Nana Adores MJ

jesserin

You never know...
I might send a gerbil.:lookaroun
see? i was wanting to visit a nonpet establishment... guess you'll just have to show up after all... ;)

you said:
But, they do have yellow signs.
I know that much.:lookaroun

indeed. good call. :lookaroun

you again said:
That can be arranged, but I ask you to reconsider.:lookaroun

hmmm... we'll see.... i'm still thinking about it at the moment... :lookaroun

ok... i'm back... rocked her back to sleep - temps down 1/2 degree... *sigh* life sucks when someone you love is sick..

stink.

If she happens to wake up again....the armpits and the inner thighs are a good place to put cool washcloths--lots of blood flow there so it helps to cool off the whole body. Hope she feels better soon!!

Pongo

by the way...I've been thinking about an ipod...would you suggest the nano or would you suggest the original ipod?

The original holds WAY more songs. And it also holds video and pictures, whereas nano only holds pics.

The reason I chose nano was because I didn't want my mom to spend twice as much on the video feature that i would never use.

jesserin

well that's good. What can you do for a baby with that high of a fever? (I ask this as an inexperienced non-mother...)

depends on the doctor and how comfortable you are with using artificial means... aka drugs.

most of the time if the fever is over 102 you can give them a very warm bath... this helps bring the temparture down - you dont' want to give them a cool bath as that can cause shiveriing which raises the body tempature.

the biggest thing is keeping the baby calm as the more active and frustrated they are... the higher their body tempature.

personally... i'm a tylenol advocate. I've used it at the first sign of fever and runny nose since the day she was born, and i've managed to head off every sickness and infection she's come across thus far.

i guess being that this is the first very high fever she's had... it must not be that bad of advice ;) LOL

nibblesandbits

depends on the doctor and how comfortable you are with using artificial means... aka drugs.

most of the time if the fever is over 102 you can give them a very warm bath... this helps bring the temparture down - you dont' want to give them a cool bath as that can cause shiveriing which raises the body tempature.

the biggest thing is keeping the baby calm as the more active and frustrated they are... the higher their body tempature.

personally... i'm a tylenol advocate. I've used it at the first sign of fever and runny nose since the day she was born, and i've managed to head off every sickness and infection she's come across thus far.

i guess being that this is the first very high fever she's had... it must not be that bad of advice ;) LOL
so then the washcloth trick was supposed to help! :lol:

I always hated the "warm" bath though. God that was always cold!

jesserin

Jess - try giving her a cool bath to bring down the temp - and Motrin is great for reducing fevers.

good call :) LOL... the advice nurse said Motrin and Tylenol should do the trick... and a warm bath if she keeps waking up....LOL...

i love having all you mom's here... y'all are priceless :kiss:

Nemo14

My doctor always said to use cool (lukewarm actually) baths for fevers. Too cold will shock the system but I forget why he said not warm.

nibblesandbits

The original holds WAY more songs. And it also holds video and pictures, whereas nano only holds pics.

The reason I chose nano was because I didn't want my mom to spend twice as much on the video feature that i would never use.
see and I don't know if I'd used the video feature either...but with an ipod....it's going to be something you'll have for quite a while...and with the way technology is changing...I might end up wanting to use the video feature.

But the nano is so much cheaper...

Nemo14

good call :) LOL... the advice nurse said Motrin and Tylenol should do the trick... and a warm bath if she keeps waking up....LOL...

i love having all you mom's here... y'all are priceless :kiss:
Motrin is a wonderful thing! never had to use it for DD, but DS needed it on occasion. I'm not a big advocate for medication, but a fever that high needs attention.

Nemo14

see and I don't know if I'd used the video feature either...but with an ipod....it's going to be something you'll have for quite a while...and with the way technology is changing...I might end up wanting to use the video feature.

My phone does video, and I've never even had an inkling to use it. It also plays MP3's, but I haven't figured that one out yet. I downloaded music, but can't figure out how (or why) to play it on the phone!

Pongo

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

Also, the regular has something like 10000 song capacity :eek:

I haven't even filled my 500 song limit on my nano yet :lol:

nibblesandbits

My phone does video, and I've never even had an inkling to use it. It also plays MP3's, but I haven't figured that one out yet. I downloaded music, but can't figure out how (or why) to play it on the phone!
why would be the same reason you buy an ipod. To listen to music. (Since an ipod is just the newest version of a CD player, tape player, 8 track :)lookaroun), etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom