Negative Threads!!!

Davis224

Original Poster
I love this site and i love these threads. They use to be great places to find out information that otherwise would go unheard by most Disney folks. The site is a good place to live in the Disney state of mind when you can't actually be there....
But lately all the threads seem to be completely negative..

This is bad.... That needs taken out because it's horrible. . . . What's up with so and so...

I'm I the only one who is getting this impression lately

tenchu

We hate you!
ha ha, only joking.
No there have been a few negative comments,k but you get them wherever you go.

Davis224

Original Poster
Oh yeah, I totally understand that. I expect every thread to have the possibility to go negative or even a thread every now and then.
It just seems that lately threads have been coming up that are asking people to confirm negative things about WDW

We have noticed that, and have to admit that we have made a negative post from time to time. Alot of it has to do with venting a little frustration. Seeing things like watching park hours get shorter and shorter every year, and going to the MK, for example, and seeing empty and/or closed up buildings grow and grow with nothing replacing them while ticket prices go up and up, it all kind of gets to you a little. I think some people see the forums as an opportunity to vent a little, get things off their chest. We do agree that there is such a thing as going overboard though.

NowInc

As i've said a few times already....part of what makes this forum so great is the fact that we dont sugarcoat everything....being told "as it is" is much better than someone being foolishly optimistic and thus giving you misleading information ;)

MKCustodial

That's true, we gotta deal with the good stuff... :D and the bad stuff... :mad:

It's part of life, I guess. :rolleyes: The only place we can escape from it is... well, you all know. :p

ToTBellHop

when people say Disney will turn into another Universal the second Carousel of Progress closes, they are being absurd and that irritates me beyond belief. As for the recent cuts in hours...disney didn't have much of a choice. If you continue to go in the red, stockholders get mad and your stock prices plummet. I would rather have each park lose an hour every day than have the company continue to lose money and start cancelling projects. I respect how they have dealt with this recession. I also think we have more attractions now than ever before...despite closings. I lack the time to count them all, but I'm fairly certain this is the case. I'm not going to get into the argument over why disney closes attractions again...as for empty buildings, pretend they are facades like at MGM:) The fact of the matter is places like the Magic Kingdom are not in extreme need of new attractions. Given the amount of money disney is spending on other resorts/attractions, you cannot expect them to fill all empty buildings. There are certain priorities and business doesn't really need to expand a park that sees 15000000 guests a year over a park that sees 7000000. Am I trying to sugar-coat stuff? No. I'm taking the business perspective...hmmm.."magic doesn't grow on trees"?

tinkrbel

well I was told to find a nicer place and so I did :) I dont see where any one thinks all the negative post and ugly things said to and about people are very helpful .. So .. I went looking for some place where people were nice ..they still may not always agree ..but they dont disagree with insults

WDWsmith2001

I have to say I too have posted "negative" threads. Although till now I did'nt realize the ratio of negative to possitive topics. I just want to say I love WDW and Disney in general, I guess I just got caught up in all the changes being made at my beloved parks. Although I won't stop commenting when I feel WDW has lost some of it's magic, I also won't loose sight of all the great things as well. Thank You for this thread, It made me step back and remember all the great things Disney is and will continue to be.

NowInc

It boils down to if you cant handle a bit of negativity..then dont read..that simple...I personally thing its refreshing to have a disney board where everyone isnt acting like Disney is flawless...

We arent half as bad as Disney Blues here...so I really dont see what the big problem is....I appoligize of being "down to earth" scares people off...but hey..there are tons of other disney forums out there who like to run on pixy dust...so you wont have too much of a problem finding a stereotypical "disney board"...

The Mom

Premium Member
Also, you must remember that this is a discussion forum, so the mood of the board is constantly changing. All it takes is one or two "negative" but vocal posters to make the board feel negative, and vice versa...if you think things are too critical, post a positive thread. ;) I've seen posters complain that no one is allowed to post ANYTHING negative about Disney here, and others complain that TOO much being allowed. I suspect that the truth is somewhere in the middle, right where it belongs! ;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Bah Humbug. :zipit:
I thought that was the point of forums like these. An opertunity for like minded individuals to share thoughts and experiences. I know its unreasonable to expect Disney to be perfect but it is a unique organisation. People who post here have a great affection for the place, but are hopefully worldly wise enough to realise at the end of the day its still a big corporation. Like all big corporations they need gentle reminders from us their customer exactlly what we expect in return for our custom. If that results in the odd warented criticism there big enough to take it, and as long as its not personal. posters here should be mature enough to understand others entitelment to express there views.

If you think this is bad perhaps you should visit the boards of Scotlands too biggest footbal teams!! And of course its all done in the best possible taste. :veryconfu

Maria

Originally posted by happy snapper
and as long as its not personal, posters here should be mature enough to understand others entitelment to express there views.
Well said.

Originally posted by The Mom
Also, you must remember that this is a discussion forum, so the mood of the board is constantly changing.

Well said too Mom!
:sohappy:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by The Mom
Also, you must remember that this is a discussion forum, so the mood of the board is constantly changing. All it takes is one or two "negative" but vocal posters to make the board feel negative, and vice versa...if you think things are too critical, post a positive thread. ;)

Exactly, like the "Happiest Memory" one that is going on now. :animwink:
I think we can't lose track that we're supposed to state our feelings and opinions here. And even though the inside of WDW is magic, sometimes people miss that magic, like when we share bad hotel experiences. Also, management decisions will never please EVERYBODY, so we need a place to vent.

If you feel too dpressed with the negativity, watch Peter Pan or something! :D

cm1988

Bring it on

No problem with constructive criticism or diversity of opinion.

One 'downer' is that, along with the criticism, the language occasionally gets a bit salty. :(

After... what... 150+ posts on this site I'm feeling a sense of community. Thanks to all who share the encouraging trip reports, news and ideas to make WDW even better. And to those who share an issue or two, as well.:)

2much2do

I too, have realized a bit of negativity in the posts, but as has been so nicely commented....this is really what forums are all about. Diversity, opinions, differences and similarities. While I can't say I enjoy hearing about the negative (but, unfortunately true) things about Disney, the adult in me likes to be informed about everything Disney, good and bad. Sure, I would love to read more "Disney is perfect" posts, and when I get some time I will start some happy threads. But, I find is interesting to get everyone's different takes on things. CM always have interesting things to say about where they work, and some on these boards have been goingto WDW a lot more and for a lot longer than I have, and I also love hearing their insights.

The only things I object to are personal insults and "bad" language. We can all stand a little reminder to "play nicely" from time to time. :)

One thing to keep in mind

When you are a diehard fan of anything.....you are almost always the harshest critic. You are not going to get the person who has been to WDW once or twice to complain about those pesky monitors in SE or the fact that Carousel of Progress needs to be open more. We may complain alot, but when it comes down to it, we LOVE WDW!!!!!!!! :sohappy: :king: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom