New 350 room DVC tower coming to Disneyland Hotel

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That’s really the issue to me. Do I want to pay for DVC and have that view? I can’t imagine this would be a problem for the walnut community given they’ve looked at the other towers for years.
I dunno, DVC owners have a long history of preferring fewest points to best view. Bay Lake sells out its standard view studios at 11 months but can’t get anyone to take their Lake views. Boardwalk, AKV, even to some extent Aulani, same story.

Stevek

I dunno, DVC owners have a long history of preferring fewest points to best view. Bay Lake sells out its standard view studios at 11 months but can’t get anyone to take their Lake views. Boardwalk, AKV, even to some extent Aulani, same story.
But I think all of those that you mentioned, even with their worst views, are far better than what you will see from the west side of this building.

el_super

But I think all of those that you mentioned, even with their worst views, are far better than what you will see from the west side of this building.
Approximation from Google Maps:

1590340019754.png

I don't think it will be THAT bad.... just very so-cal-residential. The sunset views will probably be spectacular.

View attachment 472216

I don't think it will be THAT bad.... just very so-cal-residential. The sunset views will probably be spectacular.

I’m a DVC owner and I don’t think it will be a big deal. That’s why you pay the extra points for a premium view.

I’ve actually stayed at the Disneyland hotel with a standard view that was facing that direction and while I didn’t care much for the view, it was still a great experience and I got to enjoy staying on property, using the pools, and everything else that goes along with staying at the hotel.

I personally cannot wait for this addition. It’s been a long time coming to add more DVC in Anaheim.

jmuboy

View attachment 472216

The view of the coastal range and those homes are better than the south facing parking lot view of the Frontierland Tower!

This tower might have more overall rooms with a “preferable views” than Fantasy or Frontier

jmuboy

You understand, this is a single facing view tower. Every Room main windows face East, towards the Resort and parks. The Main Hallway is on the West End. So the Hallway windows will be the city view. At least that what was in the initial package.

so am I reading this correctly - the tower is planned with a hallway on the Walnut street side and rooms ONLY on the Monorail pool facing side? Any insight to floor plan of the “stair-stepped” wing? Same as the main tower or the traditional Hallway with rooms on both sides layout?

CastAStone

Premium Member
You understand, this is a single facing view tower. Every Room main windows face East, towards the Resort and parks. The Main Hallway is on the West End. So the Hallway windows will be the city view. At least that what was in the initial package.

The image in the post below definitely shows balconies on the side facing the neighborhood. Also a whole back wing.

Images were shared during a neighborhood town Hall credit to the Magic & Walnut twitter page View attachment 471783

TP2000

I think it looks fine looking in from Walnut. But if I’m paying those prices I definitely want a better view than the apartments and houses on Walnut.

Here's the view looking due west from the Fantasy Tower on the 9th floor. I cropped out the pool and convention center as you wouldn't see that, and the DVC rooms would roughly stand where those pine trees are to the left of the hotel's convention center roof. Again, this is from the 9th floor. The DVC tower is 12 floors.

On a clear day you can see Stanton!

DSCN2958-1024x768.jpg

Stevek

I did not know that. Assumed this was a standard hall down the middle with rooms on both facings.

Stevek

I find it interesting that in that model they've got all of Downtown Disney's west side past the monorail beam flattened. As if they actually have a viable plan for that area, especially in the post Covid recession. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was a bit odd though you could still see that outline for the current structures.

lazyboy97o

It’s more odd that there are models of buildings in the background. The model of the new tower is likely the “blueprints” so the other Disneyland Hotel towers make some sense for immediate context, but everything else is so far removed it’s odd that they bothered to add them.

TP2000

It’s more odd that there are models of buildings in the background. The model of the new tower is likely the “blueprints” so the other Disneyland Hotel towers make some sense for immediate context, but everything else is so far removed it’s odd that they bothered to add them.

Exactly. Which is why it's odd they removed only the buildings housing businesses that were closed in 2018.

We're coming up on the second anniversary of cancelling the fourth hotel that would have used all that land. And it's interesting that it's still flattened out, as if there's some viable plan they could accomplish there anytime in the next five years.

I'll be interested to watch the timeline of this new DVC tower construction. Theoretically it's supposed to start construction within a few months and open in 2023. But can you imagine any timeshare company on earth trying to woo people to buy into a timeshare in the current social and economic devastation? I can't.

CastAStone

Premium Member
But can you imagine any timeshare company on earth trying to woo people to buy into a timeshare in the current social and economic devastation? I can't.
I wouldn’t be able to either, except this is a company that announced VGC 6 weeks after Jim Cramer’s “They Know Nothing!” rant and began public filings on Aulani a month later, despite being in the middle of building a secret project that became BLT and having no end in sight for unloading SSR or AKV inventory.

If it’s 8 million points at $225 each (educated guesstimates), that’s $1.8 billion. Not sure how much this hotel will cost but I’m betting they can recoup the build cost in a matter of months (or perhaps go Bugatti style and make you pay before it’s built?)

Phroobar

Anyone notice how that DVC style matched the proposed hotel for the DTD AMC/ESPN zone/Rainforest location. My bet is this a phased hotel build with each tower coming down as a new one opened. They are just picking and choosing which building to build.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom