New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

djlaosc

It's not helped by your countrymen who come annually and stay for a month, but would never take a trip to Anaheim, let alone Paris.

Oh, and they have the PR already written for the next two rounds of increases, you can be sure.

What I want to know is why Disney do not promote Anaheim to us (UK), but our "Florida adverts" seem to be completely filmed in California?

Our latest one shows Great Moments with Mr Lincoln in the background of a Main Street shot, outside Tea Cups, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, and California's Main Street Bakery.

Our advert uses part of this one...

Previous adverts have used Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters as well.

Obviously they would prefer that we went to WDW over Anaheim, but why not give us what I would guess are American adverts for Florida, instead of what I would guess are American adverts for California? They don't care, and just don't think that we notice - even though we all sit and point what is California and what is Florida every year - why not advertise Epcot/DHS/DAK/TL/BB?
It would be interesting to see if they could get in trouble for "false advertising" - after all, our tea cups have a roof on them and I can't watch Great Moments with Mr Lincoln in Orlando.

We have done Paris in 2000 and are looking at Anaheim in 2018.

captainkidd

Please forgive me as I wave my magical bracelet in your face.

Did you know that maybe by 2017, Snow White will be able to call my kid by her name without asking? Not to mention that I will be able to order food at Be Our Guest on the interwebz well before my trip! Take THAT Universal!

Yeesh, and you think Disney isn't all about the Guest experience? n00b...

<runs away quickly>

Who wants to order their food before leaving home?:confused:

xstech25

The prices go up every June at Disney and Universal. it's been like that for awhile now and with both Disney and Comcast making large investments in the parks over the next several years I wouldn't expect to see that change. My guess would be next year or the year after to see a $100 1 day/park for both properties.

In regards to MK it shouldn't surprise anyone, this was long overdue because MKs attendance blows the other 3 away. The only reason they didn't do it before was probably stubbornness, but I think they realized that even though they don't really want day trippers (obviously they'd much rather have people stay on property for a real vacation), but having a $95 gate price for someone that is in town for a day and doesn't want to go a "kiddie park" (general public perception) they may not be willing to pay the $95 for one of the other three and go somewhere else instead.

Also even though a vacation to WDW is absurdly expensive I don't think anyone can argue that, the only way they can maintain their profit margins is by raising prices. The dollar inflates, the prices go up for everything every year. Prices for gas goes up, prices for employees benefits go up, prices for materials goes up, prices for parts goes up, etc.

Also I know a lot of people don't want to hear this, but record revenues every year is how Iger keeps his job. Walt Disney is the worlds biggest and most successful entertainment company and Wall Street has extremely high expectations in terms of performance, so if they don't raise prices when the market dictates that they can the top execs would get grilled for not making that decision. It happened with Card Walker and Ron Miller who were there before Michael Eisner. Also I highly doubt Iger decides the ticket prices, they have a whole floor in their finance offices in Celebration that is dedicated towards strategic pricing and teams of marketers, planners, etc that decide what the prices are.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Who wants to order their food before leaving home?:confused:
Your point is invalid.

<waves the magical bracelet in your face again>

DISNEY MAGIC MEMORIES!!!!

See? It's my Park Ticket, my Charge Card, my Room Key and my Fast Pass all in a plastic device manufactured by kids in China and interconnected with a broken website all for a measly 1 - 2 billion dollars of Park investment.

MAGIC!!!!

Seriously though, apparently some people at Disney think this is a good idea. Staggs made it a point at D11.

captainkidd

Just saw that part about the MK tickets being $5 more than the other parks. Not that it would affect my family in the least, but I find that hilarious (and slightly embarrassing.) Obviously, Disney thinks they're saying "This is the best park in the world so it's worth it!" It comes off to me like "We know we haven't done jack squat in our theme parks in Orlando recently, so we're not gonna charge as much to get into the other 3 as the MK."

sbkline

I ordered our APs last week, so as to beat the price increase. I plan to use them for our 2014 trip (we actually leave one year from today, to check in on Tuesday June 3 for 12 nights), our 2015 trip (right after school is out in May) and a short Christmas trip in between. I paid $611 per person (including tax) for the APs, and I figure we will spend 8 days (possibly 9) in the parks on the spring trips and 3 days on the Christmas trip. So that would be 19 days in the parks, at $611, or about $32.16 per day, not to mention beating next year's price increase as well. That's not too bad I guess, even though I'm not a fan of the price increase, obviously.

fillerup

Question - I didn't see anything on the list - are Epcot after 4 tickets a thing of the past? Or has this been the case for a while and I wasn't aware?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What I want to know is why Disney do not promote Anaheim to us (UK), but our "Florida adverts" seem to be completely filmed in California?

Our latest one shows Great Moments with Mr Lincoln in the background of a Main Street shot, outside Tea Cups, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, and California's Main Street Bakery.

Our advert uses part of this one...

Previous adverts have used Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters as well.

Obviously they would prefer that we went to WDW over Anaheim, but why not give us what I would guess are American adverts for Florida, instead of what I would guess are American adverts for California? They don't care, and just don't think that we notice - even though we all sit and point what is California and what is Florida every year - why not advertise Epcot/DHS/DAK/TL/BB?
It would be interesting to see if they could get in trouble for "false advertising" - after all, our tea cups have a roof on them and I can't watch Great Moments with Mr Lincoln in Orlando.

We have done Paris in 2000 and are looking at Anaheim in 2018.

This ad is a reworking of a generic "Disney Parks" ad that is mostly limited to online distribution (I think).

I had not seen the UK version, and find it amusing that it was so obviously DLC, but they refer only to WDW in the voiceover. Heck, they even show the WRONG Castle in the video (that's one of my Sourin' at EPCOT gripes as well...they didn't even change the movie!)...

I do note that at the end of the US version they put the WDW planning number on it...

xstech25

"As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory."

This sentence is pure non-sense garbage that Disney is known for these days.

Are Guests demanding the prices go up because Disney World is such a "value" or is Disney saying it's 100% OK because Guests feel the parks are such a "value?"

And for goodness sake, please release a press statement without mentioning "memories." You should read the internal Cast publications, all they mention are MEMORIES.
Because when they take those surveys either on the tablets that research employees have, or people fill out online after their vacation, most of the people click "great value" when that question comes up...

aladdin2007

Question - I didn't see anything on the list - are Epcot after 4 tickets a thing of the past? Or has this been the case for a while and I wasn't aware?

Great question, but it was still available last month so I dont think its been done away with, unless it is come tomorrow?

TalkingHead

So when Avatar opens in 4 years (ha!), will the 1-day ticket to DAK be the same as MK's? Or will it still be perceived (and evidently marketed) as an inferior park?

Also, I wonder how/if the pricing might affect the long-rumo(u)red expansion to DHS. It's as if Disney's admitting the park isn't up to snuff, so perhaps it makes the expansion seem less necessary. After all, its one-day ticket is priced accordingly.

Since the one-day ticket is such an uncommon option (I mean really, how many people buy a one-day ticket to DHS or DAK?), I really don't understand why they created the MK + the Other Parks pricing for a ticket that is probably not purchased all that much. Other than giving a black eye to the other parks (and indirectly giving points to Universal), I don't see what was accomplished.

Darth Tater

Not surprised. But, again, as long as people (like us) continue to pay those prices, there's just no end to the annual increases!:mad::eek:
This nails it! I guarantee you if business took a large dip, the parks would be forced to add some (quality) new attractions, and this annual kick-in-the-wallet would cease. If many decided to just take a 1 year hiatus from Disney to prove a point, could you imagine the major announcements & additions that would be green-lit soon after?

This only happens because we allow it to happen.

DizFiz

I went broke the minute I hit the welcome gate.... I went to go grab my wallet and it flashed away right before my eyes.

I usually can side with Disney on the increasing considering what they have in the parks but now I totally feel like it has gone to far. It has hit the point to where it feels like overpaying for what certain parks have to offer... I know the shows at DHS cost a pretty penny to run but a up charge off a ticket for that really... I can get the same thrills TT offers in a abandoned parking lot and your talking about a TT fanatic here. I say retire the crappy attractions in hope that it can trim the price down. So for $5 more I get the pleasure of walking right past SGE... Sadly, Disney can keep jacking it up and I will continue to pay as its Disney we are talking about here.

Figments Friend

Wah waaah, continue paying more for less!

It really should be the other way around, reduce the price of the other three parks. I can't see how anyone in their right mind would pay for a one day, one park for DHS or DAK.

(raises hand)
I did...once...
recently for DAK....yes, i did.

I did not want to blow a day on my multi-day PH pass as i had other plans in the evening. So i paid for a day pass at DAK.

Yeah...i did...it was a strange feeling. Call me nuts, but i like the atmosphere there.

articos

If the parks are doing well numbers-wise, you can usually expect a price hike, and if the numbers are especially strong, a higher percentage hike. So far this year, attendance is very strong, compared to the previous several years. Plus, Universal did their annual bump, and Disney cannot allow Universal to be more expensive for long, as the perception then becomes Universal has a reason for being the most expensive. Whether or not that's the truth, Disney cannot allow that, being the gorilla in the room. Even if that gorilla's getting old and toothless.

I am surprised at the severity of some of these hikes though, and think Disney's numbers guys are being allowed to do things that will hurt in the medium-to-long term, if not show an effect next year, even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom