New 350 room DVC tower coming to Disneyland Hotel

Ismael Flores

spoke to friends that stayed there this past weekend and they really were surprised at the cost of the rooms compared to the quality and upkeep of the hotel.
These are people that travel quite a bit and stay in expensive hotels. They said they encountered issues with the faucets in the restrooms being loose and cabinetry in bad shape. They also said the service was not up to par with other hotels that fall in the same price range.

sounds like the hotel does need another make over

Darkbeer1

A refurb won't fix the service issues.

Maybe UNITE HERE can get the CM's to perform better prior to their next pay and benefits demands.

Edited to add - Management also needs to sit down, rethink their offerings and perks (such as 24 hour room service, even if it is prepared items designed to serve cold, or easy to reheat before delivering). Also staffing levels.

But there needs to be adjustments to the attitudes of some Hotel CM's, plus management there to back them up.

And to those long time CM's, either show up with a smile, and do your job, or asked to be transferred to something ypu prefer to do. And if you don't like the job, plenty of other job options are out there besides Disney.

Management, if CM's are not doing their jobs (and make sure you read all the guests comments, for the multitude of places guests vent when they feel they didn't get good service), write them up, offering positive options including more training, etc. If they keep doing improper things in their jobs, write them up again. And if needed, take the agreed to actions, such as loss of shifts, etc, until you are allowed to terminate them. They are getting decent pay, benefits, and for some, tips. If they aren't doing their job, someone else will want the job. Sometimes some fresh faces and ideas helps bring everyone up and performing better.

I remember when other companies used to send folks to attend Disney Seminars. Maybe Disney needs to attend Hilton, Marriott, Four Seasons training classes.

Last edited:

Stevek

Images were shared during a neighborhood town Hall credit to the Magic & Walnut twitter page
2EF7A7F4-D57C-44DC-91FF-A50C2204756B.jpeg

Last edited:

drizgirl

To be fair, they are trying to make it work within the pretty drab architecture of the Disneyland hotel
Yeah, unfortunately I think that's the issue.

I haven't kept up. Do we have confirmation it's really going forward in spite of the current change in economic conditions?

Darkbeer1

>>Disney unveiled new renderings and blueprints for a planned 350-room Disney Vacation Club time-share tower at the Disneyland Hotel that show a tiered section with grand villa rooftop balconies, poolside garden units and an intriguing interactive water feature.

The new Disneyland DVC details were revealed during a town hall webinar for Anaheim residents in the Walnut Street neighborhood next to the planned project on Thursday, May 21.

The town hall presentation suggests that the Disneyland DVC project is still in the works despite Disney’s plans to pause $900 million in construction and refurbishment projects at its theme parks as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, according to the company’s latest quarterly report.

Disney’s two Anaheim theme parks, three hotels and outdoor shopping mall remain closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Plans for the Disneyland DVC project are still under review by the city of Anaheim. No announcement has been made about when construction will begin.

“As with all projects, this proposed plan will go through a series of reviews as part of the project approval process with the city of Anaheim,” according to Disney officials. “Right now, we are in the entitlement process with the city, which is a continuation of an application submitted back on November 22, 2019.”

A final site plan and conditional use permit application for a proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort next to the Disneyland Hotel was filed in January with the city of Anaheim.

Disney has set a 2023 proposed opening date for the 12-story Disney Vacation Club tower. Construction is estimated to take 3 to 4 years, which could push back the proposed 2023 opening date.

The proposal for the new DVC property is still in the early planning stages and details could change. The proposed 280,000-square-foot DVC time-share tower would be built on approximately 2 acres next to the Disneyland Hotel.

The blueprints revealed during the town hall webinar show an L-shaped DVC complex with a 12-story tower in the front and a tiered section in the rear that descends to five stories.

A pool, spa and interactive water feature intended for exclusive use by DVC members are tucked behind the planned tower. A Mickey-shaped spa touted by Disney was not shown in the plans.

Neighborhood residents were shown concept art of a larger, more visually appealing Walnut Street setback with additional green space developed in partnership with the city of Anaheim, according to Disney officials.

Renderings of the rear of the DVC tower show the view South Walnut Street residents would have of the planned project. Trees lining the street cover most of the DVC tower rendering.

“The part of the tower that extends toward Walnut Street behind the #DisneylandHotel complex will be built with a stair step effect to be less visually imposing on the neighborhood behind it,” according to Twitter user @MagicAndWalnut.

The tiered section of the Disneyland DVC tower would rise from a maximum building height of 60 feet to 140 feet, according to plans shown during the town hall webinar.

The Disneyland DVC tower plans showed a pair of garden units next to the pool.

Designs for the Disney Vacation Club property at the Disneyland Hotel are still evolving, according to Disney officials.

A scale model rendering of the Disneyland DVC tower show approximately 10 expansive grand villa rooftop balconies of the multi-level tiered section of the building overlooking the Walnut Street neighborhood.

A sound wall is planned west of the pool to dampen noise for Walnut Street residents.

The Disney Vacation Club tower project area is located on a grassy area between Walnut Street and the Disneyland Hotel’s Frontier Tower, swimming pool and convention center.

Disney canceled construction of a planned 2021 Downtown Disney hotel after Anaheim eliminated a tax rebate agreement worth $267 million to the company. Hotel construction had been set to begin on a 17-acre parcel between the original Disneyland Hotel and the Downtown Disney Monorail station when Disney cancelled the expansion plans in October 2018. Disney officials said the proposed Disney Vacation Club and the former hotel proposal are two completely different projects.

The Disney Vacation Club debuted in 1991 as a flexible points-based membership system rather than the traditional fixed-week time-share model. The club’s 220,000 members have access to more than a dozen DVC resorts around the globe.<<

Stevek

The only thing I can conclude is that @Stevek is an Anaheim resident in the Walnut neighborhood. But then why is he a Kings and not a Ducks fan?
Haha. Nope, I just happened to see the post on twitter and thought it would be of interest here. I was born and raised in Torrance hence my love for the Kings. I live in Corona now. That being said, I did work within a mile of of Disneyland from 1992-2006, much of that right next to the Ducks practice facility. The Angels were the only OC team to get my rooting interests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom