Narnia Attraction

jrriddle

Timmay said:
No, sadly Lewis didn't want his stories put on the screen because he wanted people to keep their own image of Narnia intact from the bookis.

As a fan of the books as well as the one movie now, I am not sure how I feel about a CON type attraction or Land or whatever...it just doesn't feel right, for some reason. Maybe if all of the movies are made and they are very, very popular, we may see something.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/archives/cs_lewis_-_turning_in_his_grave.html

"In a letter to a BBC producer named Lance Sieveking, the late C.S. Lewis (died in 1963) wrote that he would be extremely unhappy with any attempt to make his "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" into a live-action on-screen feature.

He did suggest he might approve of a cartoon version, but only if Disney was not involved.

"I am absolutely opposed...to a TV version," Lewis said in the letter. "Anthropomorphic animals, when taken out of narrative into actual visibility, always turn into buffoonery or nightmare...at least with photography."

Lewis commenting on Walt Disney had this to say, "Cartoons (if only Disney did not combine so much vulgarity with his genius!) would be another matter. A human pantominie, Aslan would be, to me blasphemy."

bigwoowoo248

C.S.lewis is already dissapointed because a movie has already been made, disney just improved it. Magic kingdom does not need this attraction. Epoct is almost done with its makeover and its looking good. That leaves MGM/AK.
MGM could make a 3d movie where muppets is because where the drewcarey disaster is may be a monster inc show like in DL, which only allows like 14 and under last time i checked.:( AK would be the best because they need another big attracter, after everest. Animals are all in mythology so i dont see why it cant happen. Also it leaves room for expansion "cough" harry potter, which pertains to mythology and magic. Mythology is magical and so is disney.:)

slappy magoo

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is trying to develop some sort of Narnia attraction, at least in some early "what-if" stage. Where it should go, what it would be, nothing firm. Other than that, IMHO, it's ridiculously early to get on Disney's corporate back for a Narnia-themed attraction. At least wait until the 2nd weekend. The movie might not (MIGHT NOT, so don't jump down my throat) have any legs. Furthermore, even if the movie does financially well, it might not develop the sort of allegiance amongst enough people to warrant developing an attraction to always keep it in the public eye.

My guess if they will decide whether or not to make a sequel or trilogy before they decide on an attraction.

Na oh!!!

Im sorry to seem harsh but I defiently say that i would not like a Narnia attraction let alone a Narnia based land. to me Narnia is not very Disney at all and would be like switching into IOA mode. Movies should not be the only resource for attractions today! Think of the imaginations of those imagineers.... they can dream anything!!I feel some of the best attractions come from pure imagination(The Haunted Mansion,POTC,TT,D etc.)

Also on a contradicting note, i would like to see The Little Mermaid there.....:brick: :lookaroun

Just my 2 cents......

T-Idoubleguher
: )

Lynx04

I think the hard thing about putting it in AK is being able to convey the animal message. Now I haven't seen the Movie and it has been years since I read the books. But could you really send an "Animal Message" through the Narnia series?

For instence:

KS - message about poching
EE - Invading the land of the Yeti, animal conservation. People trying to make a buck at the expense of animals enviroment.
Kali - Deforesting, destroying animals habitat.
TTBAB - The life of bugs.
Haven't been on Dinosaur yet, everytime I been to the park it has been closed or in rehab, but I know their is a message their too.

Isn't it just a fantasyland that has with talking animals, not really anything to do with them directly as a species. Please correct me if I am wrong.

PS sorry for the poor spelling, having one of those days.

Ralphlaw

Do it at AK

The question of where essentially comes down to which park needs it the most. Disney could theme it at any of the parks, but overall need and space will determine where it will end up, if anywhere.

Animal Kingdom: There's plenty of space; it fulfills the long awaited Beastly Kingdom concept; and it has the lowest attendance of the all the parks. Harry Potter and/or Lord of the Rings could be added to provide an entire Beastly Kingdom "Land" to AK. This makes the most sense, in my opinion.

Disney-MGM: It would only have space if something else is taken out. Also, it doesn't fit the Hollywood theme that well, but neither does Star Tours to be fair. Nevertheless, Studios already has Tower of Terror, Rock & Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Muppets and Fantasmic as major attractions. AK, for all its acreage, has less by comparison, even once Everest opens.

EPCOT: Space is the big issue. I don't see enough room by UK for a major attraction, only some kind of relatively small ride like Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, or Peter Pan. Also, it might upset the flow of World Showcase, and putting it anywhere in Future World simply makes no thematic sense.

Magic Kingdom: MK doesn't need another headline attraction as much as Animal Kingdom; MK will continue to bring in big attendance without it. Disney could make it fit somewhere in MK, but it would mean taking out something else. Theming would be difficult in some places, but not impossible. Nevertheless, making it a major attraction would probably be difficult given the space constraints.

For my money, AK is the obvious choice, assuming Narnia is going to be big enough to warrant it. Disney's long-term issue is probably going to be the bigger picture as to what else will spring from this. Narnia could lead to Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, and may ultimately help bring Rowling and/or the Tolkien family into line if Narnia is classy and sophisticated.

JeffH

Narnia

As one poster suggested, Narnia could be the perfect solution to the DAK missing fantasy section. I for one never liked the sound of Beastly Kingdom, so Narnia would solve that problem (for me at least). And set behind the Festival of the Lion King would be perfect theming (circle of life based around a Lion). Hopefully this would provide the chance to add a family 'dark' ride to DAK (a genre that seems to be disappearing at WDW), telling of the 1st Narnia story. Or a new theatre could be built in Africa to 'properly' house the Festival of the Lion King, and the current Lion King theatre could host a new Aslan Festival show? Some of the old Beastly Kingdom ideas could be used, as well as 'sets' from Narnia (snowy forest to walk through or play in).
or...much like the highly successful Land pavilion...
How about an enclosed Narnia pavilion featuring a connection to a Soarin' Through Narnia attraction, providing a grand view of Narnia, another connection to a dark ride to meet Timnul, the white witch and Aslan face to face, and other to the Aslan Festival. The center of the pavilion could feature an eating area within the snowy forest as well as other shops and such. This would help provide some well needed air-conditioned areas for DAK guests to spend some time in to help cope with all the heat.
As this is being built, Disney could provide a quick touch of Narnia by presenting a 'Narnia primer' in Disney Dolby Digital 3D at the Superstar Theatre.
I really think that Disney is missing the boat by not using that theatre for other promotional possibilities.
A few years ago they did a promo in there for the new ABC TV season showing interviews and clips and giving away lots of stuff. After that I made it a point to tune into ABC and check out the shows that looked appealing to me.
They should upgrade the theatre with better stadium seating and a state of the art digital projection system, then they could be showcasing their new spectacular 3D projection system to promote all their big projects. The only way to see it now is to be lucky enough to be able to attend one of the handful of theatres equipped to run Chicken Little 3D.
People would come to just see the awesome 3D technology and walk away pumped up to see Disney next big project.
Imagine how something like this would have improved the already awesome numbers that Narnia is drawing in the theatres.
I always wondered why Epcot didn't have an IMAX theatre built, especially considering the IMAX films that Disney has produced lately...and considering that there are exactly ZERO IMAX theatres in central Florida. I for one wouldn't mind sitting, relaxing in a cool Disney state of the art theatre at one of the parks for 100 minutes enjoying a Disney classic in IMAX (after the initial theatre run, of course), like Fantasia 2000 and Beauty and the Beast and that Black Stallion one that we missed.

The attraction would simply be the awesome theatre experiences 3D and IMAX (or both!!!).

angelofitaly69

Narnia

How about this: why not instead of building a new country in Epcot, don't they build Narnia. Then people can visit the people of Narnia and learn the culture of Narnia. They could also have the Senic tours of Narnia the ride. Maybe also have a Cafe Narnia with foods of the Place.

Come off it Disney is going to do what Disney wants to do. I don't see any Narnia attractions in Disney's near future. Let's see how well it does in theaters.

This is all my opinion. My opinion does not represent the opinion of these forums.

Lynx04

how about:

Soarin over the Land of Wonders in the Sea of your Imagination of Energy of what is...... Narnia

I don't know if that made any sense, but at least it include most of the attractions in EPCOT's Future world. I am just trying to keep the spirt up.

Shaman

CTXRover said:
An entire Narnia land in Animal Kingdom would be the way to go imo. Beyond the movie, it has a large following from the books, so it wouldn't just be a knee-jerk movie tie in. Filled with mythical animals and stories up the whazoo, it would more than fill the void that the rumored "Beastly Kingdom" land was supposed to. One major attraction and one mini-dark ride is all that would be needed to fill an entire land if the rest was highly themed to evoke the feel and look of Narnia. And if popular enough, any Narnia attraction could then be copied to help divide the original cost of R&D by placing it around the world at Disney's other parks (especially with the movie tie in, it would easily fit into DCA and WDSP)

I agree....personally though, I'd like to see Beastly Kingdom and then a Narnia attraction within that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom