Nana Adores MJ

Fantasmic!329

Have a wonderful time, Betty!

As for me, we have go to a party at some friend's house that they call "The Bye-Bye Benny Bash."
(The area where I live is verrrry touristy. :lol:)

Dukeblue1016

I'm doing okay.
No big plans for the weekend. The weather is going to be really bad here as Ernesto moves up this way. :(
What are your plans, Joe?

That's too bad, sorry to hear it! :(

What part of Maine Betty?

I'm actually going up today to get some supplies at BJs, possibly going to see one of my brother's friends play in a golf tournament today (he tees off in like an hour and a half, so i'd see the back nine)... it's a cleveland tour event nearby, he's good... has come ohhhh so close 4 or 5 times from qualifying for the US open. Tomorrow I'm gonna pack, change my oil, then play golf with my father (he actually JUST called me asI was typing this up... on this exact part... asking me what time i wanted to play... WEEEEEIRD...) then moving in around 10ish Sunday morning...

Sunday we'll probably go get groceries, buy house decor... that kinda stuff... should be fun!

EDIT: not my brother, his best friend... my brother is good, but not that good

Uponastar

I thought that was a term used all over? :confused:
Any way, Benny is the nickname given to tourists. The real word is 'benefiters' because the business beneifts from them. So the tourists are called "Bennies."

I never heard that term before.
But then again, I don't live in a tourist area! :lol:

Nemo14

My dad would LOVE it if I went to college up in Maine, or in Vermont, or NH.
I've had enough of snow and cold already! I don't need more up there!!
I'm with you on that one Freddy (or Danny or whoever you are). With her grades and SAT scores, she could have gone to any school she wanted, and in facr had several fantastic offers. But she just fell in love with Farmington, and it really has been a great experience for her. Now she's trying to talk DS into applying up there.

Dukeblue1016

She's a senior at UMF (Farmington), so she has an apartment just outside of "the Farm".

Yeah I don't really know that area... I got friends from Winslow, Kennybunkport, Portland... and then my girlfriend's grandparents has a place in York, so I go up there a lot with her... its awesome.

Near any of these areas? any idea?

Fantasmic!329

I'm with you on that one Freddy (or Danny or whoever you are). With her grades and SAT scores, she could have gone to any school she wanted, and in facr had several fantastic offers. But she just fell in love with Farmington, and it really has been a great experience for her. Now she's trying to talk DS into applying up there.
The furthest north I'd want to go (on the east coast) is Connecticut.
Would love Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia.
California would be great, too. But home would be so very far away. :(

Uponastar

She knew what she wanted! :lol:
DS may have other ideas of what would make him happy, though.

Nemo14

Yeah I don't really know that area... I got friends from Winslow, Kennybunkport, Portland... and then my girlfriend's grandparents has a place in York, so I go up there a lot with her... its awesome.

Near any of these areas? any idea?
It's about an hour NW of Portland - further inland than any of those. Pretty rural - she had a moose right outside of her dorm the first year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom