New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

cw1982

The line already gets cut off at 2pm for the dinner transition.

If u really had preschool aged kids, u would know that if u told them they can eat at The Beasts Castle and then had to tell them they had to wait 2 hours later to eat there , they wouldn't have it! You would simply be eating somewhere else and disappoint your kids in the process.

Before u could have just waited 20 minutes in line (even when the line is long it never takes more than 20-30 minutes for guest to get through) there is no arguing that this is impacting guests in a negative way. And to think, how many actual real world people would even know to get to BOg right away to get a ticket is just dumb. What most of us on here know about how wdw works, the average guest does not and I'm sure there were plenty of people being turned away saying I have to wait 2 hour later to eat fast food? No thanks!

It's just idiotic that u think turning guests away is good customer service! U really need a deep pixie dust cleaning out of ur eyes dude...(and I still think U work for Disney trying to spin this in a positive way. No right minded person is ok with being told to come back 2 hours later to eat fast food)

Save your breath, friend. Some people just don't like to use common sense and will go out of their way to twist anything to make it sound logical.

cw1982

A message passed on to me by a cast member this afternoon and just announced as far as she knew. I personally don't really know what this means to anyone but since this thread has been a bit about the food service at the parks maybe some of you care. I only eat in the parks during Epcot F & W by walking the lake. Have not reserved a table in a decade or so.

"As an enhancement to the Guest experience, the booking window has been adjusted for dining reservations at Walt Disney World Resort. Beginning August 13, reservations can be made for available seatings up to 20 minutes in advance directly by Guests using the My Disney Experience website or via the My Disney Experience mobile app on iOS devices."

I wonder if this means they are indeed erasing the standby line altogether, or if it means that guests will be able to make reservations until all tables are anticipated to be full for any given timeslot. It'll be interesting to see how this compares with the return time concept.

Captain Chaos

Save your breath, friend. Some people just don't like to use common sense and will go out of their way to twist anything to make it sound logical.
The defenders of the mouse will go all out to defend every little thing they do. I said it once, I'll say it again, these same people would defend Disney if Disney served them dog food, then come on here and claim how much Disney loves them cause.. THEY HEATED THE DOG FOOD UP!!!!

I'm beginning to think it no longer pays to be on a Disney fan site anymore. People just get more and more dumb.

cw1982

The defenders of the mouse will go all out to defend every little thing they do. I said it once, I'll say it again, these same people would defend Disney if Disney served them dog food, then come on here and claim how much Disney loves them cause.. THEY HEATED THE DOG FOOD UP!!!!

I'm beginning to think it no longer pays to be on a Disney fan site anymore. People just get more and more dumb.

Honestly, I started to reply in agreement to your other post that was in this same spirit, but my brain is mush right now and I just couldn't quite put my words together in the manner I wanted, so I kept reading and moved on. I'm tired in a lot of ways right now, but I'm definitely tired of people who are not high on pixie dust being accused of hating Disney just because we're objective in our assessment of what's going on. I'm definitely not a full-fledged Disney basher... go look at my TR for crying out loud! It's page after page of all the things Disney did right during my trip in June. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be critical where I think it's deserved, and some here don't seem to understand that.

Captain Chaos

Honestly, I started to reply in agreement to your other post that was in this same spirit, but my brain is mush right now and I just couldn't quite put my words together in the manner I wanted, so I kept reading and moved on. I'm tired in a lot of ways right now, but I'm definitely tired of people who are not high on pixie dust being accused of hating Disney just because we're objective in our assessment of what's going on. I'm definitely not a full-fledged Disney basher... go look at my TR for crying out loud! It's page after page of all the things Disney did right during my trip in June. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be critical where I think it's deserved, and some here don't seem to understand that.
Too many people think being a fan means you have to just accept and agree with everything you are a fan of, whether a sports team or Disney (and Universal as well). If you dare not agree with a decision or have the gall to point out flaws, you are not a real fan or you are nothing but a miserable person or just a negative nellie. It's actually sad and pathetic.

stevehousse

This is exactly how I feel! I love Disney just like everyone else on here does, but I will give critism where it is needed no matter what the subject is, Disney or not!

tribbleorlfl

I wonder if this means they are indeed erasing the standby line altogether, or if it means that guests will be able to make reservations until all tables are anticipated to be full for any given timeslot. It'll be interesting to see how this compares with the return time concept.
No, I don't believe this is in any way related top the BoG return time test. Right now, you physically cannot search for available seatings within an hour via the app or website. The only way you could do so would be to call the WDW Dine number or go to Guest Services. Not very convenient if you're in the parks, are getting hungry and want to find seating at any available restaurant on the fly. Decreasing that window from an hour down to 20 minutes should help with TS ressies slightly.

cw1982

No, I don't believe this is in any way related top the BoG return time test. Right now, you physically cannot search for available seatings within an hour via the app or website. The only way you could do so would be to call the WDW Dine number or go to Guest Services. Not very convenient if you're in the parks, are getting hungry and want to find seating at any available restaurant on the fly. Decreasing that window from an hour down to 20 minutes should help with TS ressies slightly.

But was @wogwog talking about ADR's for lunch or dinner? Maybe I misread the post, but since the thread is about lunchtime, I just assumed that this was about lunch, which would make the whole thing irrelevant to TS (since BoG is currently only TS at dinner) and would definitely make it appear to be a result of the testing that was done somehow. I figured that the powers that be decided that people might prefer to be able to book their lunch slot 20 minutes in advance than to have to get a return ticket. The fact that it reads that reservations can be made "UP TO 20 minutes in advance" makes me think this was about lunch... it would make no sense to limit dinner ADR's for available tables in that way, since BoG generally has so few openings at dinner anyhow.

RSoxNo1

A message passed on to me by a cast member this afternoon and just announced as far as she knew. I personally don't really know what this means to anyone but since this thread has been a bit about the food service at the parks maybe some of you care. I only eat in the parks during Epcot F & W by walking the lake. Have not reserved a table in a decade or so.

"As an enhancement to the Guest experience, the booking window has been adjusted for dining reservations at Walt Disney World Resort. Beginning August 13, reservations can be made for available seatings up to 20 minutes in advance directly by Guests using the My Disney Experience website or via the My Disney Experience mobile app on iOS devices."
Um, what does this mean? You could make reservations on MDE for table service. Is this just for Be Our Guest? If so, good luck getting same day availability.

Jennifer66

If I'm reading this message correctly, it has nothing to do with ant QS restaurant, including BoG at lunch. It seems to be solely regarding the ability to make ADRs within 20 minutes starting in 3 days.

stevehousse

If I'm reading this message correctly, it has nothing to do with ant QS restaurant, including BoG at lunch. It seems to be solely regarding the ability to make ADRs within 20 minutes starting in 3 days.
Bu that really doesn't make much sense...when it is ever really possible to get a TS restaurant at wdw in the last 5 years in under a 20 minute wait, or 20 minutes from now?!? A little clarification would definitely help!

cw1982

Bu that really doesn't make much sense...when it is ever really possible to get a TS restaurant at wdw in the last 5 years in under a 20 minute wait, or 20 minutes from now?!? A little clarification would definitely help!

Exactly. People often get turned away who try to walk up for dinner. How is that any different than trying to book 20 minutes before one gets there?

I still think the post is meant to be about booking a qs lunch table.

Jennifer66

I totally agree, but that's how that message reads to me. The only scenario where I could see this "enhancing" guest experience is if, say you're in Mexico and decide you want a TS meal. You could check MDE and snag an ADR in 15 minutes for Restaurant Marrakesh. Crazy good customer service there;). (Oh, and I really like Marrakesh, so this is not a slam--just reality.)

wogwog

Sorry to cause confusion but the "message" is all I know. Evidently it was just posted today I think on the cast information intranet. Maybe a cast member in Food and Beverage or Guest Relations on this site knows more details. I know I am confused even though I don't eat at the Mouse other than at F & W.

cw1982

Sorry to cause confusion but the "message" is all I know. Evidently it was just posted today I think on the cast information intranet. Maybe a cast member in Food and Beverage or Guest Relations on this site knows more details. I know I am confused even though I don't eat at the Mouse other than at F & W.

Thanks for the reply. This still makes no sense imo lol. Maybe someone who knows more will come along and explain.

dadddio

I don't know what's hard to understand. You can use the app to check if restaurants have ADRs available instead of having to call the number or check with a CM.

Of course, people can still queue up to get this information if they want. No one is taking away anyones right to stand in line.

stevehousse

So that blurb was for TS ADRs after all...seems kind of silly. The only place I really can see this working is at resorts and maybe Epcot...the other parks though, forget it...next to impossible...

BernardandBianca

So that blurb was for TS ADRs after all...seems kind of silly. The only place I really can see this working is at resorts and maybe Epcot...the other parks though, forget it...next to impossible...

This appears to be nothing more, or different, than walking up to a restaurant and asking if they have availability. Only now you don't have to physically walk there, you can look it up if you have an iPhone. (As for those of us who don't, Disney doesn't care, this is a Steve Jobs company.) And there are openings at a lot of places (at least for lunch), so it truly a waste. I actually think this is one of the few things WDW has done in the past months that benefits the normal guest.

raven

Fail. Stood and waited for one of these new come-back slips and was told there was nothing available for a party of 2, even though I just watched several people get tables for more people. Is Disney being stingy with this? Not letting less than a party of 4 make a reservation because they make more money?!! Off to Guest Relations I go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom