New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

WildcatDen

Don't quote me regarding a coaster. I have no info regarding that specific. Just that the Dinoland area is one of two areas being looked at for possible future development.

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming. Until then I wouldn't class it as rumour per se, let alone news.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up.
I too have heard that Dino may be a thing of the past, in the future. . .

Kman101

"meant to take the headline attraction"
So, are the two attractions the 2nd and 3rd options that were originally planned and the 1st/best ride was scrapped?

There was a planned bike coaster. But we haven't been told any ride specifics (how many show scenes, animatronics, if any, were screens involved?) Personally I don't care that they didn't build it, I think the simulator serves a similar purpose and is quite a headliner. To me, coaster doesn't always equal the better attraction, but it would depend on what was planned for the bike coaster.

I'd rather they have lengthened River Journey a bit though instead of cutting the length and drop but I like that it's a family attraction most can ride. And AK has long needed an air conditioned boat ride.

PorterRedkey

I posted this to Twitter and people thought I was crazy (what else is new). What year does Animal Kingdom pass Epcot in attendance on the TEA reports?

Animal Kingdom #s
2015: 10,922,000
2014: 10,402,000
2013: 10,198,000
2012: 9,998,000
2011: 9,783,000
2010: 9,686,000
2009: 9,590,000
2008: 9,540,000
2007: 9,490,000
2006: 8,910,000

Epcot #s
2015: 11,798,000
2014: 11,454,000
2013: 11,229,000
2012: 11,063,000
2011: 10,825,000
2010: 10,825,000
2009: 10,990,000
2008: 10,935,000
2007: 10,930,000
2006: 10,460,000
2018 - for a few years at least.

clemmo

What I heard was there would be a new E or D and the current E would be rethemed Serpico has been fairly consistent on that. Oh, and I am hearing the direction they were heading in on the Stitch replacement at MK may be changing???
Have u heard a time frame on that? I'd assume well into next decade. Good to know they're planning on getting around to dinorama I was hoping after avatar that they'd get there. As for MK it seems like they'd better hurry up because as it is I don't feel like the new additions are going to make it to the 50th

WildcatDen

Have u heard a time frame on that? I'd assume well into next decade. Good to know they're planning on getting around to dinorama I was hoping after avatar that they'd get there. As for MK it seems like they'd better hurry up because as it is I don't feel like the new additions are going to make it to the 50th
Stitch replacement by the 50th. AK additions I do not know. Hinted at 2022 but that is also what I heard for the new country at EPCOT.

clemmo

Looking at the aerial maps they actually have a good amount of space to expand dinoland especially once you knock down dinorama and possibly the theater in the wild.

CinematicFusion

If I was doing a future upgrade at AK, for me there is only two ideas that strike a cord. Rides that would bring magic into the Land.

I have always been for Pandora and it fits perfectly in AK. Inspired idea to take a chance on this IP. (Could have done better on the boat ride though) Land and FOP is awesome. Family boat ride was needed, AK doesn't have many rides that are for young families.

That is why This ride has been talked about forever. Mystic Manor, it is a perfect fit for this park. It really just needs to be done in the next 4 years.
It would bring an E ticket dark ride that everyone can ride. All ages, all families, air conditioned E-ticket dark ride that is perfect escapism for a park that prides itself on adventure and the journey of discovery.
1. River rapids ride
2. Pandora boat ride
3. Safari tour
4. Bugs life movie... but plays like a nightmare to little kids.
5. Nature trails... little kids love these.... I do also.

That's it for young families. AK needs a family friendly e-ticket dark ride.

There is a reason everyone wants Mystic Manor here.
It would be an instant classic.
Man ....Animal Kingdom has the potential to be one of the greatest parks of all time.... if it's not close to being there.

The second I'll talk about later.... too many margaritas and I'm tired of typing on the iPhone.

RandySavage

If I was doing a future upgrade at AK, for me there is only two ideas that strike a cord. Rides that would bring magic into the Land.

I have always been for Pandora and it fits perfectly in AK. Inspired idea to take a chance on this IP. (Could have done better on the boat ride though) Land and FOP is awesome. Family boat ride was needed, AK doesn't have many rides that are for young families.

That is why This ride has been talked about forever. Mystic Manor, it is a perfect fit for this park. It really just needs to be done in the next 4 years.
It would bring an E ticket dark ride that everyone can ride. All ages, all families, air conditioned E-ticket dark ride that is perfect escapism for a park that prides itself on adventure and the journey of discovery.
1. River rapids ride
2. Pandora boat ride
3. Safari tour
4. Bugs life movie... but plays like a nightmare to little kids.
5. Nature trails... little kids love these.... I do also.

That's it for young families. AK needs a family friendly e-ticket dark ride.

There is a reason everyone wants Mystic Manor here.
It would be an instant classic.
Man ....Animal Kingdom has the potential to be one of the greatest parks of all time.... if it's not close to being there.

The second I'll talk about later.... too many margaritas and I'm tired of typing on the iPhone.
I'm fine with this proposal with the big caveat that it not be a direct clone of MM, but a re-dressed version suited to AK's overall themes: museum of an eccentric zoologist (replacing Rafikis Planet Watch) or Paleontologist (replacing DinoRama).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom