Name changes coming to Magic Kingdom parking lot sections

Rob562

Nope - you have to read my full post.

So say before both locations made the same loop and there were 8 total trams making the same long loop. Now there are two locations both with 4 total trams making a loop that's half the size. The trips would be shorter but there would be less trams making that shorter trip. Without seeing this in practice I can't see exactly how it works, but it is highly unlikely that it would cut your wait in half - it would just cut your wait.

You're forgetting that the number of Guests per tram route is also cut in half...

This new way (though actually old way, because I swear this is how they used to run the trams) speeds things up for the Guests in a couple ways:

-Guests in the 2nd half of the lot will have a shorter total ride time back to their cars.

-More importantly, all Guests will have a shorter wait for a tram at peak crowd times because Guests will be split among two different tram routes.

Let's say you have 4 trams-worth of Guests walking up to the tram station at once. Under the old way, they'd load a tram, drive away, load another one, etc. But just like monorails, there has to be space in between trams so that one tram doesn't come up behind another that's still sitting and unloading Guests at its first stop. So even though a tram could probably fill up in 60-90 seconds (assuming there is a large crowd waiting and ready to board), it'll then have to sit there for 2-3 minutes to give the tram ahead time to go ahead. So let's say a tram leaves every 4 minutes (4 minutes combined load and dispatch hold time) . It would take 16 minutes to clear out that entire 4-tram crowd.

But if you run dual-load zones with two tram routes (assuming the lot is entirely full and thus Guests are evenly spread between the two), two trams can depart at the same time, each heading off to their respective sides of the lot after the underpass. Under this scenario, 4 trams worth of Guests would only take 8 minutes to clear.

While it makes little difference to those Guests who board first, those unlucky enough to be at the back of the pack have seen their wait time cut in half.

-Rob

thelookingglass

I'm happy to say that, based on what I saw on Oct. 1st, the new system of dividing the lot in half with two tram stations works great, and really does cut down the wait time for the tram.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm happy to say that, based on what I saw on Oct. 1st, the new system of dividing the lot in half with two tram stations works great, and really does cut down the wait time for the tram.

Well, I'll eat my words. And, I'm glad to hear it's working. Did you happen to notice if they staffed up to help guests remember that there are two trams? Do they announce the heck out of it when you're riding the tram in?

devoy1701

Well, I'll eat my words. And, I'm glad to hear it's working. Did you happen to notice if they staffed up to help guests remember that there are two trams? Do they announce the heck out of it when you're riding the tram in?

I was still able to walk to my car faster than the tram that departed at the same time as we were walking could drive the guests there. And we parked in Cruella which is the farthest Villan lot away from the TTC.

I will still always just burn the few extra calories and save time to just walk. And I will still refer to the Heros Lots as Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy. :lookaroun

Slugger

When I was leaving on the 1st, they had a CM standing at the Villains side right before you get under the awning telling everyone this tram goes to the Villains side. Yes they announced it a lot on the tram ride in.

Also there is a new automatic spiel for the trams that just added a few days ago. The new spiel includes the doors and it seems shorter than the old spiel.

Disaddict

I was still able to walk to my car faster than the tram that departed at the same time as we were walking could drive the guests there. And we parked in Cruella which is the farthest Villan lot away from the TTC.

Sometimes I'd prefer to walk as well but after a loooooong day in the parks (we open and close some) my family looks at me like I am a psycopath for suggesting it. LOL

And I will still refer to the Heros Lots as Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy.

You and me both. ;)

sgm1980

I hope there's a serious reason and intent behind this.

WOW I can't believe some people are actually complaining about this. Read a news article on the Orlando Sentinel's website and there were like 20 complaints all in a row that they are ruining Disney because of changes like this. People need to seriousley get a life! Last time I was at WDW I took one of those tablet surveys when I got to the TTC and a few of the questions were "are the tram lines too bottlenecked" and "is the signage unclear in the parking lot." I guess enough people must have said yes.

Disaddict

WOW I can't believe some people are actually complaining about this. Read a news article on the Orlando Sentinel's website and there were like 20 complaints all in a row that they are ruining Disney because of changes like this. People need to seriousley get a life! Last time I was at WDW I took one of those tablet surveys when I got to the TTC and a few of the questions were "are the tram lines too bottlenecked" and "is the signage unclear in the parking lot." I guess enough people must have said yes.

Some people hate things at Disney for no other reason than to simply hate things at Disney. There's no rhyme or reason behind it, they just do. As a matter of fact, there's one person I can think of in these boards that is like that. :) It is just something you have to expect these days. Disney could do a survey on a particular idea and get back a 99.9% positive reaction to it but as soon as they announce it the 0.1% will be standing loud and clear screaming that Disney is full of fools and morons. It actually makes me laugh to see how many people actually think they could run Disney parks better than Disney. :lol: I agree that Meg Crofton has made some questionable decisions (The whole "Disney Parks" generalization thing for one) by the way I see things but I am not a Disney exec. ;)

Tom

Beta Return

You should learn to read an entire thread before quoting one line of text out of context.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom