• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

huwar18

Advertisement
Would've been a better use of money than the MagicBands and NGE.
But how would Disney track your every move without Magicbands?.....Just kidding. I totally agree with you. I would rather them spend that money on lands and attractions.

MansionButler84

But how would Disney track your every move without Magicbands?.....Just kidding. I totally agree with you. I would rather them spend that money on lands and attractions.
Some of the updates were necessary and appreciated. But they blew FAR more money on components of MDE that never delivered on promises to make the Company a fortune. Infrastructure updates and production of the MDE app did not cost more than the cost of a new theme park.

huwar18

Some of the updates were necessary and appreciated. But they blew FAR more money on components of MDE that never delivered on promises to make the Company a fortune. Infrastructure updates and production of the MDE app did not cost more than the cost of a new theme park.
Oh yeah, that definitely makes sense. It was more of a joke. However, I do think that some of the money could have been allocated to other projects. Personally, I like the MagicBands. I don't miss having paper tickets and a room key to worry about.

WildcatDen

Don't quote me regarding a coaster. I have no info regarding that specific. Just that the Dinoland area is one of two areas being looked at for possible future development.

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming. Until then I wouldn't class it as rumour per se, let alone news.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up.
I too have heard that Dino may be a thing of the past, in the future. . .

Kman101

"meant to take the headline attraction"
So, are the two attractions the 2nd and 3rd options that were originally planned and the 1st/best ride was scrapped?
There was a planned bike coaster. But we haven't been told any ride specifics (how many show scenes, animatronics, if any, were screens involved?) Personally I don't care that they didn't build it, I think the simulator serves a similar purpose and is quite a headliner. To me, coaster doesn't always equal the better attraction, but it would depend on what was planned for the bike coaster.

I'd rather they have lengthened River Journey a bit though instead of cutting the length and drop but I like that it's a family attraction most can ride. And AK has long needed an air conditioned boat ride.

PorterRedkey

Premium Member
I posted this to Twitter and people thought I was crazy (what else is new). What year does Animal Kingdom pass Epcot in attendance on the TEA reports?

Animal Kingdom #s
2015: 10,922,000
2014: 10,402,000
2013: 10,198,000
2012: 9,998,000
2011: 9,783,000
2010: 9,686,000
2009: 9,590,000
2008: 9,540,000
2007: 9,490,000
2006: 8,910,000

Epcot #s
2015: 11,798,000
2014: 11,454,000
2013: 11,229,000
2012: 11,063,000
2011: 10,825,000
2010: 10,825,000
2009: 10,990,000
2008: 10,935,000
2007: 10,930,000
2006: 10,460,000
2018 - for a few years at least.

clemmo

What I heard was there would be a new E or D and the current E would be rethemed Serpico has been fairly consistent on that. Oh, and I am hearing the direction they were heading in on the Stitch replacement at MK may be changing???
Have u heard a time frame on that? I'd assume well into next decade. Good to know they're planning on getting around to dinorama I was hoping after avatar that they'd get there. As for MK it seems like they'd better hurry up because as it is I don't feel like the new additions are going to make it to the 50th

WildcatDen

Have u heard a time frame on that? I'd assume well into next decade. Good to know they're planning on getting around to dinorama I was hoping after avatar that they'd get there. As for MK it seems like they'd better hurry up because as it is I don't feel like the new additions are going to make it to the 50th
Stitch replacement by the 50th. AK additions I do not know. Hinted at 2022 but that is also what I heard for the new country at EPCOT.

clemmo

Looking at the aerial maps they actually have a good amount of space to expand dinoland especially once you knock down dinorama and possibly the theater in the wild.

Top Bottom