New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

Kman101

I like the idea for Anna and Elsa. Which I have no interest in partaking in. Likely ever.

I don't like it for attractions but the sky isn't falling over this, either. WDW isn't suddenly going to close every standby line and say "sorry guys! better luck tomorrow!"

Kman101

Or how about a system where you pay less to get into the park, but have to pay for tickets to ride the rides. They could price the tickets so that the more popular rides are more expensive. This would be revolutionary! ;)

I'd love for that to happen again. It would never fly but it's how it probably should be.

Kman101

I agree with that but what else can they do for the meet and greet, really? I don't see guests being all that outraged at the end of the day. I'm not seeing the big deal in this? Now if it becomes the go-to for attractions I'll agree with the "what was the point of FP+". But for this meet and grope? I think it's a decent solution.

Cletus

It's real and here is proof.

BtPEoQECIAI9buv.jpg

Posted by mjhannaf over on the DIS

tdpolo26

Honestly turn the entire princess fairy tale hall into frozen for a while.....3 sets of the same character...2 purposes are served lines will be at most 1 hour stand by and 2 people hopefully will get sick of it sooner...
Also put them at some of the character meals honestly...that might take some people out of the meet and greet spots....no reason not to put them in rotation at the castle and Norway at the minimum

stevehousse

I don't even understand the point of this? I thought with the extra hours they were keeping the princesses for, this whole 5 hour line business had been diminished???

Or why didn't they just go FP+ only for the princesses? I remeber talk of that awhile ago where certain characters would be FP+ only? This is just stupid...

Kuzcotopia

Part of the idea behind the original Fastpass, as they sold it to the public years ago, was to get guests out of line so they could "experience other things", like gift shops and restaurants, at least that's what Disney was hoping.

In the end, if you're in a line for five hours, you aren't spending money on snacks, scamburgers, and souvenirs.

This has to be the reason behind the change. At this point, guests have to know what they're getting into with a standby for A&E, so I can't imagine guest satisfaction is the prime concern.

PhotoDave219

I don't even understand the point of this? I thought with the extra hours they were keeping the princesses for, this whole 5 hour line business had been diminished???

Or why didn't they just go FP+ only for the princesses? I remeber talk of that awhile ago where certain characters would be FP+ only? This is just stupid...

You simply cannot do that.

You can't tell a day guest that shows up that they had to book a reservation six months ago to meet the most popular characters at Disney.

MikeyK72

In my opinion, I don't like Disney taking away the standby option and here's why.

If I arrive at any attraction (not just a meet & greet) and see that there's a standby wait time of 5 hours, I used to have a choice to make. That choice was basically to wait or move on to something else. I would ask myself, "do I feel as if experiencing this attraction is worth the wait time?" Knowing that I could be experiencing 5 other 1 hour-wait attractions instead, I had a choice to make regarding how I spent the next 5 hours of my time. And if it worked out that the park would only be open for 5 more hours, then I'd be deciding if this was the way I wanted to spend the rest of the day.

But by taking the standby queue away, I feel that Disney is now taking that choice away from me. With this new approach, I may arrive at the attraction mid-day and find that there are no standby passes/times available at all. So basically, Disney is preventing me from experiencing that attraction at all that day even though in my example it's only mid-day and I may have chosen to wait standby for it.

I'm not a Disney basher by any means...actually quite the opposite because I'm a DVC member and an AP holder...so yes I drank the Koolaid in huge gulps...but I feel like this is a "take away" and not a "value add".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom