News Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian closing for extended refurbishment June 2022

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Why have they not opened 1900 park fare? Sounds like a good time to do so with this restaurant going down for awhile. I 100% agree that the Enchanted Rose is an out of place disappointment. But then again, so is Bob Chapek.
I’m assuming it’ll reopen sometime after 4/18 when character interactions return to normal. There’s really no reason for that restaurant to exist without the opportunity to meet face characters like Mary Poppins, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, Cinderella, and Charming. The food there certainly doesn’t stand on its own.

I’d expect it to be open by the summer.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Why have they not opened 1900 park fare? Sounds like a good time to do so with this restaurant going down for awhile. I 100% agree that the Enchanted Rose is an out of place disappointment. But then again, so is Bob Chapek.
They’ve been using it on exceptionally busy days as extra capacity for Grand Floridian Cafe, might be the plan during the closure if 1900 isn’t back by then.

Vegas Disney Fan

Citricos looks great. Home run. They got that one right. Enchanted Rose Lounge was a huge "no" from me, though, partly because it caused the eviction of the Society Orchestra, which was one of the things that made the Grand, well, grand.
I love the look of Citricos also, the lounge has some nice touches but the colors are too dark, bars tend to be dark, lounges tend to be bright, Enchanted Rose looks more like a bar than a lounge.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
disagree 100%. had our absolute best meal there this past january. food, service, everything exceeded all other meals we had that week, and we did california grill and topolino.

The 50th menu at California grill is lacking. Topolnio's sole was great and the steak ok, but the chewy bread substitute is dreadful.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This is still one of the high points of our trip. I can certainly use some TLC (was there last week) and some freshening but hopefully its not being converted to a Beauty and the Beast theme or something bland.

UNCgolf

The Enchanted Rose is absolutely terrible, but it's not because of the IP. Not that the IP helps, but it's a poorly designed space that doesn't feel luxury and doesn't fit the rest of the Grand Floridian. It's completely out of place.

Citricos is pretty good, though. Hopefully the quality of the Narcoossee's refurb is more of the latter than the former.

Poseidon Quest

With that level of passionate disdain for the use of IP it seems Walt Disney World is no longer the place for you. They have explicitly stated they are going to do more of it.

I don't have an issue with integrating IP, so much as I can't stand how little leadership cares about theming. To counter your question, if quality and thematic integrity is not really a factor for you, then why not choose Six Flags instead?

wdwfan22

I was had hope that 1900 Park Fare would be rethemed next. In my opinion this restaurant is overdue for an update.

Richie248

Hoping the remodel is more in line with Citricos as opposed to Enchanted Rose...all the wood and it's placement on the water certainly gives it a nautical feel....they wouldn't dare do a light Little Mermaid overlay....would they????

Epcot82Guy

I agree. A subtle nod for inspiration where the overall theme fits would be great. Enchanted Rose is horribly misplaced and simply not that well executed for what is claiming to be - even at Disney, let alone an actually high end resort. Citricos took the resort in a new, more modern direction. But it was well done and blends in fairly well (i.e. the updated restaurant in the classic resort).

Animaniac93-98

I was had hope that 1900 Park Fare would be rethemed next. In my opinion this restaurant is overdue for an update.

I can't imagine them not redoing it soon. Why renovate all the other restaurants, but leave this one alone?

But it won't happen at the same time as GFC. Maybe later this year or early next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom