New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

AEfx

I think you may be simplifying this too much. It's not super expensive - it's comparable to Tony's, and less expensive than many Epcot restaurants. It's also very large.

They did a great job with the interior of the restaurant, the environment is really cool, but I don't think the food is at the level of some other restaurants on property.

Right, but...think of it outside the restaurant box. We know it's a restaurant. We followed it being built from the first fiberglass stone up. Disney is selling this as an attraction, though - watching the TV commercials, for all someone knows they just have a little snack bar in there. People are going to see Beast's Castle, this mini-weenie that is supposed to beckon you...until you are STOPPED! by the CM Military Guard Patrol from even crossing the bridge before you get there to see it.

So if it goes all TS, they are going to drastically reduce the guests that get to experience this attraction they are promoting the hell out of, which to be honest seems like an awful waste. I think that any gain to be offset by a severe amount of guest dissatisfaction at not getting to step foot in, or near, Beast's Castle.

maxime29

Premium Member
The food is still better that Cosmic Rays or Village Haus. Harbor House used to be good; now it's just marginal.
Don't even ask about Pecos Bills' (cold food).

MarkTwain

The food is still better that Cosmic Rays or Village Haus. Harbor House used to be good; now it's just marginal.
Don't even ask about Pecos Bills' (cold food).

...And this is one of the biggest problems. The current problems with BoG are caused primarily by the faults of the MK as a whole; the park provides one solid counter service option, and all other QSRs are either marginal in quality or closed. Pressure could easily be relieved off of BoG if Disney even, say, put as much as effort into their QSRs as they do at Disneyland.

mickeysbrother

Would be nice if disney would give us a free fast pass for the restaurant. Don't really want to use 1 of my rides to go eat their. Bad enough i can only book 3 of them in only 1 park per day. Even when i spend money on a Hopper pass.
Remember the good ol days when you got a free fast pass to go see mickey mouse and the princesses.

cw1982

Would be nice if disney would give us a free fast pass for the restaurant. Don't really want to use 1 of my rides to go eat their. Bad enough i can only book 3 of them in only 1 park per day. Even when i spend money on a Hopper pass.
Remember the good ol days when you got a free fast pass to go see mickey mouse and the princesses.

It's not a real fastpass in the sense that it doesn't count against your three attraction fastpasses. It's on a completely different system. Check out the threads about this on the fastpass plus forums or the dining forum for more information.

BrianV

Test ends today. MM will count the till. If they made more profit a day during the test, good by test, hello permanent. The WDW business plan in motion.

That's the way tests go. You run them, look at the data, and decide whether to change or stay the same or run more tests. I would argue that is the universal business plan (no reference to the other theme park intended).

prberk

I still say the real answer is to increase capacity for dining at the MK, and re-theme or tweak any underperforming restaurants so that they are a fresher and more attractive experience (thus giving incentive to share the load). Keep them all freshly-cleaned, themed, and offering delicious food ... and the problem solves itself.

Yes, that means re-opening the Tomorrowland Terrace and the Adventureland one that stays closed. And maybe re-theming them, giving them an upgrade. But even that could be advertised on the park brochures or in the welcome documents handed out at hotel check-in. Either way, it just makes sense.

Stop trying to gerry-mander the restaurant "voting" process by manipulating the line so much. Just make all the restaurants good and attractive, instead of trying to manipulate the popularity of the newest one.

jencor

Test ends today. MM will count the till. If they made more profit a day during the test, good by test, hello permanent. The WDW business plan in motion.

The problem with test results is how you read them. You can get many views to the same test, so the real question is how they view it.

RayTheFirefly

The problem with test results is how you read them. You can get many views to the same test, so the real question is how they view it.

Here's to hoping either profits went down, or 23476298547024576723 people complained.
prayer.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
...And this is one of the biggest problems. The current problems with BoG are caused primarily by the faults of the MK as a whole; the park provides one solid counter service option, and all other QSRs are either marginal in quality or closed. Pressure could easily be relieved off of BoG if Disney even, say, put as much as effort into their QSRs as they do at Disneyland.

At DL one gets REAL PLATES AND SILVERWARE at some of the QSR's...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I still say the real answer is to increase capacity for dining at the MK, and re-theme or tweak any underperforming restaurants so that they are a fresher and more attractive experience (thus giving incentive to share the load). Keep them all freshly-cleaned, themed, and offering delicious food ... and the problem solves itself.

Yes, that means re-opening the Tomorrowland Terrace and the Adventureland one that stays closed. And maybe re-theming them, giving them an upgrade. But even that could be advertised on the park brochures or in the welcome documents handed out at hotel check-in. Either way, it just makes sense.

Stop trying to gerry-mander the restaurant "voting" process by manipulating the line so much. Just make all the restaurants good and attractive, instead of trying to manipulate the popularity of the newest one.

That suggestion would involve increasing OPEX - Since it's not related to MM+ it will never happen, TDO is simply stuck on STUPID look at people eating EVERYWHERE even bringing food into the park so they don't have to deal with dining hell.

A REAL BUSINESS would respond to demand and open more dining and it's doubly stupid because the restaurants ALREADY exist they just need to be staffed. But the managers are too frightened to open these dining venues because what will happen if people don't come. The same timid mentality is why Gaspar's runs out of Snacks at 6PM at the GF and managers are afraid to increase snack orders...

RayTheFirefly

Acting like this unique to TDO is ridiculous.

This is a pretty big issue, IMO, because depending on how it's received, it could become much more widespread throughout the parks.

I would agree if Disney was just any corporation. But it's not. It's one built on phenomenal customer service, amazing experiences, and that "warm, fuzzy feeling." I don't think it's crazy for people to voice opinions on something they think will negatively affect those things, especially on a forum designed specifically for discussing just that...

Tigger1988

Acting like Disney should be the same as a run of the mill company is what is ridiculous. Unless of course, you just want Disney to be run of the mill and lose what made Disney different to start with.
Every company does tests, evaluates the data and then executes accordingly. What a ridiculous point to argue.

landauh

That suggestion would involve increasing OPEX - Since it's not related to MM+ it will never happen, TDO is simply stuck on STUPID look at people eating EVERYWHERE even bringing food into the park so they don't have to deal with dining hell.

A REAL BUSINESS would respond to demand and open more dining and it's doubly stupid because the restaurants ALREADY exist they just need to be staffed. But the managers are too frightened to open these dining venues because what will happen if people don't come. The same timid mentality is why Gaspar's runs out of Snacks at 6PM at the GF and managers are afraid to increase snack orders...

Guests have been bringing food into Disney Theme Parks ever since Disneyland opened. In fact Holiday Hill (before it was the Matterhorn) had benches and picnic tables so guests could have their food.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Every company does tests, evaluates the data and then executes accordingly. What a ridiculous point to argue.

You could say "every company does construction and hence has to impact guests" - and you'd be right. But you'd also be ignoring that Disney does construction DIFFERENTLY solely for the purpose of minimizing impact to it's guests and to ensure the level of show and customer service it strives to deliver.

Just because you want to TEST does not mean there is only one way to do it or that necessarily you SHOULD do it. Disney's choice was a path that BLINDSIDES people, forces ALL your customers to be impacted... etc. Any decision to test in your production environment comes with the assessment of the impact, risks, and consequences of doing so. Disney failed to live up to its own standards when it comes to impacting the guest.

"test" is not a blanket kitchen-pass for 'screw up everyones experience'. They must still be done in ways that do not ruin the show and experience Disney set out for.

Or maybe you think if Disney wanted to experiment with a projection show instead of fireworks... that if Disney just swapped the show out without telling anyone and say "hey, BTW, we're doing a test.. we hope you like it!" - all would be good.. because you know.. it's just a test!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom