:$149.10
Escape to Walt's Wilderness:$109
Family Magic Tour:$34.00
The Floral Experience:$50
Gardens of the World:$63.90
Holiday D-Lights Tour:$199.00
Keys to the Kingdom- Magic Kingdom:$78.81
Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience:$169
Sense of Africa:$249.99
Starlight Safari -:$70
Star Wars Tour:$129
The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience:$299
The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience:$299
The Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour:$199
The Undiscovered Future World:$58.58
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom:$35
Wanyama Safari:$170
Wild Africa Trek:$189
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour:$95.85
World Showcase DestiNations Discovered:$116.09
Yuletide Fantasy(Seasonal):$79.00
Hey there General, check out the pricing on the Tours. I recently paid just about $89 for the Keys tour and that was with an AP Discount. According to the Disneyworld website it is $99 dollars and I'm sure that pricing didn't include tax. I wonder which other ones have gone up in price that I haven't looked at lately!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom