Nana Adores MJ

nibblesandbits

That's not surprising. The houses here on our street are going for $250,000+, and we have tiny lots (50 by 100), no garage, and basically 4 rooms plus an attic or its equivalent. We couldn't afford to buy our house today!
Trust me...I know. I don't know how people can afford to buy houses who are beginners. What's his face and I are in that dilemma now. We don't want to live in an apartment because that's just like throwing away money to both of us...but we also can't really afford a house...unless it would be in the ghetto area. And we don't want to live there either.

And the sad thing is is that houses in our area are relatively affordable. They just don't make them affordable for people looking for their first one.

I was talking to my mom and dad and they told me how much they paid for their first few houses...it's amazing how much houses have gone up to lately! The houses we are looking at are double what they paid when they were our age!

Nemo14

Trust me...I know. I don't know how people can afford to buy houses who are beginners. What's his face and I are in that dilemma now. We don't want to live in an apartment because that's just like throwing away money to both of us...but we also can't really afford a house...unless it would be in the ghetto area. And we don't want to live there either.

And the sad thing is is that houses in our area are relatively affordable. They just don't make them affordable for people looking for their first one.

I was talking to my mom and dad and they told me how much they paid for their first few houses...it's amazing how much houses have gone up to lately! The houses we are looking at are double what they paid when they were our age!
We paid $39,000 for our house 23 years ago.

Uponastar

We paid $39,000 for our house 23 years ago.

Isn't that amazing!
We paid $56,000 for our condo only 6 years ago, and it is worth at least $135,000 and possibly considerably higher depending on how much a potential buyer is willing to pay just to get into the development.
It boggles the mind!

nibblesandbits

Isn't that amazing!
We paid $56,000 for our condo only 6 years ago, and it is worth at least $135,000 and possibly considerably higher depending on how much a potential buyer is willing to pay just to get into the development.
It boggles the mind!
That's what makes it so hard for us. Because we can't afford a $135,000 house. And it's getting harder and harder for us to find something we can afford. We are actually just below that bracket.

Uponastar

That's what makes it so hard for us. Because we can't afford a $135,000 house. And it's getting harder and harder for us to find something we can afford. We are actually just below that bracket.

And our's is a condo and definitely at the lower end of the pricing scale!
I know how hard it is for first time buyers. My daughter recently bought her first house and it is not easy making those monthly payments!
I really feel for you young ones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom