New 350 room DVC tower coming to Disneyland Hotel

DanielBB8

Aulani is awfully expensive at over $400 a night. I stayed for 4 nights and stayed at my Hilton Timeshare to enjoy Waikiki. The problem with Aulani is it's located 45 minutes away from other Oahu tourist spots. It's a great place to stay to enjoy the resort itself. The pool area is well worth the money. The activities are great, but high demand means you must reserve your spots early in the morning. Disappointingly, they made their free evening show into a ticketed luau show with meal at over $100 a person. Luckily, Germain's Luau is located 20 minutes away at half the price. If you stay at Aulani, try to get a package price with discount if you stay at least 4 nights and get a free buffet or room credit. Sometimes they offer a DVC room package deal. It's pretty good, but you have to waste 3 hours listening to their timeshare pitch.

Phroobar

Your experience with timeshares sounds like what I’ve heard from many people.

Sorry it did not work out well for you.

I always encourage anyone who sees a timeshare as an investment to instead invest in real estate and continually take in rental income.
Timeshares are for suckers. Invest in a cabin and rent it out is far smarter. At least you got a free toaster out of the Timeshare sales pitch.

jmuboy

New timeshares are for suckers. Scooping up a “used” timeshare for pennies on the dollar (or sometimes for nothing) can get you some pretty cheap vacations.

I certainly get the sense Riviera in WDW and this DLH hotel expansion in DLR will be the last DVC builds we see for a LONG time.

But - in non DVC commentary - I think this expansion overall is GREAT for the DLH and DLR. I still think DLR as a whole could afford more traditional rooms in its inventory. Maybe not for a year or 2 once the economy resets post Covid.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I certainly get the sense Riviera in WDW and this DLH hotel expansion in DLR will be the last DVC builds we see for a LONG time.

But - in non DVC commentary - I think this expansion overall is GREAT for the DLH and DLR. I still think DLR as a whole could afford more traditional rooms in its inventory. Maybe not for a year or 2 once the economy resets post Covid.
Oh I don’t think a recession will have much impact on occupancy rates. Discounts and Disney’s hotel income, sure, but the demand to stay on site is much higher than the stock of rooms, and Disneyland just needs to find the right discounts to fill em up in the new normal. 10% for 3 weeks at a time 3 or 4 times a year probably won’t cut it.

Sharon&Susan

Fresh new concept art:
1605549567618.png

Jiggsawpuzzle35

While I did like Bernie, Luc is my boy.
That’s my all time favorite Kings player. Saw him 10/12 years ago at Universal exiting the Terminator show. I was too chicken to say anything. Another fun fact, while working at ODV on a popcorn wagon next to the Matterhorn, I saw Jamie Storr walk by me. He had an NHLPA shirt which made him stand out.

BrianLo

This did appear in the reel of upcoming projects, so at least verification this is still planned in spite of COVID. Unlike the WDW DVC's.

Stevek

Aulani is awfully expensive at over $400 a night. I stayed for 4 nights and stayed at my Hilton Timeshare to enjoy Waikiki. The problem with Aulani is it's located 45 minutes away from other Oahu tourist spots. It's a great place to stay to enjoy the resort itself. The pool area is well worth the money. The activities are great, but high demand means you must reserve your spots early in the morning. Disappointingly, they made their free evening show into a ticketed luau show with meal at over $100 a person. Luckily, Germain's Luau is located 20 minutes away at half the price. If you stay at Aulani, try to get a package price with discount if you stay at least 4 nights and get a free buffet or room credit. Sometimes they offer a DVC room package deal. It's pretty good, but you have to waste 3 hours listening to their timeshare pitch.
We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 50% of Aulani and loved it. Great beach, great access to the tourist garbage, great overall location. That being said, I'd never go to Oahu again...been there enough.

CastAStone

Premium Member
So...based on the stuff they filed with the city one would have assumed we’d have groundbreaking by now, but I haven’t heard a thing. Anyone heard or seen anything on this? Is it visible from the open parts of DTD or Walnut St?

nmdisfan

Got a cold call from DVC Sales a few weeks ago. We had been previously looking into buying at Riviera and decided to hold off. I told them we were going to hold off until the DVC Tower was built and they said they’d put me down as a call back when sales begin. This was more than what I’d previously been told when I called and they said “we have no info”.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Planning permission is usually sought around Schematic Design, well before Construction Documents are ready.
It’s been 9 months, and permits that appeared to be for this (impossible to know for sure) were filed in December. Any guess as to how long construction docs take?

Darkbeer1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom