New attraction preference

Plutoboy

Original Poster
Spoke to a friend yesterday who is in management with WDW and she attended a luncheon where they were shown ideas for attractions that may very well be coming to WDW:

Journey to Center of the Earth (AK), Dark ride based on Disney Villains (MK/DS), Australia (AK), Dark ride Village based on B&B, Pinocchio and an unmentioned (MK), Indiana Jones Show Replacement with ride (DS), Alice's Labrynth leading to a Meet & Greet (MK), Incredible's attraction (EC), Brother Bear (EC) and finally the addition of 3 new WS countries.

Now I realize that some of these have been mentioned before but which would you prefer to see and could you see it going somewhere other than the park that it is currently slated?

Spine_DR

Alot of those sound cool. I would love to see a Indiana Jones ride, Disney Studio's is due for a new ride, but I also like the Idea of 3 more WS countries. The only thing about the WS additions is I dont think they really have room for more.

jozzmenia

Plutoboy said:
Spoke to a friend yesterday who is in management with WDW and she attended a luncheon where they were shown ideas for attractions that may very well be coming to WDW:

Journey to Center of the Earth (AK), Dark ride based on Disney Villains (MK/DS), Australia (AK), Dark ride Village based on B&B, Pinocchio and an unmentioned (MK), Indiana Jones Show Replacement with ride (DS), Alice's Labrynth leading to a Meet & Greet (MK), Incredible's attraction (EC), Brother Bear (EC) and finally the addition of 3 new WS countries.

Now I realize that some of these have been mentioned before but which would you prefer to see and could you see it going somewhere other than the park that it is currently slated?

I think that all of them sound good. I am more of a ride person, so I would pick rides over shows. Disney already has enough shows I think (all great of course :) ). If I had to pick one from your list, I would say Indiana Jones, because I am a HUGE fan of DL's Indiana Jones ride. I also loved The Incredibles so that would be good. The Labrynth ride I think would probable be too "kiddie-fied" :lookaroun so I'd pass on that, and I like most Dark Rides so that would be good...

Sounds good!

JimboJones123

Plutoboy said:

All sound awesome, and would be great for the seemingly back to the roots ideals going on at disney parks. B&B meaning Bedknobs and Broomsticks is so random though... unless there is another B&B. But bring on more ALICE!!!

sbkline

Most of them sound good...but if I were to prioritize, I'd say that AK should be the first priority, followed by MGM Studios, then the other two. I can easily spend a whole day at MK and EPCOT, but I can do AK in a few hours. So that tells me that there is alot of work yet to do on that park. I love the idea of some new rides and the idea of a new land there. I'm not necessarily opposed to the addition of new attractions at MK and EPCOT, but I think they should concentrate their efforts on expanding the other two first.:animwink:

CoffeeJedi

The inclusion of dark rides on the list is promising. From the rumors that we hear coming out of WDI, management almost sees dark rides as a purely dead artform. Hopefully the change back to WED Enterprises will turn that thinking around.

Journey to the Center of the Earth, or Indiana Jones Adventure would both be welcome additions. IJA is an incredible experience, and the pics and video I've seen of JCE make it seem great as well.

Who was putting on the presentation? Was it Imagineering or PR or who? (consumer products? they seem to run things nowadays) Knowing what division/department did the meeting could help us figure out what's blue-sky and what's a bit further into the pipeline.

CoffeeJedi

dxer07002 said:
I'm trying to figure out where the Incredibles fit into Epcot... As a possible replacement for WoL?????
something about super-powered people at a health pavilion doesn't sit right with me-

Mr. Incredible: Remember kids! eat your veggies and someday you'll be as strong as m- well... ok, so i was born with a genetic predispostion for super-strength and nigh-indestructability, and no matter what you do, your inferior non-superhuman bodies will always be weak compared to mine. Hmm, in a way, you could say that we supers are so far advanced beyond you that we're almost a different species. A "master-race" if you will........

-yeah.... lets just not go there.

sassytink03

I have been waiting for a villians ride for a long time. I think that the villians are seriously misunderstood and I think that DW is long overdue to put something for the fans of the villians.

JimboJones123

CoffeeJedi said:
something about super-powered people at a health pavilion doesn't sit right with me-

Mr. Incredible: Remember kids! eat your veggies and someday you'll be as strong as m- well... ok, so i was born with a genetic predispostion for super-strength and nigh-indestructability, and no matter what you do, your inferior non-superhuman bodies will always be weak compared to mine. Hmm, in a way, you could say that we supers are so far advanced beyond you that we're almost a different species. A "master-race" if you will........

-yeah.... lets just not go there.

REPLACEMENT for WOL. Not adding an overlay to it.

JimboJones123

sassytink03 said:
I have been waiting for a villians ride for a long time. I think that the villians are seriously misunderstood and I think that DW is long overdue to put something for the fans of the villians.

A villians side Dark Ride would be pretty cool. They did do all those "My Side" books a few years ago... we have a few, and they are kinda funny. That would let them bring in a Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and others Dark ride without having to build one for each of them.

maelstrom

Journey to Center of the Earth (AK) - Yes, they need more rides.

Dark ride based on Disney Villains (MK/DS) - I could take or leave this one. I think they could come up with something better.

Australia (AK) - Kangaroos and koalas, yes please.

Dark ride Village based on B&B - ???

Pinocchio and an unmentioned (MK) - I'd like to see the Pinocchio dark ride from DL come to WDW.

Indiana Jones Show Replacement with ride (DS) - eh.

Alice's Labrynth leading to a Meet & Greet (MK) - I'd rather see the Alice ride from WDW, but I'd settle for the labyrynth.

Incredible's attraction (EC) - NO.

Brother Bear (EC) - If it's the rapids ride, yes.

Addition of 3 new WS countries - Greece, Russia, & Spain, please.

NeedABreak

I think The Incredibles could work in WOL. I have already said that I hope they retheme and save the pavillion because the building is one of my favorites in Epcot. I'm sure the big brains at Disney can think of a way to make it work.

I would like to see more nations reprsented in WS.

i would love to see an incredibles right, but i understand why people dont see it fitting in Epcot. but if u think about it... they dotn really fit anywhere. im torn because of it too, becuase im not too keen on them basing another ride on a pixar film. i love them,but i dont want to take over. anyway, i was trying to think of how the incredible could fit into futureworld/discoveryworld (since its getting less and less futuristic). since all of the pavillions try to be somewhat educational or showcase-y i was thinking the they could build a robotics pavillion (or maybe just find a way to stick this in innoventions but i dont think its big enough) anyway, the ride could be a tour of a robotics lab when all of a sudden one of the robots goes crazy, it turns out the lab is run by syndrome. so yada yada u try to get away the incredibles stop it. i could see it being like a Dinosaur type ride system but maybe with digital projections for the characters. just an idea!

i would also love to see a villains dark ride but i woudlnt want them to baby it. i think they could do a spiderman type ride for that. these rides dont have to be thrill rides, just not boring!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom