News Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian closing for extended refurbishment June 2022

correcaminos

I take enhanced to mean redone in style. I hope they don't add IPs. If they do prix fixe I won't bother either. It's incredibly hard for me to do those with a weirdo allergy. Causes more problems than it is worth and I never eat 3 full courses. Even 2 is not normal for me at restaurants.

Richie248

Any idea when this is going to open? I’ve heard April 1 but I miss this restaurant
Highly doubt April 1, unless it's April 2024....still work to be done. Looking to me like it's Fall...??? Weird we haven't heard much about it though.

New bar. New kitchen. Getting rid of the different floor heights in the dining area.
I'm probably in the minority (I definitely am in my own family!) but I've never been a big fan of Narcoossee's. I thought the food was just ok for the price (or two credits in dining plan days). The wait staff also were often a bit grumpy. My hope is a new kitchen (and new menu?) may improve things.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm probably in the minority (I definitely am in my own family!) but I've never been a big fan of Narcoossee's. I thought the food was just ok for the price (or two credits in dining plan days). The wait staff also were often a bit grumpy. My hope is a new kitchen (and new menu?) may improve things.
It was good not great. It certainly needed an update to reflect the improvements being undertaken at the GF and to put it on par with Flying Fish. It is such a shame that Disney is apparently not building on the the good job they did with Citricos (menu wise, not the ridiculous nonsensical theming) and pursuing a generic prix fixe approach. Not that Narcoossess's was a culinary standout, but just like at California Grill it will certainly take away from the culinary experience.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This is supremely disappointing that they’re going to a fixed menu. One thing I always liked about Disney signature dining is we could take our small kids there and have a nice meal out and that I could find something on the menu that they could/would eat or Disney would bring something else. I feel like with prix fixe that option is eliminated.

CG came off the list of places we like to eat when they moved to this model and it appears Narcoossee’s will too. A prix fixe menu at a place this is cheapness and laziness for cost efficiency, nothing more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom