Name changes coming to Magic Kingdom parking lot sections

07vanquish

Keep the MK parking lot names and numbers as is, add a color as a secondary reference. So if you forget the name possibly the color code will stick in your head. OR do what I do, regardless of where we park, I take a digital picture of the lot and row number. :hammer::brick:

agreed, they I guess if your going to change the sign's colors, its not gonna cost any more than if you kept the same characters since '71. I'm a sucker for tradition but yes, I know, business; not museum :/

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ehhh, I could see one making an argument that the 7 dwarves are too similar for some people to keep apart. Having completely different characters might make one's spot easier to remember.

Most visitors cannot name the seven dwarfs much less keep them apart.

Making a bigger distinction between areas makes sense to me.

wdwfan100

While I lean toward the classic character names, I am mostly indifferent to the change. It just seems to me that of all the things that need addressed at WDW, parking lot names would be way down the list.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I lean toward the classic character names, I am mostly indifferent to the change. It just seems to me that of all the things that need addressed at WDW, parking lot names would be way down the list.

One of the last memories many day visitors will have is trying to find their car at the end of the day.

A good memory of that event is much better than the bad memory of a lost car because they couldn't tell the difference between Sleepy and Sneezy.

wdwfan100

One of the last memories many day visitors will have is trying to find their car at the end of the day.

A good memory of that event is much better than the bad memory of a lost car because they couldn't tell the difference between Sleepy and Sneezy.

I don't disagree. I just didn't see it as a priority expenditure at this time. Like I said I'm indifferent toward it though.

thelookingglass

Well, its not like changing some signs and painting some asphalt are whats keeping, say, the Yeti from being fixed.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The deception! How could Disney possibly make such a subtle change that shall vastly impact my experience! Especially in the parking lot I never see since I stay on property and ride a bus! What an outrage! I am appalled.

_Scar

I'm hearing numbers folks. Upwards towards 100mil! We might even get new tram wheels. But before you get TOO excited, cuts will happen. Be prepared.

sorcerermickey9

I have a friend who was working in guest relations and they were in the parking lot in a wdw van when a family frantically came running to them proclaiming they could not find their vehicle. They remembered parking somewhere close to the tram but thats it. She offered to help find the vehicle...and drove around for 20 minutes till they FINALLY found the car... in the front corner of the parking lot...very first spot as you get off the tram. Guests are forgetful. Period. Anything to at least try and help by giving them 3 categories to remember SOMETHING should solve some issues. Sad. But needed.

Who cares, its a parking lot! You park, go to the park and forget about it until the day is over. Does it really matter what its called? Of course this won't affect people who park at Contemporary and walk over...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The deception! How could Disney possibly make such a subtle change that shall vastly impact my experience! Especially in the parking lot I never see since I stay on property and ride a bus! What an outrage! I am appalled.

*giggles* :lol: :lookaroun

OMG INTERNET OUTRAGE!11111!11!! *MASHES KEYBOARD*

SRWEGgiop
jbuet]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]et]

DisneyMusician2

Looks like fun to me! Little changes are always cool, just keeps things new.

Don't understand some of the opposition, especially when it affects so little about a frequent visitors overall experience. Think of it as a cheap refresh to something that was around for a long time.

Not like they are removing the lot for a new stitch-inspired parking structure that throws your car into random spots and smells like old chili dog...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom