Need Help Garden Grill vs. Le Cellier

sueybee

Original Poster
Hi guy's need help deciding- I have an ADR at Le Cellier's on 08/26 for 1:55pm w/ a party of 8. However, sitting around talking about it with the family and 5 people really aren't steak people. We were reading about Garden Grill, and was wondering if it was any good. Please help me decide! Thanks to all in advance :)

brent2124

I ate there once because it was the only option available for a Candlelight Proccessional package. It was not worth the price for the food quality in my opinion. Maybe try Rose & Crown or some place these other than Garden Grill would be my idea.

mwbrown

I would choose Le Cellier any time over Garden Grill.

The food at Garden Grill was acceptable, but as character dinners go, I would rate it the lowest of the ones we have done (which is almost all of them...). I actually did find the slow movement in a circle strangely nausiating as well, though only a little bit...We were on the outside circle facing the movement, so the view down to the Living with the Land ride was pretty cool, but meant you could not escape the view that you were moving...

Le Cellier does have great steak, but my wife doesn't eat steak either and loved it as well. I would highly recommend Le Cellier for anyone. But if you like it, do get the steak. It is really good steak...

Phonedave

Hi guy's need help deciding- I have an ADR at Le Cellier's on 08/26 for 1:55pm w/ a party of 8. However, sitting around talking about it with the family and 5 people really aren't steak people. We were reading about Garden Grill, and was wondering if it was any good. Please help me decide! Thanks to all in advance :)

Le Cellier

1) You are going to get steak at the Garden Grill too - flank steak. It is a family style all you can eat. There is fried fish as well, and salad and sides, but you are not going to get pasta, or a roast chicken, or something like that.

2) I used to really like the food at Garden Grill. The last two times it has been off its game. I am not sure why, just not as good. Lacking in flavor, overcooked, etc. Not bad, but not as good as it was.

3) Garden Grill is a rotating restaurant. It's all booths and they are all bolted to the floor. I do not believe that there are any 8 person booths, so your party will have to be broken up at the Garden Grill.

-dave

RiversideBunny

If you really aren't steak people, might I suggest Les Chefs de France?
There you can choose from a variety of good entrees.
They do have steak available if someone still wants it.

Good luck.
:)

Nikki M

In my opinion, you can't even put the two in the same comparison. Le Cellier definitely. They have plenty of non-steak options. Look at the menu and get the others in your group pumped to eat there. Its our favorite on property.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I do enjoy steak, but the last three or four times I've eaten at LeCellier, I've chosen one of their non-steak dishes. They also serve chicken and fish, and always have a vegetarian entree on the menu (usually pasta or veggie-based). On my last trip, I had a mushroom ravioli that was one of the best dinners I ever ate; the memory of it can still make me drool. :eek: :D

So I would not discourage you from taking the group to Le Cellier just because they are not steak people. Go and enjoy the atmosphere, and everyone should be able to find a dish that will send them home happy.

Check out the dinner menu, and you will see lots of non-steak choices: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Le-Cellier-Steakhouse/Menus/10Feb2010-Le-Cellier-Steakhouse-dinner-menu.htm

ThinkTink721

We have been to both.
LeCellier is very good - it is a steak restaurant, but I think you can order others things (I would have to look at the menu again).
The Garden Grill has characters & is more family friendly - it was alot of fun when we went.

:wave:

itsmagical

I saw this thread and didn't see a point in making another thread, so I figure I'll ask my question here. As far as I know, we have reservations at Le Cellier when we go. But, do they have something like chicken fingers for younger kids?

mouselvrmom

They have a children's menu. I'm not sure if chicken strips is on it. All I really remember is steak and pasta, but I'm sure you could ask if your child could get chicken strips.

itsmagical

They have a children's menu. I'm not sure if chicken strips is on it. All I really remember is steak and pasta, but I'm sure you could ask if your child could get chicken strips.

Definetly possible, seems like Disney is really good at serving their guests. We have some chicken strip fanatics and I can't tell you how many times we've ordered chicken strips even without it being on the menu. Thank you! :D

JohnLocke

Garden Grill was fun and interesting, but the food is nowhere near the quality you get at Le Cellier. I'm not that big into steaks and usually get their Grilled Steak Burger, which is great. Their Cheddar Cheese Soup is also outstanding.

mickey2008.1

garden grille, cool setting, crap food. Le cellier, crap setting, good food, not great, poor service. Lecellier is probably the most boring of all restaurants for atmosphere, that with bad service, equalls go somewhere else. This happened all three times since 2008. Signature will never come here.
tepan edo will be more fun with decent food, great atmosphere and entertainment

ThinkTink721

LeCellier is known for their steak & it is a nice place to eat.

The Garden Grill is more of a fun place to eat.
They have good food & the character interaction is great.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is very unique (it rotates while you eat).

:wave:

luvlifeinfl

We ate there Nov 2009, the place looks like it needs a refurb. The food was not good at all it was flank Steak, turkey & stuffing ( worse than cardboard) and then to place craberried sauces over it made it even worse. That was the only option to eat and sadly my child is a chicken finger kid, so she barely ate anything.

My family we will not eat here again. Keep looking.

Tomi-Rocket

completely different....

Wow, talk about two different restaurants! We have only eaten at Garden Grill and we enjoyed it. However, I have heard/read mostly wonderful reviews of Le Cellier and will die trying to get a reservation there for my DH on next years trip. Not sure if there is a table big enough at GG for your entire party, though, so you might be better off keeping your ADR. Plus, you can always look up the menu and see what they offer. I do that for every trip, for every place we eat at just to make sure there is something for everyone. Good luck!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom