Negative Threads!!!

njchris65

Originally posted by Fievel
That was an inside jab that a lot of us understood, but not you...I suggest you stay out of this....

And yes, I am nasty.....thank you for noticing.

Are you sure you aren't a plant from the universal parks? :lol: (that's a joke, by the way! or at least I hope so.)

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
When a negative post shows up its alright- if its done correctly. By using constructive critisim in making your point you have a valid post. People can join the conversation and add to it or offer a counterpoint.

When a person attacks your opinion just because their opinion differs from yours is what bothers me. Phrases like "I can't believe you are serious about not taking children to WDW until they are 6 years old" or "are you crazy JIYI totally sucks. you must be brain dead to enjoy that ride" totaly turn a legit topic into a flame war. People have to remember to keep their emotins in check when making a post.

And the comment about tnkrbel was justified. Thats all I'll say

If you think that the board is too negative, do something about it!

Make posts that contribute the the forum. I ahve started the Attraction of the day. DO something along the same lines. Create an unusual or inovative topic. Then you will see all that negative energy vanish.

Tramp

Originally posted by tinkrbel
well I was told to find a nicer place and so I did :) I dont see where any one thinks all the negative post and ugly things said to and about people are very helpful .. So .. I went looking for some place where people were nice ..they still may not always agree ..but they dont disagree with insults

tnkrbel:
....apparently, you don't find your comments 'insulting' to most of us here so there's no benefit trying to reason with you. So you can just

EAT

MY

SHORTS !

...and make sure you include me on your list of people who aren't 'nice.'

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
OH MY GOD !!!!!!

Tramp
you are my new hero!!!!!!!!!

That was so great!!!!!!

*bows down to the master*

HAHA!!!!!!

Appearently she doesn't like my advice :animwink:

MKCustodial

*wonders if anybody know that kumbaya song*

Guys, don't you think enough is enough? The thread about negative threads became the most negative I've seen here. I may be "newer" than a lot of people, but I did notice tnkrbel was a regular, and I don't understand where did THAT come from !! :eek:
Seriously though, the whole "opinions are opinions" aside, there's also civility. People in a discussion board should be able to face disagreements.

Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?:sohappy:

Also, let's move on, huh? :hammer:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by MKCustodial
*wonders if anybody know that kumbaya song*

Guys, don't you think enough is enough? The thread about negative threads became the most negative I've seen here. I may be "newer" than a lot of people, but I did notice tnkrbel was a regular, and I don't understand where did THAT come from !! :eek:
Seriously though, the whole "opinions are opinions" aside, there's also civility. People in a discussion board should be able to face disagreements.

Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?:sohappy:

Also, let's move on, huh? :hammer:

This is from a very old situation...one which I'm not going to explain now, but she took a shot at us with that comment....she doesn't want to contribute,she just wants to make a snide comment.

I suggest you get the facts.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Fievel

This is from a very old situation...one which I'm not going to explain now, but she took a shot at us with that comment....she doesn't want to contribute,she just wants to make a snide comment.

I suggest you get the facts.

No need to explain, I saw what happen. And you don't need to start on me either. All I meant with my post was to lighten up the thread. As I said before, it started about negative threads and BECAME one. We all should be spending our time on better subjects, positive OR negative, instead of attacking each other.

And again, I don't mean you, Fievel, but whoever started the fight, be it tnkrbel or whoever. :D

no2apprentice

Originally posted by FutureCEO
you have to say the truth whether its good or bad.

"Ah, but what is truth? Is truth unchanging laws?
We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?"

I have not been a member for very long, and I may not have as many posts as some members who joined after I did, but it seems to me that there is a fine line between people having a difference of opinion, and people using unnecessary put downs, overstating their dislike of something, or implying that if someone doesn't think the way they do, then that someone is stupid, full of crap, etc., etc. I think Steve and the moderators, and the long time members, do an excellent job keeping people in check, but sometimes things start to get out of hand, or get on that fine line, before a moderator may notice (or have it brought to their attention).

The problem with saying that if people don't like a thread, they shouldn't read it and move on, goes against the nature of a forum. If you don't like a thread, and express an opinion that is different than the majority of the posts in the thread, you should at least have the good sense to express your difference in a civil way. And, you should have the maturity to realize that if you are in the minority, you are going to get alot of comments against your opinion. I have seen this happen more than once, and then the person in the minority gets upset and the thread goes "tense", until a moderator steps in and calms things down.

I see people make the comment from time to time about "freedom of speech" on this forum. No, we have a freedom of speech only to the extent that it complies with rules of this forum, something we all agreed to when we joined.

Some of us see the glass half-empty. Some of us see the glass half-full. For those of us who want to argue there is no glass at all, that's why we have the rules: to keep a common ground of cilvility.

The Mom

Premium Member
I think there are problems when folks start taking things (and themselves) too seriously! Yes, I'm going to react when someone says something hateful, especially when the remark is addressed to myself, or one of my forum kids (I suspect they would be the same...keep that in mind before you attack me. ;)) But I try not to get bent out of shape when someone disagrees with me...heck, even my husband and I don't always see eye to eye, and I love him more than anyone in the world! But even when you disagree with me, I would hope you still respect my opinion, as I try to see your point of view in turn.

However, I don't appreciate "smart-" remarks and put-downs, whether they are directed at me, or someone else. Please try to remain civil, even when someone makes a "lame" post, or brings up a previously discussed topic. And if someone gives you a little constructive (or not so constructive) criticism, please don't get upset!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Thank you for understanding and helping to explain.

Hey, I was wondering if somebody could check to see if h.ell is freezing over.....somebody understood :):fork:

NowInc

We are being negative about the negativity in the negativity thread...so doesnt that mean we are being positive???

arg..now i've gone crosseyed...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
That's one of those things you read over and over and try to figure out until your brain short circuits.....then the next morning they'll find ya in the middle of the floor.....

Buzzforprez

Yeah you're right. Disney World sucks!!! You should all stop going. Especially around the Thanksgiving Holiday into December. A trip then would be miserable.
Hope I don't see you there then. That would be a bad time to go.

Negative comments from some are just out of jealousy. But some of the comments are being made in an effort to make better what we all are so fond of already. Hard to be optimistic while sitting hunderds of miles away on a computer and longing to be in the magic.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom