New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There's almost nowhere at WDW I would want to see this kind of queuing system, but Anna and Elsa are probably the exception. I can't imagine that WDW cast can comfortably manage crowds waiting 4+ hours (where do they even put all the people?)

I still cannot fathom why anyone would wait 4+ hours for a 5 minute M&G. Imagine how cranky that little girl will be when she finally gets to see Anna & Elsa....

natatomic

So basically the lines will now be divided into FP+ and FP-, yes?

The biggest issue (if I understand this correctly) is that once the paper FP-s run out, there's no longer a standby option to wait in? You can't CHOOSE to wait in a long line anymore? Well, I guess that's what happens when people go to GR to complain about the long lines. "Well, if people are so miserable waiting hours in line, then we'll just take that misery away by not letting them wait at all! Suckers."

But how many hours will the line be to get these passes? Could a guest get 4-5 tickets and then go sell then to some desperate ticket-less family for hundreds of dollars a pop?

Disney keeps trying to reinvent the wheel here. Just let people wait in the dang line...

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
So basically the lines will now be divided into FP+ and FP-, yes?

The biggest issue (if I understand this correctly) is that once the paper FP-s run out, there's no longer a standby option to wait in? You can't CHOOSE to wait in a long line anymore? Well, I guess that's what happens when people go to GR to complain about the long lines. "Well, if people are so miserable waiting hours in line, then we'll just take that misery away by not letting them wait at all! Suckers."

But how many hours will the line be to get these passes? Could a guest get 4-5 tickets and then go sell then to some desperate ticket-less family for hundreds of dollars a pop?

Disney keeps trying to reinvent the wheel here (letting people wait in line.) if they want to distribute crowds better, then they should start making the other three parks more desirable by building more dang attractions.

Disney's going to need to pay the poor CMs handling this M&G a bonus for all the grief they will get....

natatomic

What's ALSO gonna suck about this is the people returning for their standby time who think it's actually a FP.
"Yes, that's for the standby line."
"No, but I have my FP right here. See? It's a paper ticket like FPs have always been."
"No, FP is the new standby. You're behind the times, old man. Now you have to wait in line to get a ticket to wait for your return time to wait your turn. It's the latest and greatest in making sure you don't wait."
"Why didn't I just get in the standby earlier then? Instead of all this ticket nonsense?"
"Oh, we don't allow that. We can't allow you to wait that long. You either get to wait to NOT wait, or your just don't get to wait at all. But you're very lucky. There are only so few people allowed to wait in this magical line. It's truly a privilege to wait to not wait."

LAKid53

Premium Member
What's ALSO gonna suck about this is the people returning for their standby time who think it's actually a FP.
"Yes, that's for the standby line."
"No, but I have my FP right here. See? It's a paper ticket like FPs have always been."
"No, FP is the new standby. You're behind the times, old man. Now you have to wait in line to get a ticket to wait for your return time to wait your turn. It's the latest and greatest in making sure you don't wait."
"Why didn't I just get in the standby earlier then? Instead of all this ticket nonsense?"
"Oh, we don't allow that. We can't allow you to wait that long. You either get to wait to NOT wait, or your just don't get to wait at all. But you're very lucky. There are only so few people allowed to wait in this magical line. It's truly a privilege to wait to not wait."

Like I said, I pity the poor CMs handling this M&G. Bone head idea, Disney. However, it may make for some interesting people watching....

RSoxNo1

There was talk of eliminating standby all together. This appears to be the trend in some way shape or form. If the end game is 10+ rides/shows/spectaculars per guest, they can use this new standby queuing system to ensure that no attraction has a true standby wait of more than 30 minutes... of course that partially eliminates many of the benefits of Fastpass+.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I wonder if the parents who complained to GR about the long wait times are the same ones who obsessively searched for a Frozen dress and were willing to pay $$$$ for one? Disney just needs to find a big open space somewhere on their property, pitch a few tents, set up some drink stations like BOG does when it's hot and announce that as the Anna & Elsa M&G. If you build it, they will come.

lazyboy97o

Has Disney been closing the Standby queue early, closing the queue at park closing or just doing a hard close at park closing? This system could help eliminate having the attraction open later than the park.

What is more amazing is, if this story is accurate, the spectacularly lousy hourly capacity. I knew meet and greets were low, but that just seems pitiful.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Has Disney been closing the Standby queue early, closing the queue at park closing or just doing a hard close at park closing? This system could help eliminate having the attraction open later than the park.

What is more amazing is, if this story is accurate, the spectacularly lousy hourly capacity. I knew meet and greets were low, but that just seems pitiful.
I didn't/don't believe that number. We waited in the FP line for *maybe*10-15 minutes and there were at least 6-7 groups in front of us.

Doing that math with those numbers means they spend 6 min with you.
I looked back at our video. From Anna walking over it was just over a minute. I stopped right before pictures which took maybe another minute. It was very efficient.

LAKid53

Premium Member

According to the article, only for Anna & Elsa M&G. I read that Test Track may be included in this test. Does this mean Disney will guarantee that Test Track will be operating consistently?

ThemeParkJunkee

I will believe this when I see this. The article contains dubious statistics and a very detailed plan of execution. Without any credible source, and since this supposedly being tested later today, I call BS.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Well if this works I guess those rumored revamps for TSM and Soarin' will be nixed. Perhaps a last ditch effort to forgo the "inevitable" expansion will save Disney money for attraction development or improvements elsewhere in the parks.

Rinx

I'm not at all into characters or the Frozen craze but this idea sounds good if the wait times really will be only 30 minutes. If I had to wait in line for 300 minutes to finally see them and Elsa looked like THAT, I'd be beyond angry. I've almost never seen a character look so unlike the person supposed to be portrayed...and what a cheap costume...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom