NEW 2006-07 WDW Official Album Track Listing!!!

teebin

Aah...... duh, I bet that you are correct here! Thanks for pointing out the website theme music.

If you goto the official Epcot website at disneyworld.com, it's the song snippet that plays.

PS: I could be wrong, not having heard the official album yet, but i'm pretty sure i'm right.

Slowjack

Nothing beats the old school Official Album of Disneyland & Walt Disney World with Listen to the Land, Tomorrow's Child, Universe of Energy. Man, so many great, nostaligic songs on that album. I had originally bought it on tape when I was younger, left it in my friend's grandfather's truck, never to be seen again. 2 years ago I won an auction on Ebay for the CD, worth every penny. It's amazing how music can take you back to a certain place and time.
Ahh...I had that same tape! I think I still have it, actually, but I have nothing that plays tapes any more (except an old boombox). You're right, it's a great trip back in time. Don't forget "Energy, You Make the World go 'Round."

TheOneVader

When is this coming out? I'm interested in Legacy, Lights Motors Action, and CTX Theme. Finally, LMA music! I've been wanting it for a while but evidentally no one else cares.

wendysmom

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm a newbie and don't think I should start a new thread...Is there a cd out there with the pre-Illuminations World Showcase music? I absolutely love walking in the dark with the torches all lit listening to it! When I ask about it, I'm directed to the Illuminations cd.:brick: If anyone would know, I know the experts here would!

SirNim

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm a newbie and don't think I should start a new thread...Is there a cd out there with the pre-Illuminations World Showcase music? I absolutely love walking in the dark with the torches all lit listening to it! When I ask about it, I'm directed to the Illuminations cd.:brick: If anyone would know, I know the experts here would!
There is no one officially-released CD with the Illuminations preshow background music.

But here's a track listing for the 1999-2004 version:

and for the 2004-current version:

:)

Montu

Yeah, there's lots of know-it-alls around here that don't-know-much. Too many people will just type "do a search" than answer the question.

The pre-illuminations music was never released on CD (by Disney at least) though many of hte tracks are on albums from the original composers. As for the loop itself, someone did get a source quality MP3 of it and post it up. You'll likely find it at www.mousebits.com for download.

I have 25+ gig of park audio, so it's hard to keep track of where each one came from, but MouseBits is your best bet. If it's not there, send me a private message and I'll see if I can find it. It's 30 min long so it would be too big to email.

I'm surprised by all the complaints about "not enough new material"...
there are NINE NEW TRACKS people, and many of these are being included as a direct result of input from fans. Yes, Randy Thornton IS listening to us. That's why "Legacy," "Honey I Shrunk the Audience," and "Energy Adventure Medley" have been added this year, with the promise of more new tracks next year. I, for one, am beside myself with anticipation, and am also looking forward to the tracklist for the new Disneyland OA which will also feature 9 new tracks this year.

Buford

there are NINE NEW TRACKS people, and many of these are being included as a direct result of input from fans. Yes, Randy Thornton IS listening to us. That's why "Legacy," "Honey I Shrunk the Audience," and "Energy Adventure Medley" have been added this year, with the promise of more new tracks next year. I, for one, am beside myself with anticipation, and am also looking forward to the tracklist for the new Disneyland OA which will also feature 9 new tracks this year.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Montu

there are NINE NEW TRACKS people

And how many of the other tracks are re-re-re-re-re-re-releases?

SURPRISE!

So you're telling me it's worth $25-30 for nine music tracks? Because that's *all you get* if you own pretty much any other WDW music album.

I totally get that it's done because your average guest expects the classics - fine - so release a classic attraction CD that never changes, and a seperate CD with new stuff every year or two.

Like I said- I for one will not even consider paying for this new album because I'm just utterly fed up with the fact that they release the same thing year after year after year and put a small handful of new tracks to make you buy it.

Buford

Montu, there isn't that big of a market for obscure tracks that 60%+ of guets won't outright recognized.... Disney/WDR/RedDotNet been there/done that with WDWF.....and it will be hard to convince any kind of management to go for such a release. the only thing I can hope for is iTunes, and that would solve all our problems....

but please remember that producer Randy Thornton is trying his absolute hardest, and I for one will support his endeavor to release park music in the only possible way at this point, while showing Disney that there is a market for this stuff.

dizkid03

Original Poster
i second that buford! i mean look at it this way if they released a cd of all enw msuic thered be nothing left to release it would still be the same stuff every year after. so why are you complaining youd still say the same thing if theat happened anyways! randy thornton listens to the fans and does everything he can to get this new msuic released. its not an easy world, the music industry. i have been in contact with randy since march about a petition i made for getting a cd rleeased of bruce broughton music from attractions hes scored at disney theme parks. he sent me a message a few months ago saying thanks for the message we should have results. voila! we do, we finally get a ellen's energy adventure music track, hooray!!! besides i don't mind buying the new official albms with old msuic on it, i love them alot, so... and besides most of the time they are improved sound quality and or fixed tracks or differently arranged. so please those of you who complain, get a life!!! if you read this randy, thank you!!!

Montu

i second that buford! i mean look at it this way if they released a cd of all enw msuic thered be nothing left to release it would still be the same stuff every year after. so why are you complaining youd still say the same thing if theat happened anyways! randy thornton listens to the fans and does everything he can to get this new msuic released. its not an easy world, the music industry. i have been in contact with randy since march about a petition i made for getting a cd rleeased of bruce broughton music from attractions hes scored at disney theme parks. he sent me a message a few months ago saying thanks for the message we should have results. voila! we do, we finally get a ellen's energy adventure music track, hooray!!! besides i don't mind buying the new official albms with old msuic on it, i love them alot, so... and besides most of the time they are improved sound quality and or fixed tracks or differently arranged. so please those of you who complain, get a life!!! if you read this randy, thank you!!!

Get a life? I've traveled all over the world. I'd call that having a life much more than listening to a CD! It's *extremely rare* that the tracks are fixed up or changed in any way - simply re-released. The 6 disc set was fantastic- because that actually DID involve complete re-do's, and I bought that the first day it hit the shelf without hessitation.

But anyone that can sit here and say "I'm GLAD that I have the same ten songs on seven different CDs that I each paid full price for" is totally full of it and simply trying to fluff the issue to get the attention of Randy who, in this case, you all look at as some type of celebrity that you want to be friends with.

Like I said - fantastic that Randy cares about the fans - just as anyone in his spot SHOULD, but rarely does. I think that's great. But it's inexcuseable that the company (not Randy) cannot come up with something original to match the continued rising price.

You want to release the same music over and over? Do a quality set like the Disneyland 6 disc, remaster all the sound and I will GLADLY buy it. But until then, I've said it and I stand by it, I will not pay for another rehash album. MP3 downloads from the net work perfectly for the same results.

Joevn

Didn't they have a parade only CD a few years ago? Maybe they should update it with the new parade music.

Yeah, it's called "Disney's Magic in the Streets - Parade Memories" and was originally released during the 100 Years of Magic Celebration

0767M.jpg

Now that Share A Dream Come True is no more (at least the music and globes) maybe they will release a new CD. My hope is that they release a CD specifically for the Year of A Million Dreams and have not only the "Disney Dreams Come True" Parade music, but also the soundtrack for the "Dream Along With Mickey" Castle stage show.

Joe

DisneyDragon

Get a life? I've traveled all over the world. I'd call that having a life much more than listening to a CD! It's *extremely rare* that the tracks are fixed up or changed in any way - simply re-released. The 6 disc set was fantastic- because that actually DID involve complete re-do's, and I bought that the first day it hit the shelf without hessitation.

But anyone that can sit here and say "I'm GLAD that I have the same ten songs on seven different CDs that I each paid full price for" is totally full of it and simply trying to fluff the issue to get the attention of Randy who, in this case, you all look at as some type of celebrity that you want to be friends with.

Like I said - fantastic that Randy cares about the fans - just as anyone in his spot SHOULD, but rarely does. I think that's great. But it's inexcuseable that the company (not Randy) cannot come up with something original to match the continued rising price.

You want to release the same music over and over? Do a quality set like the Disneyland 6 disc, remaster all the sound and I will GLADLY buy it. But until then, I've said it and I stand by it, I will not pay for another rehash album. MP3 downloads from the net work perfectly for the same results.

I think you're failing to consider the fact that what you are demanding would satisfy a relatively small consumer market. Simply put, why should Disney release a CD of tracks that only a relative handful of people would even recognize. Don't get me wrong - I was ecstatic to find all of the versions of Fun To Be Free, and the entire recording of the Peoplemover in Disneyland (that was extremely tough to find in the days prior to Mousebits) - but business wisdom prevails here.

The cost of mastering and re-mastering a cd, then production, then the retail space (sales per linear foot for shelved product is driving factor)...for what represents maybe 1% of guests...no way. Disney wants the average guest to be able to pick up a cd at register side POS, that they can listen to and say..."Oh that's from the Pirates ride...". It's fans like us that want the specific loop of the unloading ramp, for example.

And Disney is being very, very smart about this - traditional media is simply cost-prohibitive to satisfy us, so they are going to e-media...namely iTunes. Over time, I would guess that you are going to be able to find just about any track, and why not? For a long time now, we have been able to find decent quality tracks on-line...now Disney is going to tap into that, and attach a revenue stream to it.

If you are a fan like me (who also bought the DL set), then pay $0.99 for a rare loop is a non-issue, meaning iTunes is the way to go, as opposed to a 40 cd set (that's what 30 GBs of audio would take up).

dizkid03

Original Poster
it has not been released yet i will post a message when it is. as a person at wdw mail order will e-mail me when it has been released!

Montu

I think you're failing to consider the fact that what you are demanding would satisfy a relatively small consumer market.

Woah Woah Woah!

When did I ever demand anything? I simply said that I am through paying for the same music over and over, and the point being made was that the people on here that claim to be glad that every album they own have the same 10-15 tracks are simply kissing up to Randy Thornton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom