New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

Doug Means

That's true we disagree. However, you're in the minority on this one. Even Pandora is a stretch. (See arguments ad nauseum in multiple other threads.) But I can begrudgingly accept it because it's about humans from Earth discovering another ecosystem beyond our planet and, as told in Avatar, almost destroying it. Nevertheless, the land wants you to believe Pandora is real. Zootopia no more fits in AK than Toy Story Land does.
if you say so...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
On the other hand, you will have a lot of people bringing up the argument of " They are just replacing rides, not adding capacity and rides" I say leave this area alone and concentrate on our areas in the park.
I would generally agree with this, but Dinorama is so loud, garish, and tacky that I wouldn't miss it one bit. Primeval Hurl was closed during our last trip, and the area was vastly improved without the incessant clanging, rat-a-tat-ting, and cuckoo-ing.

Clearly you've got a problem when a ride being closed actually improves the ambience of an entire land. The removal of both of those cheap flat rides and all of the carnival type atmosphere and games, would be addition by subtraction in my opinion. YMMV

KrazyKat

I've always thought putting an updated version of Crush's Coaster from Paris in the Dinorama area would be great. It would be right next to The Theater in the Wild. Then add a walk through aquarium exhibit featuring wildly exotic fish (maybe bring some over from The Seas).

NEMO LAND!

Wish there was room for the new Dory ride going into Tokyo Disneysea.

FigmentJedi

What about a Pangea land where they recreate what life was like on Pangea and take us on a ride through it. That'd be cool

Why not? All the continents were merged. Keep DINOSAUR (or rename it to Countdown to Extinction). I can see that.
Pangaea was long gone by the time of the big dinosaurs. Most of the continents we have now were in their basic modern positions in the Late Cretaceous.

Bocabear

I've always thought putting an updated version of Crush's Coaster from Paris in the Dinorama area would be great. It would be right next to The Theater in the Wild. Then add a walk through aquarium exhibit featuring wildly exotic fish (maybe bring some over from The Seas).

NEMO LAND!

now that the Living Seas is already toon-ified, why not build Crush's coaster connected with the living Seas, add another ride to Future World that is an easy build-out...instead of having the same franchises in each park, let Finding Nemo me solely represented in that pavilion...Change the show for DAK to something more appropriate for that location....Use the building for something else, a whole new attraction...

Dinoman96

NEMO LAND!

Honestly, if Dinorama gets scrapped, I'd want its replacement to still pertain to Dinoland USA. Would hate to see the land end up being awkwardly reduced in half in favor of another theme, like what happened to the Lost Continent in Islands of Adventure when Harry Potter came along...

Bocabear

Honestly, if Dinorama gets scrapped, I'd want its replacement to still pertain to Dinoland USA. Would hate to see the land end up being awkwardly reduced in half in favor of another theme, like what happened to the Lost Continent in Islands of Adventure when Harry Potter came along...
I agree...they could even enclose the coasters and add better visuals and theming, scrap the roadside attraction look and just do a beautiful "Dinosaur Garden" area of attractions...still retaining the theming of the adjacent gift shop with crazy Route 66 vintage detailing... remove the games of chance, re-landscape the area, re-dress the spinner to tone it down, Hide the Primeval Whirl coaster show building behind rock cliffs and waterfalls a-la-Carsland, add a couple beautifully themed quick service carts, repaint the giant dino to look a little less cartoony, and I think it would be a better fit, The Primeval Whirl as a dark ride coaster would be a lot more fun, the area would be really beautiful more closely matching the DAK aesthetic...

jaxonp

I agree...they could even enclose the coasters and add better visuals and theming, scrap the roadside attraction look and just do a beautiful "Dinosaur Garden" area of attractions...still retaining the theming of the adjacent gift shop with crazy Route 66 vintage detailing... remove the games of chance, re-landscape the area, re-dress the spinner to tone it down, Hide the Primeval Whirl coaster show building behind rock cliffs and waterfalls a-la-Carsland, add a couple beautifully themed quick service carts, repaint the giant dino to look a little less cartoony, and I think it would be a better fit, The Primeval Whirl as a dark ride coaster would be a lot more fun, the area would be really beautiful more closely matching the DAK aesthetic...
Problem is those spinning coasters are off the rack Six Flags attractions and are not fun or quality coasters. It's embarrassing that Disney purchased them imo. Even Six Flags has removed some of them over the years and moved them around like carnival rides. Honestly, they should just be removed for anything better.

BraveGirl

I'm once again in the minority here because I love Dinorama. Primieval Whirl is so much fun and my kids love Triceratop Spin. They also love digging in the boneyard. I liked Dinosaur much better as CTX, but either way, it's still fun.

I would love an update to Rafiki. As far as I can remember, it hasn't really been updated ever?

MrPromey

I don't think the well done Boneyard Dig Site would go anywhere if Dinorama were finally axed but I guess you never know.

I don't think so, either. The Boneyard Dig was a part of the original park.

Dinorama was a bolt-on that was put on land that had previously been partially occupied by another temporary attraction.

Had they any original plans for Dinorama, I'm sure it would have opened with the rest of the park as it's one of simplest, least themed elements in AK and it isn't like those two rides would have taken longer than CTE to construct and test.

The fact that it's so simple and relatively disconnected to just about everything else (other than a gift shop) also indicates how easily they could potentially replace that whole area if they were so inclined. It wouldn't exactly be like trying to recycle the 20,000 Leagues space or anything.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

That's true we disagree. However, you're in the minority on this one. Even Pandora is a stretch. (See arguments ad nauseum in multiple other threads.) But I can begrudgingly accept it because it's about humans from Earth discovering another ecosystem beyond our planet and, as told in Avatar, almost destroying it. Nevertheless, the land wants you to believe Pandora is real. Zootopia no more fits in AK than Toy Story Land does.
I think the treatment of Avatar in Disney's Animal Kingdom is exactly how it should have been done. There is a treatment related to Zootopia that would work for Disney's Animal Kingdom.

RSoxNo1

NEMO LAND!

Stormrider closed the night we arrived (we didn't get to do it). This ride seems to be like Star Tours with a larger theater. Is that fair?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom