Negative Threads!!!

DanStat

Remember that this is a forum. A forum is a place for people to voice their opinions, negative or otherwise. No ones to say that you opinion is wrong. But, if you do find something wrong, or negative, say something about it! That's the only way of getting something changed! If you want something done, say something.

I've always found this board to be quite positive. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of a negative thread. I mean maybe our definitons of negative are different.

I'm sure most negativity is taken care of if it gets too far.

njchris65

Just to add my 2 cents worth...

Also keep in mind when getting involved in negative threads that it is EASY to join the crowd and it can sometimes snowball into something more than it was meant to be.

I havent been coming here very long but it seems lately all there are posts about what ride to get rid of or what's wrong with this or that... it takes the magic out of things when MOST of the posts are complaints. It's not enough for some to just post they are not into Ride XXXX, or to be constructive, but they have to say how horrible it is and it should be junked(some posts seem extreme).

There's a difference between the two.

Davis224

Original Poster
Oh I totally agree, there is nothing wrong with the diversity.
And man believe you me, I know what it's like to need to vent every now and again.

And I think everybody does agree that management does suck sometimes!

I just thought that there seemed to be an abundance lately. I have nothing against negative threads, not in the least, I started a really mean one the other day :D

I just thought there seemed to be a lot lately

ToTBellHop

I'm not against negative posts about decisions the company makes...if you start a thread on Journey Into Your Imagination, I will be the FIRST to trash it! But, there is a difference between saying you don't like an attraction, or you don't agree w/ a decision management has made, or you've had a bad experience at the World and saying the company is going to hell because it's opening more thrill rides or what have you. This generally only comes from people with...lower post counts, however. It seems all the seasoned posters have more pointed arguments...none of the "I HATE ANIMAL KINGDOM! THERE'S NOTHING TO DO THERE!" crap...but more along the lines of "I think the Imagineers were possessed by Satan when they thought up Journey Into Your Imagination"...perhaps it's just a matter of either waiting for those people to leave or figure out how things tend to work here...regardless, we need diversity on this board...it's what makes everything interesting...this would be EXTREMELY boring if everyone agreed (like...say...if I didn't hate Toad...)!
:king:

Davis224

Original Poster
Originally posted by njchris65
Eep... i just realized.. isn't this a negative thread about negative threads? Does two negatives make a positive????

Thank you!
Somebody finally caught a machivellian scheme of mine. I was hoping that people would be really negative on this thread.
People crave negativity it gives them a chance to show their own oppinions.
If people all agreed with me and said the negative threads should stop it would all say the same stuff!

:D caught me

Disneynutcase

Define "negative posts."

Hey I admit I sometimes go overboard. I just got seriously flamed on another thread (one I began) by saying that I personally "hate" (oops, probably too strong of a word) the trip around Seven Seas lagoon from the TTC to MK. I hope people take this as my opinion, since I know A LOT of people find the monorail and ferry rides magical, thus enhancing their WDW experience. But sorry, to me it just ads more time wasted to my MK day. And that's just me, my opinion, my preference.

I personally log onto this site for information. I want the scoops, baby! And the inside dirt. Having just returned from WDW where I did both AK and Disney Studios for the first time with a lot of changes to MK and Epcot, all I gotta say is that there is A LOT for a Disneynutcase to do at WDW nowadays.

Hell, I could barely settle on what restaurants to eat at, let alone what new attractions to hit or miss. There's just so many choices now.

The postings on this website are awesome--even the negative ones. We need the negative reviews, folks. We need to know the bad experiences.

Heck, didn't we just lose the bad "Journey Into Your Imagination" after only two years of operation because of negative reviews? I'm not saying that this website got the attraction removed and/or altered. But there sure as hell were enough WDW fans out there who let Disney brass know that the ride just didn't work--especially in comparison to what was there.

I practically shed a tear when I passed by its entrance last week. I really wanted my kids to see Figment and Dreamfinder. The old ride was so sweet and kid friendly. Hopefully the new version will recapture this spirit. Let's pray that it does and that someone high up in the Disney corporation actually monitors websites like this one. Actually, I have it on pretty good authority that they do--not that they take anything any one of us says to heart.

But when there are bi-weekly or at least monthly postings about a never-ending bad experience (like JIYI), trust me, the powers that be do start to take notice.

So my advice is that everyone should play nice and be respectful of everyone else's views. If someone reports a negative experience or reaction, let's respect it--after all, folks, someone had a bad experience and that's not what should happen at a wonderful a place as WDW.

Bus as for me, I want to hear your WDW sorrows and sob-stories. And it's not to gloat but to gain knowledge and compare it to what I've experienced. And a little bit of common complaining does sometimes get changes to happen.

I'll try to curb my language, moaning, and groaning if you all try to curb yours. But let's not go too overboard, ya knuckle-heads!

NowInc

We all know that I can get massivly negative from time to time (get me started on CoP if you dont know what I mean)...but as I stated above...you cant sugarcoat everything. Expessing your opinon is part of what makes the internet so great (well..some would argue that..strongly)..if you dont like the opinion...you have 2 options::

Ignore it

or

Reply to it..but expect to get mad.

If you choose option #2..please dont become a total tool and start badmouthing the entire forum for ONE thread..and certainly dont go badmouthing the person who started the thread...why? because you fueled the fire by replying...simple as that.

It only makes me mad to see people who reply to posts and shoot down other peoples OPINIONS (such as the many people who have jumped on me because i said i HATE (and i meant to use the word HATE) CoP)..thats uncalled for..and always leads to namecalling and "negative" posts.

ok..now I am begining to rant on here..sooo before this post gets any more disturbing..im gunna shut my trap ;)

fngoofy

You know what, if you don't like a thread then don't read it, don't post to it, and move on to another.

Its called freedom of opinion, thought and speech.
I don’t need anyone to tell me what to think, feel, or say.

If you want that, go over to Intercot where they sensor you and delete your account if they disagree with you.

My goodness, exercise your freedom of choice and start/read/post to threads that interest you and leave others alone.

Having said that, I am now going to take my own advice and stop reading this thread, those that want to complain about negative posts have every right to.

Far be it from me to squash their freedom to do so.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by tinkrbel
well I was told to find a nicer place and so I did :) I dont see where any one thinks all the negative post and ugly things said to and about people are very helpful .. So .. I went looking for some place where people were nice ..they still may not always agree ..but they dont disagree with insults

Thought you were leaving a LONG time ago?

See ya around......

njchris65

Originally posted by Fievel

Wow...thanks for that....really added to the conversation.

(comment removed since I didn't know what was up.. even tho you can see it in replies.. just pretend you don't see it! hehe)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
That was an inside jab that a lot of us understood, but not you...I suggest you stay out of this....

And yes, I am nasty.....thank you for noticing.

NowInc

You sure are nasty.... I edited my comment out because I thought your comment to tinkrbel was rude and not needed. So I just put the crying smiley face instead. I hope that meets with your approval.

Funny..I actually thought tinkrbel's comment was FAR more rude and unneeded than any other in this entire thread..she has a bit of a history here....sorry if you didnt know that...but Fievels reply was in fact justified....

DisJosh

You sure are nasty.... I edited my comment out because I thought your comment to tinkrbel was rude and not needed. So I just put the crying smiley face instead. I hope that meets with your approval.

The executioner shows no mercy! :D :p

To everyone who thinks there are issues w/ negativity on this board: SUCK IT UP!!

I don't see all this negativity you're talking about in the first place and I've been here since June, 2001. All I've experienced here are civil conversations both about the good and bad parts of WDW and a whole lot of fun! so if you're finding all this negativity that I've seen in less than a dozen threads...maybe you're looking too hard. Over analizing things. Some one elses opinion of things isn't always going to be a happy one. So just get used to the fact that if you stay here you'll get both sidesof WDW both good and bad.

And for those of you looking for a 'nicer' board... GOOD LUCK!

You'll be searching for years before you find one w/ people as friendly and down to earth as this one!

njchris65

Originally posted by NowInc

Funny..I actually thought tinkrbel's comment was FAR more rude and unneeded than any other in this entire thread..she has a bit of a history here....sorry if you didnt know that...but Fievels reply was in fact justified....

Thanks Now.. No, I didn't know the history(still don't and don't really think I want to...hehe). I'll just avoid that topic - I dont want to feel Fievel's rath (or his breath from the looks of his pic..hehe)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom