Need some help planning a trip :)

sadio

First time poster here, from what I've seen and read so far, this seems like the place to be to ask questions about planning for a trip to Walt Disney World.

So here's my situation:

The time period that we are able to go is as follows:

December 22nd 2007 – January 5th or 6th 2008
· This is the time period because high school and university winter breaks fall between this time for all of us
· We do not necessarily have to leave on the 5th or 6th that is just the latest we can stay until

Some information about who would be going:
· 3 people are going (myself and my cousins)
· I am 21 and my cousins are both 17 years old
More information:

· We would like to spend Christmas day and News year eve/day at Walt Disney World
· We would be travelling from Toronto (Canada) to Walt Disney World
· We would have to travel via plane
· We would have to stay at one of the hotels/resort that are located inside Walt Disney World because we would not have access to a car (unless there are hotels that are really close by to Disney World)
· We are only going because we want to stay at Walt Disney World and that’s about it, we are not necessarily there for “sightseeing”

So here are some questions that I have:

1. What would be the best way to go about booking this vacation, if it is possible to do so?
· Should we book it through airline companies?
· Should we book it through Walt Disney World website?
· Should we book it through a travel agent (travel agencies)
· Should we book it online (e.g. expedia, priceline, etc)?
2. Since we have to stay at one of the on-site hotels/resorts, what is the cheapest resort to stay at in Walt Disney World?
· We assume that it would be 3 people in 1 room
· We are only using the room to sleep in, we don’t particularly care for any “extras” because my cousins and I are paying for this trip ourselves.
· We don’t care how fancy the room is, if it has a fridge, character breakfast’s etc.
3. If possible, we would prefer to book everything (e.g. the airfare and hotel/resort reservations all at once) together. If we can find the booking of airfare and hotel/resort reservation separately to be cheaper than booking those 2 together that would be okay too.

Just to note, as of right now, there is currently no price limit per se, but we are looking for the cheapest options.

If anyone has any help, ideas, and suggestions and so on, please help me out. It would be greatly appreciated!

If anyone has any addition questions please feel free to ask.

Thank You,

mouselvrmom

I would suggest that if you are looking to book everything together, it might be easiest for you to use a travel agent to book everything for you. I have never used one, but a lot of people here use kingdom konsultants and I have heard a lot of good feedback about them. They would get the best price for you and take care of all of the necessary arrangements for you.

I would suggest that you stay on site since you don't want to rent a car. Probably the values will work best for you. I have not stayed in a value, but people on here have said that pop century is the best of the values. Otherwise you have the all stars that you could stay at. It may be hard to get reservations for christmas time, since that is a very busy time. So I would suggest that you book as soon as possible.

I know I haven't been super helpful to you, but I'm sure others will chime in soon. Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

I would suggest if you do plan on going this year, book NOW!!!! Most of the resorts at WDW are completely booked (as of now) around this time of year. It's only a matter of time where you cannot even stay on property. Going to WDW during Christmas Eve/Day and New Years Eve/Day is the busiest time of the year.

Any reservation you can get for room and ADRs I would book them now. You'll most likely are not able to make any last minute changes. I would suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE to make any last minute ADRs. And you'll most likely are not able to get any ADRs for Christmas Eve/Day or NY Eve/Day.

Purchase your WDW tickets online, and I would purchase your airline tickets ASAP before they get too expensive and few choices to pick from.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

1. What would be the best way to go about booking this vacation, if it is possible to do so?

Given the time contraints, I would book through an agent ASAP. Kingdom Konsultants are highly recommended, and can take care of all the planning for you.

2. Since we have to stay at one of the on-site hotels/resorts, what is the cheapest resort to stay at in Walt Disney World?

The cheapest resorts on property in terms of money are the All Stars (Movies, Music and Sports) and Pop Century ... but they are all great resorts and you can't go wrong with any of them in terms of theme, pools, etc. Personally, I prefer Pop.

3. If possible, we would prefer to book everything (e.g. the airfare and hotel/resort reservations all at once) together. If we can find the booking of airfare and hotel/resort reservation separately to be cheaper than booking those 2 together that would be okay too.

Kingdom Konsultants can do that for you too. Toronto Pearson does fly non-stop into Orlando. Maybe check West-Jet and Skyservice for fares first before booking an air-and-resort package.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Definitely go with a travel agent. Since your cousins are 17, they are minors and are considered "children" in the eyes of WDW and US law. I'm not sure how that will work, since you are not their parent, and no parents or guardians are travelling with you (I'm assuming you are not their legal guardian). Thus, I think you should definitely consult a travel agent. Haven't used Kingdom Konsultants, but they come highly recommended on this site and the agents online are always very helpful and pleasant.

Also there are a couple of room only and package discounts out now, so using KK could save you some money. Good luck and have a fun trip! I'll be at POR for Christmas; maybe we'll see each other! :lol: :wave:

Upvote 0

AEfx

Christmas week is the single busiest week at WDW all year long. You are going to be hard pressed to find anything on-property, let alone something in a lower price range. I hate to be a negative nancy, but the two days you noted - New Years and Christmas Day, are two of the three absolute busiest days of the year (along with 4th of July).

My advice is to go as late as possible, skip Xmas there, deal with NYE, and then have the few days after to actually enjoy the parks (they thin out from the 2nd on). Trying to go during the week before would be like keeping a piece of tissue paper dry in a tsunami. Again, that's if you can get any ressies at all - I'd be on the phone tomorrow morning first thing if you really intend to go.

AEfx

Upvote 0

gram1554

My last trip I booked thru Pam with Kingdom Konsultants. I would not book a trip any other way now. I can not tell you how much help she was. You can believe If it can be got she will get it.

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

First time poster here, from what I've seen and read so far, this seems like the place to be to ask questions about planning for a trip to Walt Disney World.

So here's my situation:

The time period that we are able to go is as follows:

December 22nd 2007 – January 5th or 6th 2008
· This is the time period because high school and university winter breaks fall between this time for all of us
· We do not necessarily have to leave on the 5th or 6th that is just the latest we can stay until

Some information about who would be going:
· 3 people are going (myself and my cousins)
· I am 21 and my cousins are both 17 years old
More information:

· We would like to spend Christmas day and News year eve/day at Walt Disney World
· We would be travelling from Toronto (Canada) to Walt Disney World
· We would have to travel via plane
· We would have to stay at one of the hotels/resort that are located inside Walt Disney World because we would not have access to a car (unless there are hotels that are really close by to Disney World)
· We are only going because we want to stay at Walt Disney World and that’s about it, we are not necessarily there for “sightseeing”

So here are some questions that I have:

· We are only using the room to sleep in, we don’t particularly care for any “extras” because my cousins and I are paying for this trip ourselves.
· We don’t care how fancy the room is, if it has a fridge, character breakfast’s etc.

Just to note, as of right now, there is currently no price limit per se, but we are looking for the cheapest options.

If anyone has any help, ideas, and suggestions and so on, please help me out. It would be greatly appreciated!

If anyone has any addition questions please feel free to ask.

Thank You,

Get yourself in contact with any Disney Travel Agent NOW!! Most of Disney from the 22nd on is Sold Out already. I had people that wanted to come in on the 22nd and the best I could do for them was bring them in on the 21st and even that is limited at this time. You may have to consider staying at Downtown Disney (also limited availability now) or having your travel agent book you at one of Disney's Good Neighbor Hotels. But you have to do it NOW, like yesterday.....

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Christmas week is the single busiest week at WDW all year long. You are going to be hard pressed to find anything on-property, let alone something in a lower price range. I hate to be a negative nancy, but the two days you noted - New Years and Christmas Day, are two of the three absolute busiest days of the year (along with 4th of July).

My advice is to go as late as possible, skip Xmas there, deal with NYE, and then have the few days after to actually enjoy the parks (they thin out from the 2nd on). Trying to go during the week before would be like keeping a piece of tissue paper dry in a tsunami. Again, that's if you can get any ressies at all - I'd be on the phone tomorrow morning first thing if you really intend to go.

AEfx
I agree. If you find something on property, it will probably be a deluxe so expect to shell out some $$. Your best bet would be to consider hotels in the DTD area. They provide transportation to the parks (though not quite as often as Disney transportation, I believe.) I haven't stayed there but I hear the Hilton is great and reasonably priced even during Christmas week. Hilton has also worked a deal with Disney so that you could take advantage of Extra Magic Hours which is perk only for on-property guests.

Upvote 0

WTBAD

Sadio, unless you've already done it I would contact KK asap. Let them handle everything for you. I would suggest you don't get the Dining Plan. Three guys going. Unless you want to have a lot of sit down meals, steaks etc. you can eat counter service cheaper and quicker and wou't need the DP. AS Sports usually fills up last, so try there if you can't get into Pop Century. Have fun.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

·So here are some questions that I have:

Here are my suggestions:

Airline Booking - book it yourself through the airline
Resort Booking - call WDW to book
Resort Choice - Pop Century (for value; sleeps 4 people)

Hope this helps!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom