Nana Adores MJ

Nemo14

Ok...so now let me give you some advice:

When choosing outfits...keep in mind, solid colors look best...especially for a yearbook photo. By choosing solid colors, it keeps the attention on his face which is where you want it...and not on his clothing.

I don't know about the place that you're going, but see if they'll let you bring in props. That way if he's into music or sports or anything...he can have a piece of himself in his pics. (We allow seniors to bring props in)

Most studios will let you take the pics in color and then later will let you turn them into b&w...so if there is one that he really likes, but wants in b&w, you should be able to do this. We however, take our b&w in b&w, so they can't be turned back into color. I don't know if they charge an extra fee for that, but we don't. (Oh...and b&w is extremely popular...so I'd suggest getting one set of wallets in b&w for him or something) Make sure you ask the studio if you can change color into b&w before you do anything. So that way he won't be disappointed if he can't change them afterwards.

hmmm...that's all I can think of right now...seeing as how I don't know anything about the studio where you're getting pics taken...but this is an overview of things that I do know that will more than likely transfer over to another studio, no matter where you go.
Thanks Nibbs.
As far as props go, he is bringing his upright bass, and possibly his guitar. The photographer is pretty excited about this.
We're using the same photographer we had for DD's poics, and he did a fabulous job with hers, so I'm pretty confident with him. We're lucky that we get to choose our own. Some of the high schools here contract out to a specific photographer, so if you don't like it, it's too bad.

Nemo14

will they let him change outfits? If so...have him bring in that one...that way he's happy...and then bring in another outfit that fits yours and your family's tastes a little better.
Yes - he gets 3 changes, but if he had his way, that would be 3 T-shirts.....

nibblesandbits

Thanks Nibbs.
As far as props go, he is bringing his upright bass, and possibly his guitar. The photographer is pretty excited about this.
We're using the same photographer we had for DD's poics, and he did a fabulous job with hers, so I'm pretty confident with him. We're lucky that we get to choose our own. Some of the high schools here contract out to a specific photographer, so if you don't like it, it's too bad.
that's how it is around here too. But the thing that a lot of people don't know about a contracted photographer is that you don't necessarily have to go to that person for your "senior pics" and instead can go there for just your yearbook ones and then go somewhere else for the ones you want to purchase.

My family has 3 contracted schools themselves that are spread out among 2 studios. Having a contracted school is nice, but they don't buy as much as students who go to other schools who get their pics for the yearbook taken at the contract school and then get their other pics taken here.

nibblesandbits

Yes - he gets 3 changes, but if he had his way, that would be 3 T-shirts.....
well...give him the compromise...you get a shirt, I get a shirt, and then with the third one...that's a little tougher! :lol:

Guys are so much tougher to photograph anyway, just because they don't really want to be there and are not into the whole picture thing anyway. Giving him at least one shirt is a good way to make him happy and comfortable with getting his pics taken.

Nemo14

that's how it is around here too. But the thing that a lot of people don't know about a contracted photographer is that you don't necessarily have to go to that person for your "senior pics" and instead can go there for just your yearbook ones and then go somewhere else for the ones you want to purchase.

My family has 3 contracted schools themselves that are spread out among 2 studios. Having a contracted school is nice, but they don't buy as much as students who go to other schools who get their pics for the yearbook taken at the contract school and then get their other pics taken here.
It gets pretty expensive if you're paying sitting fees at both though. I agree that if we had to go to some of the photographers here, I'd just get the yearbook picture and go elsewhere for senior pics. Some of them are like factories - rush you in, sit pose, smile, click-click-click, you're done!

nibblesandbits

It gets pretty expensive if you're paying sitting fees at both though. I agree that if we had to go to some of the photographers here, I'd just get the yearbook picture and go elsewhere for senior pics. Some of them are like factories - rush you in, sit pose, smile, click-click-click, you're done!
it depends on where you go how much the sitting fee is. (We actually don't charge one...all the money you put down goes towards your pics...so with us the session is free!) Which I guess makes me forget that a lot of other studios charge session fees.

A lot are like factories too. I don't get it. When I went to the place I had to go for my yearbook...it felt just like that. I didn't feel really welcomed and then they just took a few pics and they were done. It was like...that's it?

Nemo14

it depends on where you go how much the sitting fee is. (We actually don't charge one...all the money you put down goes towards your pics...so with us the session is free!) Which I guess makes me forget that a lot of other studios charge session fees.

A lot are like factories too. I don't get it. When I went to the place I had to go for my yearbook...it felt just like that. I didn't feel really welcomed and then they just took a few pics and they were done. It was like...that's it?
Our photographer waived his sitting fee, and they gave us a great deal on DD's pics. I used to write an advertising column for our local paper, and they were one of my clients, so I guess they liked what I wrote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom