New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

stevehousse

Fail. Stood and waited for one of these new come-back slips and was told there was nothing available for a party of 2, even though I just watched several people get tables for more people. Is Disney being stingy with this? Not letting less than a party of 4 make a reservation because they make more money?!! Off to Guest Relations I go.
Please share with us what happens! Would love to hear more about this failure of customer service...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Fail. Stood and waited for one of these new come-back slips and was told there was nothing available for a party of 2, even though I just watched several people get tables for more people. Is Disney being stingy with this? Not letting less than a party of 4 make a reservation because they make more money?!! Off to Guest Relations I go.

Duh. Disney is a business, didn't you know? It's bad business to seat 2 when you can seat 4.

Just wanted to get that out there before some mow ron came in and said it in a serious fashion.

RayTheFirefly

Exactly the type of thing I was afraid of. :banghead:

raven

Guest Relations called the restaurant 3 times and got no answer. The man at GR said he couldn't believe they would do that but gave me 2 Fast Passes for the remainder of the day.

I posted about this on my FB page and got a few responses from friends who have had the same thing happen when they tried to make a reservation for 2 people. My roommates even tried to have their anniversary dinner there and was denied.

I realize they are just trying to make money and fill the place up but they have made it clear that you can't eat there unless you have at least 4 people in your party. Very poor guest service.

RSoxNo1

Guest Relations called the restaurant 3 times and got no answer. The man at GR said he couldn't believe they would do that but gave me 2 Fast Passes for the remainder of the day.

I posted about this on my FB page and got a few responses from friends who have had the same thing happen when they tried to make a reservation for 2 people. My roommates even tried to have their anniversary dinner there and was denied.

I realize they are just trying to make money and fill the place up but they have made it clear that you can't eat there unless you have at least 4 people in your party. Very poor guest service.
It's not like they're going to have trouble finding another group of 2.

StageFrenzy

You could dine with your new best friends the Imaginaries from now on. Oh they decided to go standby on SDMT sorry...

omurice

I'm fascinated to see how this 20-minute thing works out. It seems like given the park TS turn away most without ADRs as it gets later and they're already saturated with walk-ups, this is not going to help much in the parks or at very popular places (Ohana, California Grill). But say you're at a resort with a semi-popular TS - you might book their TS on the ride back from the park, and for example you might sit down at 8PM instead of doing walk-up and sitting down at 8:45PM, could save some time.

stevehousse

What crap! I'm sorry they couldn't "accommodate" you and u were turned away. This is the exact reason the cards are not good. Before when u were able to wait in line this would not have happened. I hope more people complain about this type of party number "prejudice" happening. If It was me and I tried toget in, and then they handed others cards after me when I was told no, I definitely would be extremely upset and would have had it with the manger right on the spot! Can't wait to see what others have to say in Disneys defense for this...I'm sure they will think of some reason to say this is good...:banghead:

Longhairbear

Which place did this happen?

BrianV

Can't wait to see what others have to say in Disneys defense for this...I'm sure they will think of some reason to say this is good...:banghead:

Um, this is unacceptable just as the CM at guest relations said. If someone was able to get a card after them, they were clearly mistreated. Who would want to defend this? Any insiders know if this was the policy or a mistake?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What crap! I'm sorry they couldn't "accommodate" you and u were turned away. This is the exact reason the cards are not good. Before when u were able to wait in line this would not have happened. I hope more people complain about this type of party number "prejudice" happening. If It was me and I tried toget in, and then they handed others cards after me when I was told no, I definitely would be extremely upset and would have had it with the manger right on the spot! Can't wait to see what others have to say in Disneys defense for this...I'm sure they will think of some reason to say this is good...:banghead:

I'm sure some BRAND advocate will say this unacceptable behavior is a GOOD thing because it meant that more people could see BOG and that it used staff more efficiently because it takes as much effort to serve two people as it does four people.

Utterly disgusting but expected in the Iger/Staggs/Rasulo version of "The Florida Project" I don't think it can be called Disney any longer.

wogwog

Yes this is the Disney way from anecdotal events friends have told me. Some of the friends are Disney cast members. The trick is if you can't get a table for two try again for a table for three. Then when you arrive to eat, the third person "became ill and went to rest at the hotel". You have to think like greedy Disney to beat the game.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Um, this is unacceptable just as the CM at guest relations said. If someone was able to get a card after them, they were clearly mistreated. Who would want to defend this? Any insiders know if this was the policy or a mistake?

I'm NOT an insider but my spies tell me that this is common - one of those 'unwritten' policies as only serving parties of 4 or larger makes the per-ticket spending average look better.

Remember WDW these days is a numbers game unfortunately I'm NOT joking when I say 'customer service is so 90's'.

Parties of two - another in #YearOfAThousandCuts

disneydudette

As an only child of a single parent... this is appalling to me.

Now I understand... this is 'no different' than the current ADR system. Everything is based off table size and maximizing seating capacity.

There's just something so sour about being turned away, in front of others, who have the opportunity to dine because of a larger party size.

wogwog

I'm NOT an insider but my spies tell me that this is common - one of those 'unwritten' policies as only serving parties of 4 or larger makes the per-ticket spending average look better.

Remember WDW these days is a numbers game unfortunately I'm NOT joking when I say 'customer service is so 90's'.

Parties of two - another in #YearOfAThousandCuts
Iger table seating Ver. 2014.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As an only child of a single parent... this is appalling to me.

Now I understand... this is 'no different' than the current ADR system. Everything is based off table size and maximizing seating capacity.

There's just something so sour about being turned away, in front of others, who have the opportunity to dine because of a larger party size.

I agree I'm wondering if Disney has finally 'Jumped the Shark' in that they no longer care about the guest experience at all. The no more nuts at Mizer's - heck even the cheap biker bars around here give peanuts but the bar at Disney's signature resort does not!

Just pathetic

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I agree I'm wondering if Disney has finally 'Jumped the Shark' in that they no longer care about the guest experience at all. The no more nuts at Mizer's - heck even the cheap biker bars around here give peanuts but the bar at Disney's signature resort does not!

Just pathetic
Potentially it's in response to people who have severe nut allergies?
I don't remember the last bar I was in that had peanuts. It seems like years, maybe 5-6 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom